• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guys

SC2 is amazing

That is all

Zen

Banned
SCII is amazing, it's not BW amazing, but it's a great game. It has its fair share of design issues, but no game is perfect.

Also nothing beats playing high level 2v2 games. I really wish we'd get a 2v2 league in the GSL or some such.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This game sucks ass and zerg is a piece of shit op race

fanboi

Banned
See, no one is noticing you, let alone I don't even quote you, but you know deep down this is regarding you.

Real life has finally catched up on GAF on you.

Yoshichan

Plat players with 204 avarage apm.

Yeah, good job Blizzard you fucking miserable piece of shits. What a lousy, LOUSY fucking company.

Yoshichan

From this:

vo33iga.png

To a loss. Zerg is such a hard race.

Yoshichan

How does it feel to fill the gaps of knowledge with pure hate? o_O
You guys are too smart for me nowadays... I have no idea what you're talking about...

Also, this game made me sick - no joke. Felt perfect up until when I started playing this shit, then rage-quit and went to bed and now I feel like ass.

Sigh, fuck this game.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I watched more ling bane muta against MMMM and keep wondering why no one makes like 2-4 infestors to win an engagement.

SamuraiX-

I watched more ling bane muta against MMMM and keep wondering why no one makes like 2-4 infestors to win an engagement.

Totally agreed.

The stupid projectile fungal revamp has fooled most Zerg players into thinking Infestors are useless because they don't almost guarantee you a win now. Some pro players have wised up and you see them incorporating a few into the mix and in all cases I have witnessed, it always ends with them winning engagements that they probably otherwise would've lost.

Yoshichan

Not using now because no one wants to use an additional hotkey. That's how zerg/toss-players roll.

Zen

Banned
Apparently Shuttle retired because he wouldn't be able to play in WCS EU DUE TO THE UPCOMING SEASONS REGION LOCK and felt that he would be sub par participating in WCS Kr.

Big news?

SamuraiX-

Apparently Shuttle retired because he wouldn't be able to play in WCS EU DUE TO THE UPCOMING SEASONS REGION LOCK and felt that he would be sub par participating in WCS Kr.

Big news?

Very big news. I didn't hear this part about his retirement. Source?

Syf

Banned
If that's true I'm happy. Koreans owning every WCS region is screwed up. Of course you're gonna alienate potential fans that way.

Yoshichan

Yesterday was not a good day. Broke an IKEA furniture and almost chewed my right thumb off.

Fuck zerg, protoss AND terran.

Yoshichan

Zen

Banned
Yesterday was not a good day. Broke an IKEA furniture and almost chewed my right thumb off.

Fuck zerg, protoss AND terran.

You should get a punching bag. Aside from relatively minor incidents I haven't had an issue of SCIIrage damaging my property since.

Zen

Banned
Isn't Dragon just taking a break to help a friend? I'm pretty sure we'll see him stream again in the future.

DES: WCS 2014 will be region-lock with bigger prize pool. Korean teams criticize. (speculation from numerous sources, not directly confirmed yet)

ccording to DES and Thisisgame's speculation, the Korean esports media, WCS 2014 will be region-lock. Only the Korean players that are in foreign teams which have team house in non-Korean countries can participate in non-Korean regions.

Many western teams have been notified about the reform (translator: as seen by some NA/EU players' comments).

An anonymous person said that "Blizzard has negotiated with many teams. Most teams want region-lock, because NA/EU are occupied by Korean."

People in Korean esports circle criticize this message. They think that it will further shrink the survival space of Korean players, and sponsors will lose interest.

But the good news is that the prize pool will increase. WCS KR will return to GSL level prize pool. And season finals and global finals will have higher prize pool than this year.

Source: http://s.163.com/13/1009/22/9APFGNQH00314Q8M.html

Korean source: http://sports.news.naver.com/sports...47&article_id=0000046096&date=20131009&page=5

http://sports.news.naver.com/sports...47&article_id=0000046095&date=20131009&page=5

http://sports.news.naver.com/sports...39&article_id=0000000610&date=20131009&page=5

Update: The lesson I learned from posting two translations on reddit today is that English community respects facts much more than the Chinese community. The source that I translated doesn't mention it's speculation, but as several people pointed out that, I have changed the wording to reflect it's speculation. I will take note and next time use more accurate wording. Sorry about the mistake.

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/1o2udy/des_wcs_2014_will_be_regionlock_with_bigger_prize/

Fuchsdh

It only seems reasonable. People like having people like them they can root for; it's not an inherently racist or nationalist thing, it's just facts of life... players that fans identify with are a key component of many sports.

I've got my own favorite players, Korean or no, and I like them all facing off, but I think it's better for StarCraft as a whole if we see an opportunity for foreign players to rise to the top.

Zen

Banned
http://www.twitch.tv/wcs_america

Jim v NSHSSanEE

NSHSSanEE had infestor Viper roach and could have takena fight easilly if he had fungaled the army and blinding clouded the prerifery of the death ball, but noooo, he wastes his viper energy on three abducts instead and loses the fight to warp ins.

Koreans relying on flying out and winning WCS NA and EU just doesn't seem like a viable long term option to me. Sure it's a nice way to make some quick bucks in the next year or 2 but it isn't sustainable. It's also damaging both those regions which long term is pretty damn bad for those players as well.

They're increasing the prize pool for the Korean tournament so hopefully that should help a bit. Next year hopefully blizzard learns their lesson and the WCS is on a more tight schedule (all 3 regions should be the same really) and there should be more downtime for other tournaments like dreamhack and iron squid. Hopefully this gives players from all regions (but especially Korea) a chance to make some more money.

Hopefully we see these changes which are a huge positive. Would be nice if we saw some changes to the gameplay made as well.

Sucks to be korean these days, but it always has in the SC2 scene I guess.

What with Koreans taking 90% of the prize pool of every tournament, foreign or Korean. Sure does suck to be a Korean yeah. How has it sucked more to be a Korean player than a foreign player, a lot more Koreans have seen success than the opposite.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
the only way this will get settled is if getting top four in the GSL is the equivalent of winning one of the other two regions, and the top eight go to the season finals, as opposed to the top four of the other two regions. they can justify this by saying it's the only tournament which is truly open to competitors of any nationality.

Yoshichan

zargle

Re the WCS region lock, I dont think it really affects all that many players, since most Korean players playing in the EU and NA regions were on foreign teams anyway? For instance in this last season, in EU of the Koreans, only MVP, Tails, and DuckDeok would have been gone. MMA, MC, Stardust, all members of foreign teams. Same in NA, where taking this last season as the example, only Nestea and Byul would not have been there.

I remember thinking this same thing when the initial list of Korean players playing outside of Korea was announced, most people were going where there team had operations.

Yoshichan

Made 121 drones a game against a protoss on ladder :/

Very bad idea... especially since I turtled 'till the toss got 333... Jesus Christ.

Re the WCS region lock, I dont think it really affects all that many players, since most Korean players playing in the EU and NA regions were on foreign teams anyway? For instance in this last season, in EU of the Koreans, only MVP, Tails, and DuckDeok would have been gone. MMA, MC, Stardust, all members of foreign teams. Same in NA, where taking this last season as the example, only Nestea and Byul would not have been there.

I remember thinking this same thing when the initial list of Korean players playing outside of Korea was announced, most people were going where there team had operations.

If the article above is true it says the team requires a team house as well, how many of those teams have one? I don't follow it too closely but as far as i knew there aren't actually many teams with team houses at all.

I think if this makes Korean players actually have to live and train in the region they play in that alone would help. Right now it's silly, they can just train in Korean team houses fly out for a week or 2 and win the whole thing. It doesn't help the region they play in at all.

Made 121 drones a game against a protoss on ladder :/

Very bad idea... especially since I turtled 'till the toss got 333... Jesus Christ.

Reminds me of a hilarious TvZ I saw on GSL or something about a month go. It was really late game and Terran was down about 50 supply, but he had the larger army and eventually won since the Zerg was on 98 drones.

Top Bottom