• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Seems like IEM is going to get buried again by dreamhack. I know there are reasons for it but it really seems to hurt them when they are on at the same time even when the timezone is different.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Cant sleep

Fuck sleeping

Hotel breakfast then continue the search for DAT DONG

That was a fun match to watch. Mech play always feels so refreshing these days.

I know this will sound wrong but i still feel like if the zerg plays properly mech won't work out well. That last game curious had it in the bag but just fucked up. I also don't really like that style of mech all that much. Basically just max out allin and hope for the best. MMMM is more exciting than that even if it's always the same. That's not how mech should have to play.

Maybe once more players start using mech we will see things change.

Edit: That sounded too negative. I do love mech and it's great to see i just hope it doesn't just end up going back to that style all the time.

Syf

Banned
I agree with you man. I found it fun to watch because I rarely ever see mech play, but that particular style of it wasn't great. And yeah, mech is still really vulnerable against a good zerg. Especially with good blinding cloud use.

I agree with you man. I found it fun to watch because I rarely ever see mech play, but that particular style of it wasn't great. And yeah, mech is still really vulnerable against a good zerg. Especially with good blinding cloud use.

I feel that Ghosts being so expensive is a large part of that. Otherwise snipe and EMP those Vipers. If Ghosts had their HP reduced to 80 and cost 150/100 instead of the 200/100 they do now, it would be much better for both matchups. Cut down their build time to 35/30 as well. Makes Protoss more manageable when they go Zealot/HT/Archon.

Might be a bit too OP though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

NeoGAF
Take a condom and shut up!
tLSX0dM.jpg

Yoshichan

Spent an hour playing a shit moba game called Strife cuz the dude at the counter told me I'd get a cool looking doll for participating.

After an hour of pain in my shoulders and neck, the game ends and I head over to the dude. He tells me they can't give out any more free dolls.

So I calmly tell him that he told me otherwise, and that it's a pity that I won't be getting one after have spent so much on it.

He sighs, heads over to the doll, grabs it and gives it to me. As he hands it over, he tells me "for future reference, being aggressive never helps."

I thank him but honestly I wanted to show him my true rage by throwing the doll at his face and chew on his nose. If he fucking knew who he was dealing with.

Sibylus

Banned
Scarlett never seems to have reached her potential, it always feels like we barely see her at all despite the fact that she's easily as good as many of the better Koreans. Has her team mismanaged her or something?
Afaik she's been really struggling getting motivated about the game in general, talk about wanting to win an event before retiring ;(

Not sure if there's not many of them or I have bad timing but in around 10 hours of watching I've barely seen any Terran's play when I've been watching Dreamhack and IEM. I've seen Mvp play twice vs Zerg and Taeja vs Life, and that's it. Been wanting to watch TvP to see how Terran deal with Oracles now but no TvP's have been on whenever I've been watching.

Zen

Banned
Spent an hour playing a shit moba game called Strife cuz the dude at the counter told me I'd get a cool looking doll for participating.

After an hour of pain in my shoulders and neck, the game ends and I head over to the dude. He tells me they can't give out any more free dolls.

So I calmly tell him that he told me otherwise, and that it's a pity that I won't be getting one after have spent so much on it.

He sighs, heads over to the doll, grabs it and gives it to me. As he hands it over, he tells me "for future reference, being aggressive never helps."

I thank him but honestly I wanted to show him my true rage by throwing the doll at his face and chew on his nose. If he fucking knew who he was dealing with.

O_O

Not sure if there's not many of them or I have bad timing but in around 10 hours of watching I've barely seen any Terran's play when I've been watching Dreamhack and IEM. I've seen Mvp play twice vs Zerg and Taeja vs Life, and that's it. Been wanting to watch TvP to see how Terran deal with Oracles now but no TvP's have been on whenever I've been watching.

DH Winter Group stage is your best bet with Taeja taking out sOs and Innovation also taking out sOs. I think ForGG did as well but I'm not sure about that.

Also MVP played San or someone Protoss in IEM and lost 1-2. You could watch the VOD of that.

Yeah, forgot to mention the wrist strain. She took something like a month off for that?

Yep and as far as i can tell it hasn't really improved. She was talking about having to alternate mouse hands just to be able to practice. It's hard to see her sticking around especially playing a game like SC2 which requires so much effort from your hands.

Hi SC2GAF ... over the weekend I was live-updating the Red Bull Battlegrounds thread with some photos. I finally put up a blog on TL, with a link to the full galleries. Have a look!

TL blog: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=436939

Saturday Gallery: http://www.esfiworld.com/red-bull-battlegrounds-new-york-saturday-photo-gallery/
Sunday Gallery: http://www.esfiworld.com/red-bull-battlegrounds-new-york-sunday-photo-gallery/

Amazing job! They should hire you to do their photoshoots! GG man. Thanks for taking these awesome pictures.

Syf

Banned
Hi SC2GAF ... over the weekend I was live-updating the Red Bull Battlegrounds thread with some photos. I finally put up a blog on TL, with a link to the full galleries. Have a look!
Nicely done! Thanks again for all the pics last weekend.

Zen

Banned
I think I'm kind of done with SCII for now, there's no point in playing when ladder is so fucked up. This isn't fun, or how blizzard intended the system to work.

Zen

Banned
Give it a few weeks. Hopefully they patch out the MMR decay crap that going on.

I'm just resigned to playing team games and arcade for a while. You need a break from ladder every now and again anyway.

Yeah I honestly play team games and arcade a lot now because 1v1 has been accumulating cracks forever. It's just not worth it. When you see a plat player beat a GM and a masters and then lose to a silver player and still not get promoted to diamond, what use is a ranking system anyway, heck the amount of masters players stuck in gold due to smurfs is staggering.

I think I'm on a 20+ game losing streak atm. probably go from masters to gold or something. More often then not players will come out and tell me they're high eu masters or something.

I think Blizzard has turned me into a casual player. Unranked play pulling from the same pool as ranked play was just the start of stupid decisions.

How to fix ladder

Remove MMR decay make it a straight league demotion only after a certain period of time. Don't punish good players who have to take a vacation and it will stop having unintended consequences with... basically every other part of ladder.
Import current MMR when playing cross region, importing a snapshot of players current MMR from their home region will help prevent smurfing (without mass resignations before hand anyway) and their inactivity on the region won't augment the problems with how the system views Their Skill relative to opponents who are seen as equal but are actually much worse.
Separate MMR for every race This will prevent really good players from jumping to another server to practice another race on ladder
Allow ranked and unranked players to toggle drawing from one each others player pool

Son1x

Remove MMR decay make it a straight league demotion only after a certain period of time. Don't punish good players who have to take a vacation and it will stop having unintended consequences with... basically every other part of ladder.
Import current MMR when playing cross region, importing a snapshot of players current MMR from their home region will help prevent smurfing (without mass resignations before hand anyway) and their inactivity on the region won't augment the problems with how the system views Their Skill relative to opponents who are seen as equal but are actually much worse.
Separate MMR for every race This will prevent really good players from jumping to another server to practice another race on ladder
Allow ranked and unranked players to toggle drawing from one each others player pool

I don't think those would really fix things.

MMR decay, I agree. Definitely sucks. They should bring back faster promotions and demotions too, like before.

Importing MMR, definitely not. That way some random NA/EU GM would have GM MMR on Korean server, when he would hardly make it to the masters there. Same for lower levels I guess. The servers are just not balanced enough.

Separate MMR, don't like this much. Play other races on unranked. Also the problem with randoms. Since the game doesn't know what race you will get before, you'd have to have the MMR tied to random or your account on that server. And if you want to racepick, you'd have to start with low mmr again?

I have no opinion on ranked and unranked playing together or not.

Yoshichan

Can someone link me the video when someone interrupts a Brood War match (Firebathero) by entering the booth? A crazy fan or whatever it was...

Zen

Banned
I don't think those would really fix things.

MMR decay, I agree. Definitely sucks. They should bring back faster promotions and demotions too, like before.

Importing MMR, definitely not. That way some random NA/EU GM would have GM MMR on Korean server, when he would hardly make it to the masters there. Same for lower levels I guess. The servers are just not balanced enough.

Separate MMR, don't like this much. Play other races on unranked. Also the problem with randoms. Since the game doesn't know what race you will get before, you'd have to have the MMR tied to random or your account on that server. And if you want to racepick, you'd have to start with low mmr again?

I have no opinion on ranked and unranked playing together or not.

Importing MMR would result in less imbalance and the imbalance being rectified faster than it is with the current system even without MMR decay.

Separate MMR is fine, the amount of players going above their pay grade by off racing on a smurf is out of control and if you start fresh by off racing zerg, you're going to get placed semi accurately rather quickly. If you're relying on people to show restraint to make a system work, you're going to design a broken system. Random would be just another MMR rank, not like people who play random don't already have races that they're better or worse with.

kasane

Jaedong is such a fucking player. P.I.M.P.

Keep making dem ovaries explode, Tyrant!

I first knew him from a friend's page on www.renren.com (a Facebook-like website in China). I thought he looks pretty cute, so I want to know him more. I went to watch his profile, VODs, etc. Actually I have played a little StarCraft, but you know, this type of game to a girl...[is not easy]. Now I hav been trying my best to watch every game of him, though I don't understand all the things. Jaedong gives me a different feeling. How to put it. He is steady and serious, but when he is playing games, he looks sharp. He gives me a deep resonance "

Holy hell this is kinda sweet. :looooooooooool

Zen

Banned
Why do Korean girls always comment that they aren't good at games that are hard because they're girls? Societal sexism? It's not like Jaedong or whoever wasn't a chobo once upon a time.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Why do Korean girls always comment that they aren't good at games that are hard because they're girls? Societal sexism? It's not like Jaedong or whoever wasn't a chobo once upon a time.

She is Chinese. Who looks foolish now!

Shrug chicks say that here too but they dont idolize esports here....not yet :/

Zen

Banned
I am the fool. :(

Finally bottomed out and now I'm not encountering nearly as many smurfs, losing to diamonds who are 10 times masters? hard to get cranky over that.

Syf

Banned
Love how he straight up named himself PatchToss lol.

Aaand he just made Diamond. Apparently the only matches he's lost have been PvP.

Top Bottom