• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

SamuraiX-

GomTV Presents 2013 HOT6ix CUP Last Big Match

Dear GOMTV.net users,

The 2013 HOT6ix CUP Last Big Match is here! Best players from the Korean SC2 tournaments which were held in 2013 will participate in HOT6ix CUP and only one will be left standing in this fierce battle. In addition, Best Player Award, Best Match Award, and Best Rookie Player Award will be given at the Grand Finals venue.

ZkULEfu.png

Bomber and Rain?

megusta

Holden

What does it say for him?

On thursday __ dreamhack open ___ Jönköping ( city?).A tournament in europe in ___ star craft 2. Here is [the winner] (??) from ___ tournament (?) in bukarest in september

i need to start learning swedish again.

edit:
using google translate

on thursday goes dreamhack open held in jönköping. a tournament in europe in the strategy game starcraft 2. Here is the winner from the last tournament in bukarest in september.

CLOSE ENOUGH.

Son1x

I see "TaeJa" in it, so are they asking for the real name?

Thats pretty hardcore. I have no idea what his name is. Even my friends that know a lot of Korean players' names don't know his.

SamuraiX-

Scarlett vs bomber was just wow.

i wish league had games like that.

Day[9] will be doing an analysis of Game 3 for tonight's Daily. :)

This game is friggin insane. The best game I've ever seen. Ever. By a considerable margin. And we're going to analyze it! In this game we're going to see

• How openings and considerations change in ZvT with a gold expansion on the map.
  • Why Scarlett's speedling before expo build was a great choice for this map and how she recovered after it failed.
  • The positioning of Scarlett's units to continually delay Bomber's attacks.
  • How Scarlett reshaped her midgame after falling considerably behind.

SamuraiX-

Haven't seen a Day9 daily in so long, but is he seriously green screening himself in his own room? I was watching this and I noticed it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxuCPICp4p4

Why does he do this?

From what I understand, he normally lives in the Los Angeles area but recently he's staying with his friend up in San Francisco because of the game he's developing. I guess the rest of his team are located in that area.

He mentioned he does it because he like continuity and he just likes his room. :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So 9th December marks one year work at my job. Today, I got to know what my present for being so dedicated will be.

Me being fired.

Oh, joy.

Zen

Banned
Sorry dude :(

Haven't seen a Day9 daily in so long, but is he seriously green screening himself in his own room? I was watching this and I noticed it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxuCPICp4p4

Why does he do this?

He uses it when he's not at home. It was hilarious when he forgot to tell people that he was away from home, and had started down it.

Someone during a daily said that his room looked fake, and he responded:

'My room looks fake? Screw you, IT IS FAKE!'

And popped the green screen up, everyone's minds started melting and then he realized he never told any of his viewers about it and he had been up there for months.

fanboi

Banned
So guys, I had nice plans for this X-mas with me being with my girl doing all sort of (kinky) stuff.

Now her god damn son got himself fired and is going to be home more...

So 9th December marks one year work at my job. Today, I got to know what my present for being so dedicated will be.

Me being fired.

Oh, joy.

Damn that sucks man. Hope things work out well for you.

So guys, I had nice plans for this X-mas with me being with my girl doing all sort of (kinky) stuff.

Haha the 'i fucked your mum' jokes have been way overused and completely unfunny but this was actually well done.

SamuraiX-

Me being fired.

Oh, joy.

That sucks hard, man. It feels like there's no loyalty anymore even when you bust your ass. :(

I'm sure you'll find another place that appreciates you in no time!

oh my god lol

kasane

Sorry dude :(

He uses it when he's not at home. It was hilarious when he forgot to tell people that he was away from home, and had started down it.

Someone during a daily said that his room looked fake, and he responded:

'My room looks fake? Screw you, IT IS FAKE!'

And popped the green screen up, everyone's minds started melting and then he realized he never told any of his viewers about it and he had been up there for months.

I noticed because of the pixels. :lol

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
ahhh I'm not really on top of the esports scene in korea these days outside of SC2, I know GSL dates havent been announced yet.. but is there looking like there will be any esports events worth attending in korea? i'll be there from march 17th to 30th.

really hope some GSL games occur in that time or I may cry.

Boken

Banned
going to korea late jan

im gonna try to catch the ogn finals :) but i have no idea how thatll work, i cant find anything about it and the ogn website wont even load

SamuraiX-

ahhh I'm not really on top of the esports scene in korea these days outside of SC2, I know GSL dates havent been announced yet.. but is there looking like there will be any esports events worth attending in korea? i'll be there from march 17th to 30th.

If you're lucky you might be able to catch the GSL Season 1 Playoffs/Finals... if you're unlucky that might be the period where the S1 finals just ended and Season 2 hasn't started yet. :(

Also, an interesting article on TeamLiquid: Four Minutes to Midnight

The clock is ticking. Not just to the end of 2013, but to annihilation.

Throughout a long and hectic year where HotS and WCS re-ordered the entire scene, and many of our favorite teams and players were swept away on waves of retirement, one overarching thread has gone largely unnoticed: Korea has won every single Premier event in 2013. Each and every one of the MLG, DreamHack, ASUS ROG, HomeStory, IEM and WCS trophies have been taken by players hailing from the Mecca of competitive StarCraft.

The last remaining hope lies in these foreigners:

IEM Singapore: Happy, Blysk, Feast, Has, SaSe, Grubby, PiG, Revenant, TargA, Scarlett, XiGua

DreamHack Winter: LucifroN, SjoW, NaNiwa, Goswser, TLO

WCG 2013: Babysky, BRAT_OK, Dayshi, demigod, nicholas, Socke, Timber, Xenocider, Albion, BlinG, Capoch, desRow, enjiin, HasuObs, Jim, MacSed, BLord, Cham, Clannad, Dust, Hendralisk, Ian, LiveZerg, Sen, Suppy

ASUS ROG NorthCon: LucifroN, elfi, HasuObs, Socke, Welmu, Nerchio, Scarlett, VortiX

Scarlett has a chance to make some noise at IEM or ROG... HasuObs just lost to a Chinese player at WCG... No way is NaNiwa cracking the Top 4 at DreamHack... Things are looking grim.

peakish

Proleague might be running, probably more fun as a live event than regular GSL!

I had considered trying to combine IEM Singapore with one of them but WCG and DH had so many other games that I couldn't just not include and they were looking cluttered enough as it was. lol

Hadn't really thought about that, SC2 is the only important game :p.

Proleague might be running, probably more fun as a live event than regular GSL!

Definitely, at proleague you can have all the seats to yourself.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thanks guys!

Heading to DH Winter in a couple of hours. Anyone wanna meet up?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
IEM, Dreamhack, and WCG at the same time?

...lol

yeah it's a bit insane.

looking over hte lineups,
Dreamhack is the now,
IEM is for me (2012/2011)
WCG is lol.

also, thanks for your post s about korea.. im hoping hte GSL final lines up with me being there.. that would be amazing. like i would cry a little in happiness.

Top Bottom