• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Zomg I actually beat someone. Only took me doing my highest APM ever (only 72) but still.

72 APM? You could easily get to diamond with that. Most bronze players i've seen are lucky to have 20 in a regular game.

Edit: I don't mean that in a bad way. I think once you learn a bit more about the game you will fly up the ladder.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Nestea, so godlike.

axJZ8yv.jpg

cTYsafb.jpg

XnxZQzl.jpg

Aylinato

Zealots are overpowered piece of shit units

Just like every protoss unit

And every protoss player

Just build Thor's, or hellions, or hellbats, or battlecruisers, or banshees, or ravens, or Vikings, or marines, or marauders, or snipers, or tanks, or widow mines.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just build Thor's, or hellions, or hellbats, or battlecruisers, or banshees, or ravens, or Vikings, or marines, or marauders, or snipers, or tanks, or widow mines.
That's a great way. If you want to get demolished as a terran.

Yoshichan

fuck that man

straight up

J2d

Watching top mlg matches, I miss Metalopolis, don't know if there's any match on Xel'Naga Caverns but I loved that map too.

Yoshichan

How come gold players have 160-180 apm nowadays? Only smurfs play SC2?

Yoshichan

Fuck Terran. Dropping in my natural and 3rd while blind scanning my 4th and 5th on the other side of the map.

God I'm the worst player ever. Doing higher APM than almost everyone I face but still lose.

Aylinato

Fuck Terran. Dropping in my natural and 3rd while blind scanning my 4th and 5th on the other side of the map.

God I'm the worst player ever. Doing higher APM than almost everyone I face but still lose.

sounds like someone needs a coach. If only we had coaches around still. *calling SC2 coaches*

*cough*Corran could do it*cough*

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Just met Select at PAX. Cool guy. Apparently DeMusliM is here. Didn't get a chance to meet him yet.

Yoshichan

edit: fuck it, won't even bother

Yoshichan

:lol

What?

Also, I went to bed raging last night.

Zen

Banned
Technique in Starcraft (A guide on mechanics)

A really awesome and comprehensive guide to SC2 mechanics for beginners.

There's a lot in there that's useful for moderate and experienced SCII gamers as well. A lot of people develop bad habits or never learn the good ones in the first place. Any SCII gamer should read this.

demolishing you mean.

zealot are super weak to everything terran has, minus medivacs and SCVs

Not early game chargelot timings. You're going to get skull fucked bothering to build thors and the like.

Yoshichan

Good thing we didnt play then, you would have broken another keyboard!
Haha oh no I wouldn't be mad at you. Stupid ladder. You up for some games today?

Yoshichan

Damn you Boken!

Yoshichan

Going to a friends place (yet another party) but I'm taking my laptop with me so I'll be able to play whenever I hook it up. Dunno when the party starts though, but it should be in a couple of hours. Hopefully you can play then! I'll be on Skype and also post here.

Yoshichan

Time for some laser game :D!

SamuraiX-

Now it's officially official.

STX gives up management of SouL

TeamLiquid said:
STX passed along the announcement to KeSPA that they cannot keep running STX SouL.
Classic, Dear, INnoVation, Mini, Trap, YoungJoo participated in posting.

Result :
INnoVation (이신형) to Acer
Classic (김도우) to SKT T1
The other players are not chosen.

Some players are looking for joining foreign teams. The other players and the coaching staffs will join GSTL as Team "SouL".

http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/view.php?ud=2013083123553853719

Mini retire.
Calm goes to military service.

The coach of SouL, Kim Min Gi and Choi Won Suk has made a contract for a dormitary around Incheon at their own expanse to help gamers who want to continue their career as progamer.

---

hyvaa retires and gives up GSL (Ref: his facebook)

---

From : http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=62953&iskin=esports

Soul makes combination with Quantic Gaming to participate in GSTL.

hyvaa retiring is the best news to come out of this.

QuanticSoul should be be fun in GSTL but from the sound of it, who are they gonna have left on the roster?

Yoshichan

Profit, I can play in like an hour :D! You?

Deadman

Looks like lots of changes

Alex Kim ‏@supernovamaniac 8m

I'm going to translate what I just got on my personal twitter feed.

Woongjin's still up in the air, Soul -> GSTL (confirmed), Bisu retires, KeSPA SC2 teams downsized to 5~6 people

They're preparing for LoL finals, and upcoming SC2 Proleague maybe its last.

IM Prime MVP out of eSF (ALL OF THESE ARE RUMORS BTW). IM working with KeSPA to get LG to sponsor.

MVP is going to hand over the LoL team to Khan, SC2 team is going to disband, and Prime is hoping that they'll pick up sponsor through KeSPA

Disclaimer: The eSF/KeSPA rumor comes from one tweet that includes some rumors/facts that have been stated before.

Bisu rumor seen on few places, Stork is NOT retiring for sure (image proof provided somewhere), or at least, staying with KHAN for sure.

https://twitter.com/supernovamaniac

Yoshichan

Not Bisu please :(

Yoshichan

Yeah, thanks Blizzard for giving both the colossus and the high templar to protoss. What a great idea.

Fucking morons.

Been inevitable for a long time now. When you had 7 people turn up to those early SPL matches and half of them were asleep you could say the writing was somewhat on the wall...

Fuck! The people that get Prime players except Byun is in for a treat. But I hope Prime gets new sponsorship! Maybe 2014 will be the year of SC2 with WCS getting a better format.

Top Bottom