• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Is MKP still in code A? Their website is beyond balls for tracking this stuff.

Yeah MKP is in Code A bracket C. He has a good chance of making it to Code S this time.

All he has in his bracket so far are Zergs. Depends if Innovation or Super end up being his code S opponent in his bracket. Innovation looks like he will be the end of the bracket from the looks of things which is good since Innovation is weak in TvT lol.

Here it starts soon with Maru vs Parting.

Zen

Banned
Man Maru why u push down the ramp.

Yeah MKP is in Code A bracket C. He has a good chance of making it to Code S this time.

All he has in his bracket so far are Zergs. Depends if Innovation or Super end up being his code S opponent in his bracket. Innovation looks like he will be the end of the bracket from the looks of things which is good since Innovation is weak in TvT lol.

Here it starts soon with Maru vs Parting.

Thanks good to know.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
PhoenixPause, we miss you man!

Aylinato

Your daily helping of sodium chloride:

rsz_salty.jpg

You should Yamato the tanks out of spite

Man Maru why u push down the ramp.

Thanks good to know.

Well damn MKP just lost to Zero which kills his chance of Code S completely. If he lost in the next round, there was always a chance in the Up&Downs.

Well Maru is the only hope for Prime from the looks of things. Even Byun got past Sniper which gives him a good shot at Code S.

MKP has really fallen hard. Then again Zero might simply be in beast mode.

MKP should really consider moving to another region if not becoming a coach or doing his military service.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How long is Photon bullshit Cannon active? I'm gonna start timing it as soon as a protoss uses it and immediately push up as op cannon stops shooting.

Yoshichan

are you sure you aren't suppose to charge in when it's up?
Does the Mothership Core exist in your LoL? Didn't think so.

Yoshichan

na we have stuff that one shot heroes

and it isn't considered broken
colossus, HTs and archons one shot my shit all the time

and it IS considered broken

Zen

Banned
Well damn MKP just lost to Zero which kills his chance of Code S completely. If he lost in the next round, there was always a chance in the Up&Downs.

Well Maru is the only hope for Prime from the looks of things. Even Byun got past Sniper which gives him a good shot at Code S.

MKP has really fallen hard. Then again Zero might simply be in beast mode.

MKP should really consider moving to another region if not becoming a coach or doing his military service.

MKP , Gumiho, Symbol, Seed, Swagger, AND Squirtle are all out of GSL. wtf. :(

(or in CODE B which means the same thing).

Aylinato

If you played it would render all three units worthless!

*standing ovation*

Nice work fanboi.

And Holden accepted his fate too.

Btw mass immortals and colosi shouldn't be able to beat BC, Viking, banshee combo.

Alright so who wants to play team games on Wednesday?

=D

SamuraiX-

Awesome article from TL about the new CJ Entus Protoss rookie, Sora:

The Sky is the Limit: Sora's Tale

For those of you unfamiliar with the story, Sora played in the WCG Korean qualifiers just this past summer and finished with a 14-2 record where he 2-0'd players like FanTaSy, Bomber, Curious, GuMiho and Soulkey. He eventually lost 0-2 to PartinG in the final but at this point it didn't matter. Sora is now one of three players who will be representing South Korea at WCG 2013. The other two? INnoVation and PartinG.

Nobody had heard anything about this guy before this event so what he did was pretty insane. He even qualified for Code A this season! Sora will make his WCS debut on Tuesday, Oct 01 9:00pm PDT (GMT-07:00), when he will face Curious in Code A.

Zen

Banned
Zs are getting really really really good at fighting bio widow mine to the point where I do wonder if Ts will start incorporating a few tanks anyway for easier target firing. Seeing that ZvT gap closed by skill has been really admirable to watch.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Awesome article from TL about the new CJ Entus Protoss rookie, Sora:

The Sky is the Limit: Sora's Tale

For those of you unfamiliar with the story, Sora played in the WCG Korean qualifiers just this past summer and finished with a 14-2 record where he 2-0'd players like FanTaSy, Bomber, Curious, GuMiho and Soulkey. He eventually lost 0-2 to PartinG in the final but at this point it didn't matter. Sora is now one of three players who will be representing South Korea at WCG 2013. The other two? INnoVation and PartinG.

Nobody had heard anything about this guy before this event so what he did was pretty insane. He even qualified for Code A this season! Sora will make his WCS debut on Tuesday, Oct 01 9:00pm PDT (GMT-07:00), when he will face Curious in Code A.
Thanks for posting, that was a great article.

Yoshichan

Allright, so TvT.

I cc first (14 supply) and build a rax immediately. I scout, see nothing in his base, but one gas. I know it's a proxy rax with reapers.

Suddenly, one reaper in my base and I've got no marines out. Marine shows up, he gets killed 1v1 and now I've got two reapers in my base. He kept killing my units as soon as they popped out of the rax and then kept on going against my workers.

The fuck do I do?

SamuraiX-

Allright, so TvT.

I cc first (14 supply) and build a rax immediately. I scout, see nothing in his base, but one gas. I know it's a proxy rax with reapers.

Suddenly, one reaper in my base and I've got no marines out. Marine shows up, he gets killed 1v1 and now I've got two reapers in my base. He kept killing my units as soon as they popped out of the rax and then kept on going against my workers.

The fuck do I do?

Pretty much why I never CC first on the ladder. It feels like it always gets punished. :(

I think I've seen pro players still recover when they were in the same situation as you but you seriously need the micro of a god. Basically pull workers to buffer any damage that the Reaper would do to any Marines you have... and then just hope he doesn't keep building Reapers. ;_;

Zen

Banned
Allright, so TvT.

The fuck do I do?

Well first of all don't lose that one marine. You want to grab some scv to guard the cliff edge with your one marine and zone until you have 2 marines. When you watched the replay it was just one rax or two? When did they go down? In general don't CC first tvt unless it's on a larger map.

SamuraiX-

Mairu

Woongjin Releases 6 Core Players

wtf??

Never saw this coming. Now they only have sOs and Soulkey. The rest of their roster is trash. Free, BrAvO, Aria and ZerO are all very good players. Hope they find a good team.

Has not much to do with SC2 and everything to do with Woongjin being in trouble themselves (the company)

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/...chief-stand-trial-over-massive-financial-fr-0

They've got more important things to deal with rather than financing a team. I don't think they even have a LoL team

Mairu

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/1nil7l/new_info_about_woongjin_stars_we_cannot_continue/

According to fomos, the released 6 WJS players, Free, Zero, Bravo, Organ, Aria, Habin, have to find a KeSPA team in two weeks. After that they will not be able to join any KeSPA team. They can still join ESF and foreign teams or retire after that.

There are only two players left: Soulkey and sOs. This situation makes Woongjin Stars unable to participate in the next SPL. Soulkey will be supported mainly by sponsors. But sOs is still in the phase of negotiation.

One secretary at WJS: "we are unable to maintain the players' salary request. We cannot continue. This time we released 6 players and we hope they can join the teams they want."

WJS will not disband directly. Coach Lee will lead the team with Soulkey, sOs, and 1-2 trainees.

Source: http://www.playsc.com/forum/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=379176[1] Korean source: http://fomos.co.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=135879&db=issue[2]

edit: I skimmed & misread nm

SamuraiX-

Wow this really sucks... and with the next season of Proleague potentially being the last... ;_;

MVP, IM and Prime need to save SPL.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Very sad news lately. Hopefully MLG announces a SC2 circuit but things are looking grim since they just announced DOTA 2 and COD for next year. The third would likely be between LoL or SC2... ;_;

Aaron

According to numbers on TL, Starcraft 2 viewership is also on a gradual decline. Less and less people watching pro player streams, less watching WCS.

Allright, so TvT.

The fuck do I do?

Which map?

You need to leave 2 or 3 workers near your Rax as soon as you see the Gas and no Rax in your opponents base. Losing a couple of SCVs is fine since you have double MULE.

Top Bottom