• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WOOOOOOOOOW :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You're supposed to take my side, V!

Yoshichan

Fanboi is on a roll today :lol

Do you do this in every thread or just around these parts?!

SamuraiX-

So the winner of BlizzCon will take the last spot at Red Bull Battle Grounds NYC. There's a 50% chance that it'll be a Terran and 30% chance that it'll be a Protoss, which is good considering the player lineup is really lacking for those races.

sLW8XjH.png

So the winner of BlizzCon will take the last spot at Red Bull Battle Grounds NYC. There's a 50% chance that it'll be a Terran and 30% chance that it'll be a Protoss, which is good considering the player lineup is really lacking for those races.

sLW8XjH.png

Samurai if Zerg wins at Blizzcon I will blame you for that 20%. ;b

Zen

Banned
It was funny to hear him say that he usually doesn't do well if he loses early in a series, when he's basically known as the almost comeback kid.

Map order for the Bo5
1. Polar Night LE
2. Bel'Shir Vestige LE
3. Yeonsu LE
4. Derelict Watcher TE
5. Frost LE

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Fly on, little duck. ;_;

Yeah, these "Road to BlizzCon" writeups from TL have been awesome to read. As if there wasn't enough hype as it is.

Also, I decided to check Stephano's Twitter for some reason.

cKkGlTb.png
You must have missed the last epsiode of META then. That was fun.

SamuraiX-

ThisIsGame Interviews the Six WCS Korea Representatives Competing at BlizzCon

"Any player, any race, doesn't matter. I'm confident about everything"
– Maru
"I don't have much time left as a pro-gamer, I'm going to finish this year with a glorious victory"
– Bomber
"Being #1 in the WCS points doesn't matter. The goal is to win the Global Finals."
– Soulkey
"Opportunity has come again, and I want the victory too"
– sOs
"My determination and confidence sets me apart from the others. I will be the first player in WCS history to win 3 events in a row."
– Dear
"I will return to the Global Finals as the force that I was at the Season 1 Finals"
– INnoVation

You must have missed the last epsiode of META then. That was fun.

Episode 20? Yeah, I gotta go check that one out.

Yoshichan

I love nerd quotes <3!

Zen

Banned
Fly on, little duck. ;_;

Yeah, these "Road to BlizzCon" writeups from TL have been awesome to read. As if there wasn't enough hype as it is.

Also, I decided to check Stephano's Twitter for some reason.

cKkGlTb.png

Naniwa replies that he'd have to 'lower myself to ever set foot in your dirty filthy country first'.

Seriously watch that Episode of Meta. You will not regret it.

ThisIsGame Interviews the Six WCS Korea Representatives Competing at BlizzCon

"Any player, any race, doesn't matter. I'm confident about everything"
– Maru
"I don't have much time left as a pro-gamer, I'm going to finish this year with a glorious victory"
– Bomber
"Being #1 in the WCS points doesn't matter. The goal is to win the Global Finals."
– Soulkey
"Opportunity has come again, and I want the victory too"
– sOs
"My determination and confidence sets me apart from the others. I will be the first player in WCS history to win 3 events in a row."
– Dear
"I will return to the Global Finals as the force that I was at the Season 1 Finals"
– INnoVation

Episode 20? Yeah, I gotta go check that one out.

Chills up my spine guys! So HYPED!

SamuraiX-

EXCLUSIVE: NaNiwa Speaks Ahead of the Most Unlikely Match of 2013

Blizzard: What are your thoughts on the tiebreaker procedure itself?

NaNiwa: I had to fly 25 hours just to play a tiebreaker? If you lose this match then you have to go home another 25 hours and you don’t get anything. I think it would be even better being online on a US server. But it is also good that it’s offline and there are equal conditions so that’s pretty good.

Blizzard: What went through your mind when you saw Oz and soO come up short in the Season 3 Finals, clearing the way for this opportunity you have now?

NaNiwa: Obviously this is still a very lucky chance for me. There were many times when I could’ve been knocked out and not even have gotten this chance. So I am grateful. There are always better things you can do about it but it’s still very nice.

Blizzard: How are you preparing for Revival?

NaNiwa: Zerg players, they always have some of their own things. Some of them are more aggressive. Some of them are more defensive and they all have their own style. It’s really hard to prepare for one Zerg, so I’m just trying to practice with a lot of Zergs so I don’t get surprised by what he’s going to do. I’m mostly practicing on my own stuff which I know I can change when I need to.

Blizzard: You don’t know what’s going to happen after your playoff game, so how did you pack for this trip?

NaNiwa: Like any other event. Lots of clothes and that’s about it (laughs). If I manage to make it to BlizzCon I will go out shopping on one of the days (off). I’m not really thinking about that, though. I just want to play my best and regardless of how it goes, I can accept it.

A part of me feels that Blizz wanted extra viewers and payed off Revival... But I don't want to downplay Nani's play which was amazing. Revival played well too. Just that Naniwa played way better.

We have our 16 players.

Gotta get that virtual ticket for Blizzcon.

SamuraiX-

VgpShrE.png

Gotta admit, NaNi's force fields were incredible sick but Revival helped him so much by reading the games wrong and not putting himself in the best position.

I don't think Soulkey will make those same mistakes but his series against Dear in the Season 3 finals did have quite a few facepalming moments.

Majine

Banned
"NaNiwaSC2: time to go eat with david kim. gonna have a nice talk about broodlord infestor ; )"

David Kim: This is why I don't eat with people!!!

Zen

Banned
Naniwa used Force-fields so well that it passed the event horizon through the looking glass from BS anti Micro mechanic to 'omg such skill'

Aaron

Naniwa used Force-fields so well that it passed the event horizon through the looking glass from BS anti Micro mechanic to 'omg such skill'
His block behind the hatch was inspired, but the rest was merely average for a pro protoss.

SamuraiX-

His block behind the hatch was inspired, but the rest was merely average for a pro protoss.

I don't know, from what I've seen lately it feels like a lot of Protoss pros have forgotten how to use force fields effectively.

Again, Revival just kind of threw units away in most cases but NaNiwa capitalized in the most efficient way possible and punished him to the fullest.

I do wonder how the burrow buff will change things.

If Blizzard doesn't tweak the current speed for the buff, burrowed Roaches will move as fast as Zealots (w/o Charge), Immortals and Colossi. It looked sorta broken in the few games that I watched.

With that many invites i feel like having qualifiers at all seems a bit silly. Having said that i can't wait for HSC as it always delivers. Rotterdam being awesome as always, he really fits in at HSC.

Ugh. I HATE Fri/Sat tournaments. I get home from business on Friday probably around 7pm. So hopefully I'll be able to catch some matches. Then on Saturday I'm going to video games live in Syracuse that's 2.5 hours away so I'll be missing the finals probably. It's @ 8pm est. UGH UGH UGH. Fri/Sat is DUMB.

Top Bottom