• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Ugh. I HATE Fri/Sat tournaments. I get home from business on Friday probably around 7pm. So hopefully I'll be able to catch some matches. Then on Saturday I'm going to video games live in Syracuse that's 2.5 hours away so I'll be missing the finals probably. It's @ 8pm est. UGH UGH UGH. Fri/Sat is DUMB.

sat/sun is the worst for aus!

means the entire final games will be on monday morning when i'm at work :(

so many tournaments where i've seen the shitty groups / rounds then missed the entire top half of the tournament. sighs.

Aaron

Yeah, because of the scheduling I almost always miss the top four and the finals. It's hard to please the whole planet with this stuff.

Zen

Banned
My body is ready

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkIOvjaosOk

tumblr_lw675a2K1B1qa006vo1_500.png

SamuraiX-

^ Amazing video. Sadly, with Soulkey as his first opponent and either Bomber or MMA as his reward should he advance to the quarterfinals, I don't see NaNiwa making much noise at all this time around.

Now this sexy beast, on the other hand...

mqmjq1G.jpg

This could be his time if he's been practicing his ZvP and ZvT to death in the past few weeks. What sucks is that two of the three from Jaedong, Mvp and TaeJa will for sure be eliminated before the semifinals. That suuucks. :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
JD pointing at Diablo 3?

JD becoming pro at D3 CONFIRMED.

Slayerx

Only now found out about it but what the hell is patch 2.1? Couldn't find anything about it except that it's coming after Blizzcon....

SamuraiX-

Only now found out about it but what the hell is patch 2.1? Couldn't find anything about it except that it's coming after Blizzcon....

Public Test Realm Access is Coming Soon

Patch 2.1 is coming soon, and with it we're adding new features and making a number of improvements to StarCraft II. Whether you're a mapmaker, an eSports enthusiast, an Arcade hero, or just love playing StarCraft II, Patch 2.1 will have something that's right up your alley.

An in-game observer mode for tournaments that includes caster audio like in Dota 2 would be amazing.

Syf

Banned
Details on patch 2.1 should be given during the SC2 update panel at BlizzCon - Friday from 1:15 to 2:15 pm PDT.

SamuraiX-

Syf

Banned
Yea man. Even the Ro16 matches could be considered grand final match-ups at any other WCS event. So glad I have Friday off for a "study day" lol.

SamuraiX-

Yea man. Even the Ro16 matches could be considered grand final match-ups at any other WCS event. So glad I have Friday off for a "study day" lol.

Perfect. lol

My last class gets out at 11:50am... hoping to bolt straight home in time to catch the first match.

Wonder if they're gonna go in order from the top of the bracket to the bottom.

Soulkey vs NaNiwa, Bomber vs MMA, TaeJa vs Dear and Jaedong vs Mvp are definitely the four I do not want to miss in the Ro16.

Edit: Actually, here's the schedule:
ftHTzZ2.png

Bomber vs MMA is the first match!?! Damn, I definitely gotta get home. lol

Boken

Banned
yeah look at how overpowered zerg is

still treated like trash blizzard never buff i bet david kim is a terran player

Darn I'm gonna miss some of the matches. BTW Do you need a Blizzcon Virtual Ticket to watch the stream? I mean they pretty much already made the Prize Pool for SC2: HOTS back from sales already lol.

If I wasn't buying a PS4 I wouldn't mind paying $40 but with the holidays, I might just have to catch the VODs of these finals.

Syf

Banned
Darn I'm gonna miss some of the matches. BTW Do you need a Blizzcon Virtual Ticket to watch the stream?
I think you'll be able to watch all of the SC2 matches on Twitch, but you'll need a virtual ticket to watch the other BlizzCon stuff like the panels and contests.

Aaron

Also, Khaldor roid raging it up in Dota 2:
Yeah, MOBAs are more frustrating than SC2 since at least in Starcraft if you lose it's mostly your fault. In Dota 2, you could be having a perfect run, taking down towers and creaming enemies, but if your team messes up, it's all for nothing. It's a much better feeling to be the player who screwed things up for everyone than being the most successful hero on the board, but still losing because your team can't hold the base for five minutes without you.

I told them to ban Riki, but they said he was no problem. That invis dick had 21 kills by the end of the game! Ugh.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Time to get my dota2 gear together to wear for blizzcon

Darn I'm gonna miss some of the matches. BTW Do you need a Blizzcon Virtual Ticket to watch the stream? I mean they pretty much already made the Prize Pool for SC2: HOTS back from sales already lol.

If I wasn't buying a PS4 I wouldn't mind paying $40 but with the holidays, I might just have to catch the VODs of these finals.
Tourny is free but if you want the special features on blizz stream like rewind etc you need to pay.

Time to get my dota2 gear together to wear for blizzcon

Tourny is free but if you want the special features on blizz stream like rewind etc you need to pay.

Thanks guys! Good to know. I would love to get the avatars and special stuff but holding Blizzcon near the launch of 2 game consoles is not a good idea lol.

Aaron

Wards and dust, bro! :p
That's what they thought, but wards are immobile and once Riki hits six he's never in the same place long. If he gets a good start, which he did in this game, dust isn't going to matter because you're already dead. It's one extra major thing to worry about that could have been completely removed, but our captain wasted the ban on warlock, who is food until six and while he stomps through mid with his ult, in the late game his golems are worthless.

Our team actually won that game, but only because theirs fell apart by the end.

Cash Rules Everything Around Me: SK_MC - Road to Blizzcon #11
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=434589

These have been so good. It makes me wish that we had more coverage of this nature to really build narratives out of all throughout the year.

Everything was just too rushed this year. Hopefully with next year there will be a proper schedule in place and it will make room for more stuff like this.

Agree that the buildup to blizzcon has been fantastic. For as much 'game is dead' talk as there has been i'm as happy as ever to be a fan of SC2.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
has anyone else watched the korean variety show Genius?

it may have been mentioned in here but i didn't see it! it's all the rage in Ausgaf

season 1 stars Yellow! amongst other korean celebs / professionals with a guest appearance in one episode from
nada

season 2 airs soon staring
yellow + boxer

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That was fucking awesome! LOVED the LAGTV shoutout :D!

Zen

Banned
On the note of Destiny's stream being one of a kind, he and Desrow are now skyping with a professional cam stripper with all three of them are live on their own streams.

Everything from political debates to cam shows, sheesh.

Majine

Banned
Destiny (and Desrow) is on a call with a Camgirl. Apparently saving e-sports wasn't enough, he's broadening it!

I can't believe this is happening.

Zen

Banned
He'll be hitting 6k soon. Next months top 50 streamers compilation is going to have him crushing like a wrecking ball.

Well at least he's streaming SC2 even if a lot of those viewers aren't there for it :p. Would be cool if destiny actually ever managed to get decent and compete somewhere.

He's showing that you can still get decent stream numbers as well, you just have to be entertaining. Most SC2 players have given up on streaming and when they do stream they don't really commentate or try to make things entertaining. That might be ok for hardcore fans but not everyone else.

Blizzcon starting to get close, feeling hyped already. Shame i'll miss some of it due to night shift but still really hyped.

SamuraiX-

Alive is underrated and i'm not sure why he gets so much hate. I don't even really like him and i think that. If he missed out it would have just been revival getting his spot anyway, not really a big step up.

Having said that i do think it was unfair to give him that spot the way they did.

Revival's actually cool though.

aLive has no friends and his mother never wanted him.

But seriously, I'm generally just not a fan of aLive. What's been making me rag on him is that because he plays in WCS AM and through dumb luck he was able to make BlizzCon alongside seven legit amazing Terrans that he should never be standing shoulder to shoulder with.

Top Bottom