• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

3 hours left, get hype!

Revival's actually cool though.

aLive has no friends and his mother never wanted him.

Lol ok that got me.

But seriously, I'm generally just not a fan of aLive. What's been making me rag on him is that because he plays in WCS AM and through dumb luck he was able to make BlizzCon alongside seven legit amazing Terrans that he should never be standing shoulder to shoulder with.

Fair enough. That's kinda how i see revival as well though, he's one of the many Koreans who really rely on competing in events outside of Korea.

He's not alone either. Would MMA, MVP or even someone like polt have qualified if they were playing in Korea? If anything WCS AM is the second hardest region out of the 3. Playing in EU seems to be a much better place to be if you want to qualify easily.

He does stand out a little bit when looking at the players who qualified though. Though i also think duckdeok doesn't really belong amongst such high calibre players (watch him win the whole thing now lol).

SamuraiX-

Another Nanniwa hype video I will completely lose it if he makes it past round 1.
The start of the video is eh, it's the middle you want to listen to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=j_D2sgy8B3s

SICKEST NERD CHILLS

Sorry, Soulkey. Gotta root for NaNi now.

I've heard that song before too and I really love it. Where is it from again?

Fair enough. That's kinda how i see revival as well though, he's one of the many Koreans who really rely on competing in events outside of Korea.

He's not alone either. Would MMA, MVP or even someone like polt have qualified if they were playing in Korea? If anything WCS AM is the second hardest region out of the 3. Playing in EU seems to be a much better place to be if you want to qualify easily.

He does stand out a little bit when looking at the players who qualified though. Though i also think duckdeok doesn't really belong amongst such high calibre players (watch him win the whole thing now lol).

Fair enough, but I consider WCS EU to be much more competitive than WCS AM. Just if you subtract out all the Koreans in both those regions, the European pros completely dominate the American pros.

duckdeok gonna pull the upset to end all upsets.

We ain't ready. :p

Also:
P4Gf3Yr.jpg

:O

Bomber... dat hair

wat

/Wolf

YEAH! Do we have a Blizzcon SC2 finals thread or are we using the Blizzcon 2013 thread?

Edit: YEAH 15 Koreans and 1 White guy lol!

GO MARU!

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Aww, poor Alive. The casters are laughing at cheering for him.

Also, this mic feedback is awful.

peakish

Incontrol pulling the group from being a polite "well I think this" discussion to something really entertaining. I love that both him and ToD are there!

Zen

Banned
I thought we were gonna use the blizzcon thread? Lol

I can throw one together soon if nobody is working in one

I was making one by swiping from Reddit but whatever you make will be far and away superior. Make us proud in the tradition of Bish and his Mass Effect threads.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
BROOD WAR MUSIC IN SC2

NO NEED TO USE YOUR OWN BW PLAYLIST ANYMORE :D:D:D:D

Syf

Banned
Summary of the update panel:

Patch 2.1

-Clan event schedule coming
-Custom in-game decals
-Streamlining arcade UI so you choose a map and then apply a game type to it
-Level cap raised to 35
-New decals coming with level cap
-AFK hosts being removed automatically
-Remastered versions of SC & BW soundtracks available in SC2

Starter edition
-All races playable
-All arcade games available
-All custom games available

Balance

-Nerfing widow mines & buffing siege tanks
-Looking at swarm hosts, haven't finalized adjustment yet

Future focus
-Balance patch, swarm hosts, WCS 2014 maps, team maps
-Trying to add more windows of opportunity for attacks
-Trying to add more action
-More diversity of builds

WCS
-Want to address confusing structure
-Want to create realistic opportunities for foreigners
-Details almost finalized for 2014, to be announced after BlizzCon
-Not starting from scratch in 2014; looking to revise 2013 format and steadily evolve
-Qualifiers, challenger league and premier league will not take place at the same time. It will be a gradual step-up to premier.
-Significant number of qualifier spots will be given to players local to a region so foreigners have a shot, but they will still need to progress through the qualifier --> challenger --> premier system

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
-Level cap raised to 35
Awesome! More of these please!
-Nerfing widow mines & buffing siege tanks
More mine nerfs or are they talking about the current nerf?

Zen

Banned
I'd like to see them re-market the starter edition similar to how a full blown F2P thing is marketed with the campaign being paid etc and even a rebranding away from 'starter edition'. Just say SCII is going F2P and allow players to purchase the campaigns for the listed MSRP. They should have a StarCraft.com website the looks and operates exactly like League of Legends, for one sign up and play. No jumping through hopes or searching for it on the Blizzard website.

Starter edition
-All races playable
-All arcade games available
-All custom games available

This is great but they're doing it a disservice by keeping the 'starter edition' barely advertised and promoted.

Fingers crossed though, they said 'remastered'.

Seriously i'll be pissed if they wreck the old music. The only reason to really bring it back is for the fans of BW who want it back (that plus it's far superior to the SC2 soundtrack). There is no reason for them to make changes to it.

Yeah I'm assuming someone say the Q&A and can tell us the full context.

I'm not sure what more context there is. From what i can gather from that TL thread they asked about that video and his response was the one posted above.

It's such a strange attitude because these micro maneuvers are actually some of the easiest things for a casual spectator to understand.

Yoshichan

YES

BW MUSIC IS BACK FUCK YEAH

Syf

Banned
Man I'm actually kinda bummed that WCS is over until next year. I've gotten used to having casted matches to watch during the week, and all this build-up to BlizzCon has been great to follow.

SamuraiX-

Man I'm actually kinda bummed that WCS is over until next year. I've gotten used to having casted matches to watch during the week, and all this build-up to BlizzCon has been great to follow.

Luckily the rest of November is still STACKED with tournaments and the new Proleague season should be kicking off in early December.

hbd9weI.png

Screw toss but anyways Blizzard give us 2.1 along with the tank buff and WM Nerf. Can't wait to crush Zergs that think going mass Muta is gonna work. Wait till you have 3 tanks at your natural! Also toss, Mech is coming, be very afraid!

Syf

Banned
Luckily the rest of November is still STACKED with tournaments and the new Proleague season should be kicking off in early December.
Nice line-ups for some of those. Didn't realize Bomber is the only Terran at Red Bull though, lol. I'm really interested in seeing how INnoVation does at these tournaments. Got the sense he would have done very well at BlizzCon if Ducky hadn't all-in'd him into oblivion.

And yeah, patch 2.1 will hopefully be a breath of fresh air for the meta. I want to see mech outside of TvT again. The toss builds right now are for the most part boring to watch in my opinion. I'd stop before saying they're truly OP but I think one of the biggest problems with that race as far as viewership goes is the early game. They have strong weapons against early pressure with the MSC and photon overcharge. When there's potential for damage from the other races early on, toss just pops PO and the pressure disappears for the duration (which feels way too long). Boring. I think a nerf to either the duration or range of PO would help a lot.

SamuraiX-

svYoApM.png

How can you now love this guy? Seriously.

<3

The toss builds right now are for the most part boring to watch in my opinion. I'd stop before saying they're truly OP but I think one of the biggest problems with that race as far as viewership goes is the early game. They have strong weapons against early pressure with the MSC and photon overcharge. When there's potential for damage from the other races early on, toss just pops PO and the pressure disappears for the duration (which feels way too long). Boring. I think a nerf to either the duration or range of PO would help a lot.

The dumbest thing about it is that if the MSC is out early enough, they'll have enough energy to pop two consecutive POs. That's just fucking stupid.

The energy required for PO needs to upped to 125 or 150.

Top Bottom