• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
SC2GAF will always be in my heart

V_Arnold

I actually play LoL now, although I was afraid to tell this to SCII-GAF :p

(SCII is vastly superior, but at least in LOL, I can gradually become better and not fall behind insanely when I do not play for a few days).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Never have I had so many different types of tabs at work...

kwsTYdf.png

Aaron

Yeah, I stopped playing Starcraft 2 when I realized I was as good as I was ever going to get with my terrible APM. Playing a hero in Dota 2 with multiple units makes me feel a little better about it.

Yoshichan

Meanwhile, at Destinys office:

UakL2wW.png

Yoshichan

Oh man i haven't played in god knows how may months on 1v1 so i've been placed in bronze and i'm working my way back up. Oh man the things you see down here.
Tell us :3 It's fun.

Yoshichan

I came as soon as I heard!!!!

I hope you're ok Yoshi-san
Nothing is okay in here... scroll up... check LoL thread... DotA thread... it's all over for me and SC2 :(

edit: holy shit and I just realized I started listening to Jay Z today... everything is changing at the same time... didn't think I'd go from rock to pop and now to rap :( IDENTITY CRISIS T_T

edit 2: I'm actually panicking right now, hard to breathe - I still can't believe this shit. I'm still in denial and it's pissing me off... fuck me.

Yoshichan

Browsing through old photos... saw MKP on the mirror... when I come home, I will trash it all :(

rwXXJ.jpg

V_Arnold

Nothing is okay in here... scroll up... check LoL thread... DotA thread... it's all over for me and SC2 :(

edit: holy shit and I just realized I started listening to Jay Z today... everything is changing at the same time... didn't think I'd go from rock to pop and now to rap :( IDENTITY CRISIS T_T

edit 2: I'm actually panicking right now, hard to breathe - I still can't believe this shit. I'm still in denial and it's pissing me off... fuck me.

IF you want to listen to quality "rap", use this. or THIS :p

profit

The most fun I've had with a MOBA is the speed MOBA on iPad - called Solstice. Played that for like 100 hours until they nerfed my character and chose to introduce match making into the system. I stopped playing that game when I punched the shit out of the screen ._. Wasn't a great idea (felt like a good one the second I got killed from fullscreen because of imba wizzy).

Again mods, I don't know what you are waiting for, but now seems like a perfect time to switch back to his old tag.

Yoshichan

profit

rofit :( Why are you doing this, instead of hugging me, telling me it'll all be fine... after all I've done ,_,

Come on man, you know it'll be fine. Sure it sucks that one of our favorite players is quitting (another Terran less...), but its just a game....

Also, put aside that humongous "honor" of yours and come play some DOTA 2 matches with us, just for fun.

Yoshichan

Come on man, you know it'll be fine. Sure it sucks that one of our favorite players is quitting (another Terran less...), but its just a game....
He wasn't just "another favorite terran"... he single-handedly revived SC2 for me back in early 2011 ,_, Every single time I've attended an e-sports convention or tournament, I've kept my hopes up that I'll meet him one day...

LoL rant ahead, don't read if you don't want to read a butt-hurt post:
but with him switching fully to LoL is just heart-breaking and if anything, this just adds more fuel to the fire that I've already got burning for LoL. I fucking despise LoL so hard, like, to the point where I literally want to de-friend every single "friend" I have that plays it. Doesn't really help that I'm raging a bit TOO much lately when I play SC2 but the community is what's kept making me enjoy the game... with the game dying rapidly though, I just don't know how much shit I can handle. Fuck, I hate Blizzard.
Also, put aside that humongous "honor" of yours and come play some DOTA 2 matches with us, just for fun.
Yeah, I have less hatred against DotA... I might just go with that one day ,_,

V_Arnold

MKP is retiring?
I really did not like what he was. He got cocky on his Marine micro and refused to adapt. Good luck to him in LOL, there he only needs one unit anyway. Fits his playstyle much, much more. And that is not even sarcasm.

Boken

Banned
I actually play LoL now, although I was afraid to tell this to SCII-GAF :p

(SCII is vastly superior, but at least in LOL, I can gradually become better and not fall behind insanely when I do not play for a few days).
Now that you are out of closet
Come say hi, panda and pankaks misses you

Zen

Banned
Oh man i haven't played in god knows how may months on 1v1 so i've been placed in bronze and i'm working my way back up. Oh man the things you see down here.

Tell us :3 It's fun.

Browsing through old photos... saw MKP on the mirror... when I come home, I will trash it all :(

rwXXJ.jpg

Can you mail that MKP autograph to me instead?

MC should "retire" too.

Then ggong, watch, mkp, piglet and MC can go make a lol team called starcraft

MC is too busy getting filthy rich off of SCII.

Serious talk though, I imagine that this decision isn't entirely MKPs. He's probably in a situation where, teamhouse or not,he can't justify not early money from Code A/S, and his emotional instability has made it very hard for him to endure and return to form in SCII.

I bet you anything his coach floated LoL to him due to the relatively less stressful environment, and that it goes hand in hand with his greatest skill: Micro. I'm sure even beign a LoL alternate he's earning more, or has the potential to earn more at a far lower barrier to entry than getting back into Code A/S through code B hell.

I wish him luck. It sucks that he never won a tournament, but for all the frustration his fans (and he) felt, he provided a lot of great memories as well. I never got to see the BW scene, and I've never rooted for an SCII player before or after, like I rooted for MKP.

Yoshichan

I wish him luck. It sucks that he never won a tournament
MLG 2012 against DRG, man! TWICE. Not an easy feat, and also one of my favorite SC2 matches of all time... God, those were good fucking times.
and I've never rooted for an SCII player before or after, like I rooted for MKP.
You and me same, bro :(

Yoshichan

Stop fighting!

I've posted in BOTH threads!

edit: Also, Holden - you seriously need to say something when you start streaming! How else am I supposed to know? Twitch doesn't send out online-notifications to me anymore...

Holden

Stop fighting!

I've posted in BOTH threads!

edit: Also, Holden - you seriously need to say something when you start streaming! How else am I supposed to know? Twitch doesn't send out online-notifications to me anymore...

dammit yoshi, i thought you were swedish, follow your fellow swedish like ksan & corky

Euh, i don't care to much about promoting my stream, i just need to stream as "proof" for my speedrun and it doesn't even matter that much yet cause my speedruns aren't fast enough

Yoshichan

dammit yoshi, i thought you were swedish, follow your fellow swedish like ksan & corky
Corky and Ksan plays DOTA? God, why must these life-decisions be so hard :(
Euh, i don't care to much about promoting my stream, i just need to stream as "proof" for my speedrun and it doesn't even matter that much yet cause my speedruns are fast enough
Well, you should still do it just for the hell of it! I love watching stuff when I'm bored/at work or whatever.

Speaking of streaming, where the heck is EscapingJail nowadays? And why did he stop streaming?

Lol zen, that screencap about sums it up. Went 15-0 got promoted to silver but i'm still mostly facing silver. They have made it much harder to get up through the ranks it seems now. I feel like my play is getting worse facing these guys. I feel like if you've played before at a high level it probably shouldn't make you rank so slowly, kinda sucks for the people you're facing.

Having a lot of fun though.

Holden

Corky and Ksan plays DOTA? God, why must these life-decisions be so hard :(

Well i used to play with corky but he moved to africa or something?? (I COULD BE TOTALLY WRONG AND MAKING THIS UP)

and ksan is fucking trash at dota
he might be the best gaffer at dota
and always gets mad when we play with him, makes us lawl

Yoshichan

I want to have fun too :(

Any way to reset your MMR and rank?

Yoshichan

Well i used to play with corky but he moved to africa or something?? (I COULD BE TOTALLY WRONG AND MAKING THIS UP)
Haha, no that's actually accurate. He works somewhere in Africa atm, he posts on and off in the Sweden-GAF-thread.
and ksan is fucking trash at dota
he might be the best gaffer at dota
and always gets mad when we play with him, makes us lawl
Well I'll be damned!

How are Swedes at DOTA in general? I'm talking pro-level btw.

Holden

Haha, no that's actually accurate. He works somewhere in Africa atm, he posts on and off in the Sweden-GAF-thread.

Well I'll be damned!

How are Swedes at DOTA in general? I'm talking pro-level btw.

sweden won the "super-bowl" of dota this year

and one of their players is the boyfriend of kelly Milkies LOLOLOLOL

Yoshichan

sweden won the "super-bowl" of dota this year

and one of their players is the boyfriend of kelly Milkies LOLOLOLOL

Really? Wow, that's both hilarious and awesome at the same time :D
You play on Europe, have you actually played on NA? If not you could easily just throw the placement matches and start from the bottom :p.
Yup, I have an active rank on NA as well :( And if I choose any other region (besides EU and NA) I lag like a bitch ._.

V_Arnold

i'm dling d3, is the new patch the equivalent of ps3 out?

Not implemented yet. If you did not play PC Diablo III past its launch, it got MUCH better, but the console versions have some gameplay/loot improvement (Nephalem Orbs, loot 1.5) that are not in the pc versions - yet.

Wait for Blizzcon when (if) we will get solid dates for when the expansion pre-patch hits pc's.

Yoshichan

Wait for Blizzcon
Wait for it indeed! God damn, the amount of hype for this years' Blizzcon is gonna be crazy! I have the OT set and ready to go when the days are near :D

HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Holden

ps3 is expensive yo, and if i buy it its only for the games i allready bought (sotc and demonsouls)

love me some shadow of the collosus and demon soul, yummm

Top Bottom