• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

It's probably the autistic side of me but I feel like Blizz should add a bunch of random upgrades that would probably rarely get taken by pros but would be fun to mess with. Since the Armory is now down to two upgrades I would add a 3rd that increases the repair speed of SCV's by around 20%. I think the Forge and Evolution Chambers could use a few random upgrades like the Engineering Bay has. For the Forge I'd add an upgrade that increases the recharge speed of shields on buildings by 25% and one that reduces the time between attacks from photon cannons by 0.25 seconds. For Zerg I'd add an upgrade that that increases the damage vs all for Spore Crawlers by 3 and one for Spine Crawlers that increases damage vs all by 3 and vs armored by 5. I'd also add an upgrade to hatcheries that increases the transfuse heal from Queens by 25 (requires Lair).

This all probably sounds extremely retarded.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
ALL HE WANTED WAS A HIGH FIVE!!!

WjesfJ5.jpg

omg, the lols

Zen

Banned
I haven't noticed the Widow Mine nerf yet but I've only played TvP so far with proxy mines. So under those circumstances there's no real difference anyway.

Protoss continuing to be the scumbag race of SC!

jk

Well they kinda are

You are way too unhealthy a level of confirmation bias for me.

Keep posting

Good for Viking and Hellbat compositions. Maybe Mech can really happen lol.

Making even more sense to mix in helbats in TvP now.

Also Mech is going to be the go to composition in TvT now, it might even make BC transition a regular thing.
Both upgrades being combined could end up being op in the long run.

SamuraiX-

Man, what ever happened to Grand Lagoon?

5fiFJKX.jpg

Such an awesome map yet it vanished from competitive play seemingly overnight.

Meanwhile, we've been stuck with Bel'Shir fucking Vestige for over a year now. -__________-

Zen

Banned
What was that map that had the two golds in the top left and bottom right where the entire meta game revolved around ninja expanding? I miss that map.

Did anyone play with the 2.7 speed buff for tanks? How much of a difference could it really make? And how much could a 0.1 increase really make?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
2.8 instead of 2.7 because tanks would become too strong. Clearly.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fucking amazing pics man.

Yoshichan

I represented SC2 in the Blizzcon thread :(

Damn it, I was not worthless!! :,(

Well guys, 3 gate Stalker+Oracle allin is now a thing. First they use the oracles to scout and then kill some workers and then pump out Stalkers like a madman.

The time you aren't mining hurts so much. Sure if you hold if off you are golden. But its a strain on the resources and if you were teching to starport... forget it!

I don't think Roaches affect the TvZ matchup much but man Turrets aren't enough anymore vs Mutas. Always losing to mass 25+ Mutas where I can't harass and then lose to the Ultra switch. Really need new strats ASAP!

Yoshichan

Dissing YT till they fix the comments section.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I guess you can post links in there now so tons of people post viruses etc...joy.

Reading up on some big youtubers disabling comments now.

Yoshichan

Yeah don't click on ANY link from Youtube. I got a screamer that fucking killed me (had the highest volume).

Well guys, 3 gate Stalker+Oracle allin is now a thing. First they use the oracles to scout and then kill some workers and then pump out Stalkers like a madman.

The time you aren't mining hurts so much. Sure if you hold if off you are golden. But its a strain on the resources and if you were teching to starport... forget it!

I don't think Roaches affect the TvZ matchup much but man Turrets aren't enough anymore vs Mutas. Always losing to mass 25+ Mutas where I can't harass and then lose to the Ultra switch. Really need new strats ASAP!

Oracle/3gate will probably be more common now. For TvZ it's all about keeping Zerg on 3 bases. If you keep Zerg on 3 bases then they can't afford enough gas for Muta's and Banelings for defense. I know it's really risky but I'm surprised more Terran don't try to snipe Spire's. They aren't cheap and take a long time to build.

Zen

Banned
The new super large map feels impossible TvZ. You have to expand like a mad man on it because of how long all the walk distances are.

Yoshichan

Every map since HotS has felt impossible as a terran.

Yeah I said it.

Zen

Banned
Good god this mine nerf is ridiculous and un-needed, TvZ winrates had already evened out and the buff to tanks is worthless in TvZ by comparison.

Yoshichan

Tanks needs to become 2 supply to become viable.

Quote me when LotV comes out.

J2d

Fuck blizzard and their shitty 4v4 maps, there isn't a single great map left, piece of shit dev I hope they get bought by EA and suffer.

Yoshichan

Sounds good to me, I could have skipped every 4v4 map after the initial hots release to be honest.
$10 every season to keep the old maps.

SamuraiX-

The new super large map feels impossible TvZ. You have to expand like a mad man on it because of how long all the walk distances are.

I haven't played on it, but just from watching some games it looked freaking enormous.

Alterzim Stronghold map size is 192x192.

For reference, sizes of some of the most recent large maps:
Star Station: 180x152
Whirlwind: 160x160
Red City: 160x160
Frost: 158x162
Derelict Watcher: 148x145

Yeah, WAY too big. That map is gonna turn into base trades galore where Protoss always wins since they can easily do critical damage in the undefended base of their opponent and then just Mass Recall to save their own base.

zargle

At the risk of bringing down the anti-protoss wrath, can someone remind me of a way to deal with roach rushes? Lost to it multiple times now with forge expand, gateway expand, and I think stargate once. Just annoying and Im not sure what to do besides build a bunch more cannons earlier.

If the answer is just scout it earlier, well then fuck me, and also how do i get better at scouting earlier?

zargle

And having great success with it. That -0.2 second delay on Siege Tank fire really does make a difference in some situations.

The terrans Ive played today have kept trying to bring out tanks. I laugh at them while my 3-3-1 chargleot archon sidle up to their 0-1 tanks.

Silver league is fun.

But roach rush help?

Zen

Banned
So what marine siege tank? it feels like bio upgrades don';t matter as much anymore tvt

EDIT: i hate this patch.

Syf

Banned
So Bomber just talked about the patch on stream. Said that TvZ is good now but TvP is bad and the oracle is imba.

Zen

Banned
The terrans Ive played today have kept trying to bring out tanks. I laugh at them while my 3-3-1 chargleot archon sidle up to their 0-1 tanks.

Silver league is fun.

But roach rush help?

I'm not protoss D:

How many roaches are they hitting with and when?

kasane

Silver league is fun.

But roach rush help?

A member of the scumbag race!!!

I'm kidding.

Prolly Blink stalkers and good forcefields

Edit: Im Terran so dont take my word for it

zargle

I'm not protoss D:

How many roaches are they hitting with and when?

I wanna say about 12? And this prolly answers my own problem, but usually its as im about to get my actual production going after expansion/beginning to saturate.

I prolly just need to scout it better/focus a touch more on getting a few more units out instead of economy.

Edit: And I just used my first oracles since the patch. Saw a terran taking the back expo on alterzim as they built their first rax. Couldn't resist sending a few oracles over.

At the risk of bringing down the anti-protoss wrath, can someone remind me of a way to deal with roach rushes? Lost to it multiple times now with forge expand, gateway expand, and I think stargate once. Just annoying and Im not sure what to do besides build a bunch more cannons earlier.

If the answer is just scout it earlier, well then fuck me, and also how do i get better at scouting earlier?

MSC, nexus cannon is all you need lol. A couple of Zealots to buffer. Maybe VR if you went SG first.

A large part of me is really annoyed about an important part in the patch note.

They nerfed widow mine AOE but they didn't give anything back to it. Such as letting it fire faster than once every 40 seconds or reducing the Muta Regen as they now take less splash damage. They didn't reduce the Oracle's health or attack speed even though it got a huge speed and acceleration boost. Oracles will hopefully be nerfed ASAP.

Sucky part is that Oracles have Envision which lets them see WMs and avoid them, so unless you have a Turret, good luck killing them.

Top Bottom