• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

ghst

thanks for the laugh
turn on doto stream:

one guy is screaming at me in the worst kind of australian, another guy is wearing an open button yellow silk shirt with a dota pendant and being generally autistic.

it gets better, right?

ghst

thanks for the laugh
so much negativity. i for one am looking forward to next year when blizzard charge us for a handful of conservative additions which make the game feel fresh again for about two months before we return to the same stale matchups and declining audience.

V_Arnold

so much negativity. i for one am looking forward to next year when blizzard charge us for a handful of conservative additions which make the game feel fresh again for about two months before we return to the same stale matchups and declining audience.

Well, I for one remain optimistic. Since their Diablo team realized that the AH was not needed and in fact(?) conflicted their own interests, I am sure the following changes will be at the top of the first Legacy of Void changelist:

- Colossus has been removed
- Reavers have been introduced
- Viking Range has been decreased to 6

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Well, I for one remain optimistic. Since their Diablo team realized that the AH was not needed and in fact(?) conflicted their own interests, I am sure the following changes will be at the top of the first Legacy of Void changelist:

- Colossus has been removed
- Reavers have been introduced
- Viking Range has been decreased to 6

i guess you haven't heard any discussion with david kim. they essentially consider the broad design of SC2 done. it'll just be maintenance, tweaking and a couple more units which augment the way the game is already played.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dat. Viking. Nerf.

V_Arnold

Dat. Viking. Nerf.

Since Viking's existence is traced back to Colossi's Range, it is obvious that it needs to go in my hypothetical situation (not to mention how many other things Vikings fuck up in relation to TVP/TVZ, and even TVT). Sorry that I feel that way :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Haha no need to be sorry, wtf :lol

Aaron

They just did a pan of the scattered crowd for IEM New York, and there was a LoL cosplayer in the audience. SC2 is dead.

For those that care, Naniwa is still in it and good shot at having enough points for Blizzcon.

Aaron

Large muta clump is absurdly powerful. Infinite turrets can't stop them. Terran needs to get lucky with widow mines. Flash sure to switch to LoL in under six months.

Large muta clump is absurdly powerful. Infinite turrets can't stop them. Terran needs to get lucky with widow mines. Flash sure to switch to LoL in under six months.

Yeah Muta clumps that have more than 20 is insane. Need like 2 Thors with 3 Turrets in each base. Or a bunker full of Marines and 2 WMs.

Aaron

Yeah Muta clumps that have more than 20 is insane. Need like 2 Thors with 3 Turrets in each base. Or a bunker full of Marines and 2 WMs.
None of this works well because the clump flies with a few detectors so they can avoid widow mines, and fly away from everything else. Thors can't catch them, and on a map like that even marines couldn't stop them. You would have to leave your army just to guard your bases, and meanwhile the zerg is just building up to switch into even more powerful units. Mutas have been buffed to absurdity.

None of this works well because the clump flies with a few detectors so they can avoid widow mines, and fly away from everything else. Thors can't catch them, and on a map like that even marines couldn't stop them. You would have to leave your army just to guard your bases, and meanwhile the zerg is just building up to switch into even more powerful units. Mutas have been buffed to absurdity.

I find that base race is effective vs tons of Mutas. You leave 12-15 marines with 2-3 WMs at your least mined base and take the rest of your army along with 20 or so SCVs and do an all-in. Screw letting them go to Ultra while you struggle to hold on to 3/4 bases.

The major problem with this all-in is banelings or Infestors. Mutas can never defeat a Marine army with Medivacs so the all in is the way to go.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
i guess you haven't heard any discussion with david kim. they essentially consider the broad design of SC2 done. it'll just be maintenance, tweaking and a couple more units which augment the way the game is already played.
rip

More opportunity to be active in blob fights has to happen to make the engagements more interesting than the posturing and buildup before hand. Fights are too quick to see player skill to a meaningful degree.

Couldn't agree more man. Right now the excitement generally comes from the build-up to fights, while the fights themselves are over in seconds.

To put this into perspective. I had a 200/200 army with 2 BCs, 3 Ravens and a ton of MMMV+Tanks in TvT.

The other guy had the same and a few Ravens.

I got the bad end of an engage and my army melted in 6 seconds. (3 seconds is all it takes for a Tank to fire)

I didn't last long after that.

It doesn't help that by the time you reinforce you are dead, especially as Terran.

Maps need way more distance imho. Bigger than Whirlwind if we can manage it.

The problem is that the bases when you expand either come closer or farther away and its easier to get picked off. Not to mention everything dies so damn fast.

Watched the 2 hour long (gameplay-time) ZvT yesterday... Destiny playing... fucking crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zBh4Vd7H9g

Watch when you're bored. Some genius moves in there.

edit: Also, god damn I missed when Bisu streamed and had to deal with this:

My5zmrk.gif

:lol :lol :lol Oh Dragoons, I know your pathing is bad... but THAT bad?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woTOhnTWzfs#t=18m40s

This is why I hate mech.

Zen

Banned
Good Night Sweet King - A Tribute To MKP's Impact On The Starcraft II Scene

Today when I arrived home from school I instantly saw the "Marine King switching to lol" threads on both /r/starcraft and here on TL.net. And every time I see a pro going away from Starcraft II my hearth sinks a bit. I admire and love the professional SC2 scene so much that it truly saddens me every time people leave it. I remember seeing (T)Jinro, (T)Sea, (P)Bisu, (P)JangBi, (Z)Stephano and everyone else imaginable retire, and I never blame them, and as selfish as it is, I really wish they would stay. Today however, I did not get quite that feeling when I saw the posts about MKP. Which is strange, because everyone of my friends know the deep burning passion I have for Marine King, he is most likely the reason I still watch professional SC2. I guess it's always been looming over me, the fact that MKP never will win that GSL trophy, and the fact that he never will return to dominate the top tier again have been so obvious that I guess I got used to the fact that he would leave soon.

However, Marine King deserves a greater goodbye, everyone who have been around for a while should know about Marine King, he is a big name to Starcraft 2, and always will be, but why is that? It's easy to remember MKP, but hard to remember why we should remember him, and as a person who have religiously followed him since his early days I think I'm allowed to give you the reasons why Marine King had such influence on SC2.

More at Link: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=431862

Love him or laugh at him, MKP was able to connect with his fans on an emotional level the way few pro gamers have, and certainly in a way that any SCII pro has yet to replicate. Of course it's because he's so emotional, and we got to see our own frustrations and triumphs reflected on his face with each match, making us feel like a part of his journey all the way through to the unfortunately disappointing end. His appeal went beyond the being just another good player, every game he played was etched with a true career long narrative that captured and sustained interest, happiness, and bitter disappointment. I'm really going to miss him.

But here's to you MKP, you'll always bee a giant of SCII in my mind, and I wish you nothing but the best, you probably deserve it.

Haines

Banned
I watched MKP win live in Columbus MLG.

Starcraft has only gone down hill in every single way. Maybe the third expansion will change things, but there will always be a good sc community no matter.

Myself I havent played in probably a year, watched barely any since i started playing cs, and dont know if ill even bother with legacy

Yoshichan

Good Night Sweet King - A Tribute To MKP's Impact On The Starcraft II Scene

More at Link: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=431862

Love him or laugh at him, MKP was able to connect with his fans on an emotional level the way few pro gamers have, and certainly in a way that any SCII pro has yet to replicate. Of course it's because he's so emotional, and we got to see our own frustrations and triumphs reflected on his face with each match, making us feel like a part of his journey all the way through to the unfortunately disappointing end. His appeal went beyond the being just another good player, every game he played was etched with a true career long narrative that captured and sustained interest, happiness, and bitter disappointment. I'm really going to miss him.

But here's to you MKP, you'll always bee a giant of SCII in my mind, and I wish you nothing but the best, you probably deserve it.
Cried...

Yoshichan

Well guess, I've found my replacement for SC2.

ksan

Yoshi, if you need some hints, I think that fishing is the strongest in the current meta in Animal Crossing.

But Bug Catching is obviously a staple, and always useful.

(._.)

Banned
SC2 is borderline dead to me. Only watch finals now for GSL and OSL. Blizzard really fucked up. Could have been much bigger.

Yoshichan

It'a an iOS game that reminds me of Brood War A LOT. So far enjoying the shit out of the terran/zerg campaign, protoss left! Then off to multiplayer~ :3

Proud to announce that I have a 100 wins to 80 losses ratio!

But seriously I'm ready for Platinum Blizzard! Hurry up and promote me because Gold has become relatively easy.

Yoshichan

biL4zmk.gif

Guess the player!

Yoshichan

Thanks Naniwa!

edWkNx6.png

Top Bottom