• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Tried zerg. Anti air is abbysmal. Never again
Coming from BW, this is the first time you've played and/or even seen SC2?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What if they're returned to BW prices?
1 supply, 75/25 hydras would probably kill the entire game, all match-ups :lol
Watched some pro games
Gotcha! Static anti-air has been heavily buffed for zerg in HotS as well (spore crawlers needed evolution chambers previously, and the spores now deal a SHIT done damage against biological units). I agree that the corrupter is true garbage though... quite possibly the most boring unit in the entire game.

kasane

1 supply, 75/25 hydras would probably kill the entire game, all match-ups :lol

Gotcha! Static anti-air has been heavily buffed for zerg in HotS as well (spore crawlers needed evolution chambers previously, and the spores now deal a SHIT done damage against biological units). I agree that the corrupter is true garbage though... quite possibly the most boring unit in the entire game.

I actually main terran :D. I have been wanting to switch to zerg but i got owned during my first try

Yoshichan

I actually main terran :D. I have been wanting to switch to zerg but i got owned during my first try
Yeah I think that's gonna be the case with every race, unless you get matched up against someone who just started playing as well! You should just play the race that you feel is themost FUN. That way you'll keep playing and improving from there. All the races are good.

kasane

Yeah I think that's gonna be the case with every race, unless you get matched up against someone who just started playing as well! You should just play the race that you feel is themost FUN. That way you'll keep playing and improving from there. All the races are good.

Well im starting to get a hang of SC2 terran. Im afraid of i get used to it i wont try zerg anymore :lol

BW terran feel
most like sc2 protoss apparently

Well BW terran owned pro leagues for a decade.

Yoshichan

No race in BW feels or plays the same in SC2, so :/... but yeah I think Flash said something about SC2 toss being kinda like BW terran.
Well im starting to get a hang of SC2 terran. Im afraid of i get used to it i wont try zerg anymore :lol
Sure! Start with one race and when you're bored/frustrated, you could always try the other two races.

Some guy just raged out when i beat him, kept asking me over and over what the counter to infestors are. Kinda frustrating for me as in the entirety of WOL i never built infestors, i only started building them now because they're underused.

Zen

Banned
Changes to the balance test map

David Kim said:
Hi guys,

We'd like to tweak the changes on the current balance test map a little bit this week.

Instead of doing the Revelation range buff, we'd like to try a change where units that are hit by Revelation can't remove it by simply burrowing or cloaking. Burrowing or cloaking will still hide the unit, but unburrowing/uncloaking will reveal it again.

We'd also like to try a lesser version of the Widow Mine nerf. Right now, we feel just straight downgrading to the 1.25 range is too big of a nerf. Therefore, we'd like to try a change where widow mines don't do full damage. Units within the 1.25 radius will take 100% damage like we're testing right now. From 1.25 to 1.75, units will take 50% or 25% of the full damage. This way, the total splash radius is the same as is on live, but the actual damage output is still nerfed.

Edit to clarify:

Here's how we're intending the Widow Mine change to work:

Units inside a 1.25 radius take 100% damage. (40 damage)
From 1.25 to 1.5, units take 50%. (20 damage)
From 1.5 to 1.75, units take 25%. (10 damage)

The listed damage amounts are based on Sentinel Missile's splash damage amount, not the single target damage. Hope this clears things up.

Ah already posted :p

Well fine then, Blizzard has posted a Q&A talking about the issues with WCS that everyone brings up.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=432243

• What are Blizzard's current plans regarding a residency or citizenship restriction for WCS regions in 2014 (region locking)?
  • Has the past year made Blizzard reconsider WCS's position in the scene? Is the aim of WCS 2014 still to be the SC2 tournament above all other tournaments?
  • What are the primary goals for the WCS system in 2014?
With a lot more including broadcasting and support of lower level tournaments.

Which is why Corrupters need a huge buff.

As long as it doesn't bring back Broodfestor as the ultimate endgame!

17wi7_ZS.gif

Faints*

Yoshichan

I played WoL a couple of weeks ago... against a zerg. I got fucked by Broodfesters...

Cursed that game and went back to HotS - proceeded on to get owned by ling/bling/muta > gg

Yoshichan

T__________T EJ! COME BACK!

Zen

Banned
Eh I routinely talk with GM and high masters and the comments I see here (toss being BS [from toss players no less], problems with X composition) aren't any different. This will always be more general than a chat or skype call, but that's its strength.

Yoshichan

protoss players are all a little off like that.
Panda, I want to play games with you ffs ._. Why can I play with so many other Canadians but not with you?

Yoshichan

Wait, I don't even remember when this happened! Do I even have you on my friendslist?! I don't know which one I added, I have so many accounts ._.

Yoshichan

you did -_- we used to zvt together...
Jesus, why do I never see you online then :(? I don't think I have you on my friends list on my current account, so I'll have to add you again... PM me your info :3? I'll add you later today!

edit: Daily Destiny manner :D

87EpCT3.png

Yoshichan

Todays BW gif (and todays Reddit steal, of course):

17wi7ZS.gif

Yoshichan

also daily gif repost from a couple post up
What?! I'm scanning the shit out of the last couple of pages and this gif isn't found anywhere...

Yoshichan

Oh... terrans don't have observers, we can't see shit when they're invisible :(

POyKU87.png

Yoshichan

I would do anything for Blizzard to implement some sort of end-game after leveling to 90... at least so that the casuals have something else they can do. Experience points is absolutely worthless once you've 30/30/30'd everything...

If you'd be able to buy portraits, voices, skins and whatnot, that would add a ton more replay-ability. Hey, Blizzard's still got Legacy of the Void to implement something like this, but I dunno if they're ever gonna do something like this :(

-

Yoshichan

GGs, profit!! Silver my ass.

Syf

Banned
Welp, looks like we're almost certainly going to have 16 Koreans at blizzcon.
And very likely a Korean sweep (+1 Chinese) of the WCS "America" Ro8 this weekend. I don't mind the world championship being all Koreans because they are the best players, but I really wish Blizz would do something about the regions. Sucks when there's no American players to cheer for at the American championships.

Yoshichan

I find those mid-pushes super hard to defend when I have a bio army going up against mech. Fuck tanks, widows and vikings for vision.

Lategame colossus is the worst. Storms are good if you can just dodge but dammit if Archon Colossus is so freaking annoying to deal with. Either too many Vikings or too many ghosts.

And very likely a Korean sweep (+1 Chinese) of the WCS "America" Ro8 this weekend. I don't mind the world championship being all Koreans because they are the best players, but I really wish Blizz would do something about the regions. Sucks when there's no American players to cheer for at the American championships.

I do mind. We already had a tournament that had the best players in the world, it was called GSL and we didn't have to wait all year to see it. If anything the world championship finals is just a lower quality version of the GSL, it's all Koreans just with lots of weaker ones who get through the weaker foreign WCS's.

The first WCS was SO much more interesting because of how it showcased each region (even if the lack of terrans ended up hurting the tournament).

It sucks because WCS clogs up the whole scene and starves out the other tournaments where we actually get to see some foreigners play.

The amazing part is that despite all this Korean domination WCS has been the worst thing to happen to the Korean scene in a long time. Less prize money and less tournament opportunities to play in which sucks for players and sponsors. This whole GSL and OSL sharing a tournament is just such absolute stupidity and i'm surprised both of them haven't pulled out of SC2 all together.

Top Bottom