• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

profit

Thanks Naniwa!

edWkNx6.png

Things like this are what make me constantly focus on my mini map to spot when a probe enters my base when I play on ladder.
Canon rushes have made me paranoid.

Then I take it you weren't one of the people that pushed IEM to their highest numbers ever.

http://www.fuzic.nl/events/877-iem-new-york-day-4-semifinals-andamp-finals/

Hopefully WCS 2014 makes some changes that will help, and Blizzard starts to get into F2P with LotV

I think 2014 will be better than this year and i'm sure lotv will help somewhat. At this point though i don't see them making the sort of large changes that are needed and i think them going F2P is pretty much a pipe dream. With LoL becoming as huge as it is (not to mention DOTA 2) it's going to be hard to get any of the spotlight back on SC2. Hopefully things start trending upwards at least next year.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Without SC2, I wouldn't have known you guys...

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Sc2 was something.
we all just moved on is all...

we still have each other.

even though pankaks mocks me in league, boko doesnt want to carry me, nobody knows where spl1nter went, the less said about corran the better, yoshi wants to play some ios game, haz is all up in firefalls grill, feep doesnt cast anymore and holden does nothing but speedrun bad games.

Yoshichan

Sc2 was something.
we all just moved on to Dota/LoL/BW
Fixed :(... God I love you guys, and if there's ANYTHING I've regreted, it's that I never played much with any of you guys... Damn it WoL region lock ._.

Holden

Sc2 was something.

even though pankaks mocks me in league, boko doesnt want to carry me, nobody knows where spl1nter went, the less said about corran the better, yoshi wants to play some ios game, haz is all up in firefalls grill, feep doesnt cast anymore and holden does nothing but speedrun bad games.

=-(

i'd play tryhard doto if i knew 4 other ppl who wants to play tryhard doto
game2hard4ppl

Yoshichan

Will HotS ever reach |OT2|?

Will Corran still be making OTs when LotV is out?

Dunno about you guys, but unless I die, I'll still check out this thread all the time. It's my bread'n'butter every single day and the support I've gotten here is amazing.

SC2GAF, always in my <3

V_Arnold

I remember the glorious days when Holden's (wrong) opinion about SCII was considered fringe. Nowadays, it is salt and salt and salt, everywhere we look. So much salt.

Yoshichan

I knew who Holden was before he was called Holden... eat that, casuals!

Yoshichan

I know that he was DIFFERENT before, but I cant seem to remember the NAME itself. My brain is useless in remembering anything that is not crucial...

Hugo
AND IT IS CRUICAL WTF MAN

J2d

SC2 is borderline dead to me. Only watch finals now for GSL and OSL. Blizzard really fucked up. Could have been much bigger.
I used to watch a couple of hours every week but I couldn't even watch the entire life vs naniwa finals this weekend, it just seemed so dull. It's a damn shame since I'm not interested at watching Dota 2 at all.

Hopefully there's a barcraft sometime soon because that's the only thing that would have me watching a sc2 tourney again at this point.

Holden

Hahaha you guys suck.

I fucking hate all of you.

Besides you Holden, never you.

this was in opposite day language

i love you fanboi... wait a second, fuck you

I have Holden on facebook and tell him mommy jokes on a regular basis.

We also had a threesome with Levi together.

levi so kawaii-desu~

Hugo
AND IT IS CRUICAL WTF MAN

<3

I knew who Holden was before he was called Holden... eat that, casuals!
fun fact the first game i used Holden was leagueoflegends LULZ

He's like a french version of Nostradamus.

But he's already fre... goddammit panda

i knew you were trolling me, fuck you with your hidden quote post

SamuraiX-

I've played six games today, 5 cannon rushes and one failed cannon rush into DT. The only word I have for it is frustrating.

Only if they get you... holding off a canon rushing/spotting it early only to have the guy try to cheese harder and ragequit while telling you how horrible you are in the process....

So satisfying, man. hah

Yoshichan

Played 5 games, won 3

Notevenmad

profit

Only if they get you... holding off a canon rushing/spotting it early only to have the guy try to cheese harder and ragequit while telling you how horrible you are in the process....

So satisfying, man. hah

Well they all got me today. And the awfull thing is, I just knew they were going to go for it, and I mostly held it off the first time, but then I just go on thinking they'll abandon the rush. But nope, they just go for it again a minute later.

Zen

Banned
Yes, damage is higher and units clump a ton thanks to good pathfinding but it is a very good game. What race do you favor?

V_Arnold

Is HoTS worth it for me ? Im a BW player making the switch

Yes it is. You will be shocked, you will be entertained, and you will enjoy and hate it at the same time. But it is a unique experience. I say people who do not put at least 1000 hours into SCII/HOTS are missing out on the addictive gamplay, big time.

Now, whether AFTER that amount of time, it becomes tedious or repetitive or something along those lines? That is a totally unrelated - yet! :D

kasane

Yes it is. You will be shocked, you will be entertained, and you will enjoy and hate it at the same time. But it is a unique experience. I say people who do not put at least 1000 hours into SCII/HOTS are missing out on the addictive gamplay, big time.

Now, whether AFTER that amount of time, it becomes tedious or repetitive or something along those lines? That is a totally unrelated - yet! :D

But i hate that nexus that turns into a cannon! XC

Holden

Is HoTS worth it for me ? Im a BW player making the switch

depends for what you're playing for

if you like hardcore 1v1, then ya it's an alright game

but if anything else, i really wouldn't recommend it, but hey a lot of other ppl in this thread enjoy it

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
depends for what you're playing for

if you like hardcore 1v1, then ya it's an alright game

but if anything else, i really wouldn't recommend it, but hey a lot of other ppl in this thread enjoy it
You don't enjoy a game unless it's older than 5 years.

Holden

You don't enjoy a game unless it's older than 5 years.

sadly t.t

every game has been shit this year zzz...

other then roguelegacy which was really good

gta5 not on pc yet and even all the TLoU hype i'm somehow doubt it's that great of game as I really disliked the walkingdead series but hey i'll try it some day;

looking forward for watching dogs but i'm really skeptical about it.

Pretty boring year, might of been better if i had a ps3. Dark souls 2 next year, hype!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I play SC2 everyday =D no better way to relax and have fun
You poor soul.
Sc2 was something.

Firefall is dead I play dota nao. At least I got paid to cast. Feep too busy making videogames. Dont lump me in with him.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Sc2 was something.

He hate me

SamuraiX-

Balance Test map Changes

TeamLiquid said:
Widow Mine:

We'd also like to try a lesser version of the Widow Mine nerf. Right now, we feel just straight downgrading to the 1.25 range is too big of a nerf. Therefore, we'd like to try a change where widow mines don't do full damage. Units within the 1.25 radius will take 100% damage like we're testing right now. From 1.25 to 1.75, units will take 50% or 25% of the full damage. This way, the total splash radius is the same as is on live, but the actual damage output is still nerfed."

Here's how we're intending the Widow Mine change to work:
  • Units inside a 1.25 radius take 100% damage. (e.g. 40 damage)
  • From 1.25 to 1.5, units take 50%. (e.g. 20 damage)
  • From 1.5 to 1.75, units take 25%. (e.g. 10 damage)
The listed damage amounts are based on Sentinel Missile's splash damage amount, not the single target damage. Hope this clears things up.

Yes!! They're using the damage dissipation idea I suggested!

I think Blizzard also really need to consider making the splash damage of WM hits have a dissipating effect where units within the radius of detonation take less damage the further away they are from the origin of detonation.

This may already be the case, but I don't think so...

Edit: Here's what I mean:
WgAus02.png

Not at all to scale but I think it illustrates my point. Currently Widow Mines do 40 splash damage across the entire 1.75 distance from the origin to the perimeter of detonation and that's why we're seeing 20 Zerglings disappear from a single Widow Mine shot. I don't know if implementing something like this is possible but I'm sure it would do wonders in terms of balance for the TvZ matchup.

I really do think this is the best method to make Widow Mines more balanced without nerfing them out of existence. Excited to hear the results that come back from this!

Syf

Banned
Well, that's another step in the right direction. Hopefully that combined with the increased tank firing rate will lead to some more mech play from Terrans. I miss it so. ;-;

Yoshichan

Good change. Now make tanks 2 supply like they should be and we're ready to go.

Somehow we keep having yard sales during huge games. Last one we had on the same day as global season 2 finals, our next one is on the same day as Korea season 3 finals.

Yoshichan

in that case can hydras be hatchery tier?
Wouldn't make me mad, they're still expensive as fuck so I don't think it would be a good route to go with in any match up.

Top Bottom