• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Zen

Banned
TvT feels so shitty now, everythign is 100% dependent on siege tank numbers, I didn't think that the speed buff would change it that much but my bio is beyond evaporating, it just straight up gets deleted by siege tanks. I guess a 0.2 reduction in attack cool down means that units being killed by a tank will then sometimes miss a volley or hit, reducing the total number of units and allowing armies to focus damage faster.

Maybe I need to spend more time with it.

zargle

TvT feels so shitty now, everythign is 100% dependent on siege tank numbers, I didn't think that the speed buff would change it that much but my bio is beyond evaporating, it just straight up gets deleted by siege tanks. I guess a 0.2 reduction in attack cool down means that units being killed by a tank will then sometimes miss a volley or hit, reducing the total number of units and allowing armies to focus damage faster.

Maybe I need to spend more time with it.

I think this is true of every patch.

SamuraiX-

With the combined ground + air weapons upgrade for mech, I think throwing 2-3 Banshees in the mix if you're going Marine-Tank/mech would work wonders against a Marine-Tank/meching opponent.

SamuraiX-

But then I would have to watch Day9 and that may have reached a point where that is too painful to do. I dunno, we'll see.

Blasphemy!

Day[9] has always been so fun to watch/listen to for me so it's always hard for me to understand when people don't like him. :p

SamuraiX-

Have you guys seen that team that startale legend is starting? Such a weird situation. Seems like it should just fail but it would be awesome if it didn't.

Never heard about it before.

OD7jaHf.jpg

Team Epic is recruiting new players.

Former gomtv global game director(observer) @Startale_Legend launches a new e-sports team.

After hot six cup, he will retire from his old job, and will be the owner and playing-head coach of the new team.

With the objective of participating 2014 WCS and GSTL, he contacted ESF and started a open recruitment.

Legend said: " Even the beginnings will seem humble, so prosperous will the team's future be. One step by one step it will be done. Also, through discovery of new faces, I want to make star players. "

The requirement for applying the recruitment is star-master, and whoever that can live in the teamhouse can apply to nclegend@honamail.net

1. name
2. age
3. ladder rank
4. thoughts as a gamer

ESF says: "We praise for Legend's new challenge, and we will help with our best to support the team through getting sponsorship, etc."

Best of luck to him. I really admire him for going through with this despite the current turmoil plaguing team leagues and SCII progaming teams in general.

Zen

Banned
The Tank buff has made engagements in TvT much more lop sided to whoever holds the advantage no matter how well you spread, games get decided much earlier. It looks like Mech WILL be the new meta game, the combined upgrades are just too good.This patch is complete horseshit and has ruined TvT. I can't accurately convey how much this patch has fucked the game up. TvT was perfect as is, and now it's like engaging with Protoss every-time each side clashes. You're ability to reduce the army size of a superior force when you know you have a superior econ is diminished and TVT are far more about brute force and being 2 dimensional.

It just sucks.

It's just no fun to play TvT with such high stakes, and the trend for bigger and bigger maps makes TvP even worse. I'm a high diamond player mired in platinum and dealing with admitted Korean master smurfs every time I log on to play. This isn't fun.

steve-carrel-death-stare.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Tanks still suck imo.

Zen

Banned
it only really effects the lower HP T units, Zerg can still swarm effectively. I do notice the difference against Roach Hydra though, but I don't know how many Zergs would really consider switching back to that composition.

zargle

Never heard about it before.

Best of luck to him. I really admire him for going through with this despite the current turmoil plaguing team leagues and SCII progaming teams in general.

Does anyone else remember the video series where he was trying to convince Startale's coach to let him play in team league and he got deeeeestroyyyyed by the other Startale main teamers? Good luck to him, I hope he has improved, and I hope he gets some interesting team members, some up and comers.

(Thanks to SamuraiX for the pic)

hbd9weI.png

And yes, 2014 for the return of WCS.

Don't forget proleague starting in december.

While I hate to see anyone lose their job, I thought these two were dull and found it hard to put up with their casting. Though I suspect MLG is done with SC2 for the immediate future.

I thought they were a good duo and had good chemistry together. It was nice to watch people casting with a real passion for the game and often times it felt like they were streaming games for the fun of it.

Honestly i think i enjoyed their casting more than most out there despite not liking them early on. I hope they get picked up somewhere.

Tuning in now. It really is fascinating just how fast they are at clicking and moving the mouse around just simple things. Honestly just watching him click his probes and minerals is a lot of fun. Makes you wonder how it's even possible, it's a little discouraging when you go to ladder yourself.

Deadman

Seems like stephano will play at homestory cup and dreamhack. sc2 alive gaem
Stephano ‏@EG_Stephano

1) Hmmm. I am excited because.....wait for it.....

2) because my mother is coming tomorrow to tell me a story as she used to do when.....wait for it....

3) .. When I came back home from school, a story over a cup of tea. Then 8pm comes, it's bedtime BUT dreamtime aswell.

Also this video outright says it, but thats way less cryptic and interesting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA7-dtimiFE

SamuraiX-

Just tuned in.

Love that Red Bull is doing this because Bomber doesn't stream nearly enough. <3

Seems like stephano will play at homestory cup and dreamhack. sc2 alive gaem

Also this video outright says it, but thats way less cryptic and interesting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA7-dtimiFE

Hell yeah!

He's been teasing about it and the guys who run HSC have been waiting until the last minute to announce the last player.

Definitely a sweet lineup and the potential player casters are amazing. Rotti, iNcontroL, MC and Stephano anyone? :p

Cool to see Stephano playing but i don't expect much. I agree about bomber would be awesome to see him stream more.

Edit: I understand his decision but i feel like he should have waited until the WCS finals before pulling the plug.

SamuraiX-

Cool to see Stephano playing but i don't expect much. I agree about bomber would be awesome to see him stream more.

Edit: I understand his decision but i feel like he should have waited until the WCS finals before pulling the plug.

Stephano? Yeah. I think the reasoning for that is because the natural university year usually starts in the Fall and WCS Season 2 came to an end right at the end of summer so that worked out the best for him.

I don't even care if he gets knocked out early, it'll be refreshing to see him again especially in such a chill tournament. :D

Edit: I fucking love Bomber. LOL

HfhlY3a.png

Hope you're watching, DK.

Stephano? Yeah. I think the reasoning for that is because the natural university year usually starts in the Fall and WCS Season 2 came to an end right at the end of summer so that worked out the best for him.

I don't even care if he gets knocked out early, it'll be refreshing to see him again especially in such a chill tournament. :D

Ah that makes sense, university for us starts at the beginning of the year. I agree that it will be fun to see him. He supposedly didn't train much before so maybe he could still be in decent shape.

Having seen the roach burrow buff in effect i feel like it will suit him perfectly.

kasane

Holy fuck.. First time seeing the oracle buff. wtf. i mean . wat. wat.

edit: made me fucking leave my chair get a sledgehammer get a taxi to blizz.
I'm kidding but you get the point

SamuraiX-

DAY[9] Daily #651 - WCS - sOs'S No Colossus PvT Style

sOs has traditionally struggled hard against the tip toppest of Terrans by using fairly fragile templar play early game. However, at the WCS Grand Finals, sOs blew everyone's mind with his crazy Stargate into templar play and emphasizing archons instead of storm! We're going to analyze how it's possible and what makes sOs so great! We'll see

• What the "normal rules" of PvT are
  • The broad concepts that sOs utilizes in place of those rules (more aggression, less expanding, more teching)
  • The ways that sOs opens to flow into his templar based play (stargate oracle harass w/ hallucination? WHOAH!)
  • How sOs controls the flow of the gameplay to eventually pull back into the "normal" PvT we know and love
WHAT A BADASS AMIRITE?

TvP is just some BS right now. Quitting SC2 for this season until its fixed by patch or strategy. At least TvZ has become more mine heavy to win vs Zerg as now you need about 10 vs the 5 before to win vs Muta,bling,ling.

kasane

TvP is just some BS right now. Quitting SC2 for this season until its fixed by patch or strategy. At least TvZ has become more mine heavy to win vs Zerg as now you need about 10 vs the 5 before to win vs Muta,bling,ling.

I scouted a stargate put up an ebay and turrent guess what the oracle did, danced around my mineral line and fucked my scvs

Boken

Banned

why quit until its fixed? clearly blizzard doesnt know how to handle their own game

quit FOREVER

why quit until its fixed? clearly blizzard doesnt know how to handle their own game

quit FOREVER

I really don't want to complain and just play more till I figure it out. Less QQ and more Pew Pew as they say. But when you have a 0% win ratio vs Protoss and none of your strategies are working, its simply time to quit until someone figures something out.

I love SC2 too much to quit completely, but this system of not being able to harass Protoss or just lose in engagements thanks to Protoss harassment back at home or early game is seriously depressing.

Like to beat an average Gold Protoss that went Oracle first. You need to make sure it doesn't stop you from mining and at most kills 1-3 SCVs and maybe 2 marines. If it kills more than 4 Marines you are pretty much dead as you cannot harass at the 10 minute timing anymore. That and Nexus cannon making Widow Mine drops/drops in general kinda useless.

I harass his natural/main with a drop, he throws down a Nexus cannon, the thing kills my Medivac due to insane range as I try to escape.

In current TvP you pretty much to need to play Maru style with heavy drops and catch the toss off guard after surviving the early game from allins or aggression.

Sniping the MSC is becoming essential as Time Warp will destroy your army's concave advantage and give Storms and Colossus even more time to work with.

Late game is still a joke especially after going 4 bases.

Thanks for listening to my rant guys. :(

Maybe I'm being unfair because I lost so much to protoss, but I seriously don't know what to do and its frustrating me so much that I have to take a break.

SamuraiX-

Cool article about Life, Bomber and the StarTale house.

Game Boys: The Crazy Lives of eSport Athletes

A typical training day in the StarTale house begins at 11 a.m.; the team plays until 3 p.m. and takes a one-hour break for eating and exercise. Then there is a second training set of four hours, with another one-hour dinner break at 8 p.m. The team then plays from 9 p.m. until &#8232;3 a.m., when it’s time to go to bed. Lee’s schedule is a little bit different because he is still in school; he attends classes &#8232;in Seoul three times a week, where he is in the equivalent of 10th grade. “It’s a specialized high school for video game players,” he says. “They are OK if I just go to four classes in the morning, and they support us. It really surprised me. &#8232;If I have a game, I don’t have to go &#8232;to school.”
Seung "Life" Hyun Lee’s irritation takes the form of a wrenching low simmer. He can’t eat. He didn’t get much sleep. He sits at a café in the hip Samseong-dong district of Seoul and just watches his sundae melt, chunks of kiwi floating in vanilla ice cream.

"I think one of the reasons we failed is that I was desperate to win the game."

Lee’s loss the previous night was also a loss for Choi (Bomber), as it happened as part of a team tournament; StarTale was obliterated by their competitor AxiomAcer in the Global StarCraft II Team League—a humiliating defeat known as an “All-Kill,” where one player on the opposing team sweeps four players in succession. “We did research, as always, but I didn’t expect the way they would play,” Lee says. “If we were prepared for that, we could have blocked them. But we didn’t.”

Choi was so dejected that at 3 a.m. he consulted a psychic operating out of a storefront in Hongdae, a bar area popular with college students. “He said things are looking good for me,” Choi tells Lee the next day as they take a hike through Seonjeongneung Park, a respite of green amid Seoul’s skyscrapers. “He said life would take a peak in September, and &#8232;then another one in December, when I &#8232;get a girlfriend.” Lee, still irritated by the loss, isn’t having it. “You know they just tell you what you want to hear because you’re paying them, right?” he asks. “Yes, I know that,” Choi scowls.

LOL Life being all serious while Bomber is so chill.

Its really too bad that Prime isn't in ESF anymore. Would have loved to see Maru vs Life again. 2 youngest players playing each other!

Zen

Banned
I think that Episode of Meta probably motivated him to dip his toe in the water again.

I expected Naniwa to shit on him, but Artosis (tacitly) and Ret both outright agreeing with Naniwa, and Bunny staying silent... Damn.

Top Bottom