• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

zeox

There are at least 5 of us that play regularly. I play pretty much 5 days a week from 7 PM EST to 3AM depending on how I'm feeling and how ladder is going.

I usually take a break when I buy a game for my consoles and play that for a while. Come back and join us for GAF night this upcoming Monday! :)

We will all play fun arcade games and monobattles

monday you say? I should be studying then, but I guess I can afford to take a break :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
MRW we go 3-0 tonight

OKXcKdl.gif

Good times...

Zen

Banned
MarineKing spotted on the Proleague stream next to the sc2 players

HE LIVES!!!!

So with Wolf doing Proloeague now (props to him for taking the opportunity!) who will cast with Khaldor in Code A?

Wolf really is a good caster, does anyone remember when he had to cast by himself for hours? And how good it was?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh my God MEGATON

Zen

Banned
Imagine if out of nowhere there is a 'mystery player' spot listed in one of the brackets with appropriate hype and intrigue, everyone is wondering who it is, there are rumors but that's it. Finally about midway through the card it's time for this person to play, yet he's nowhere to be seen! As comentators ask who this player could be, they are caught off guard but then confirm that someone completely unrelated is setting up for this player in the booth. The commentators notice that the keyboard 'looks familiar'... could it be...? Then BAM right before they finish their thoughts, MKP walks into the studio and wins a Bo3 ezpz.

I think I just wrote SCII fanfiction.

Yoshichan

I got goosebumps reading that

Wonderful

Truly wonderful

Pollux

I keep missing you! Haha. Will be around for the rest of the day if you want to play later. Not particularly good myself but I know a fair bit about Zerg. Let me know when you want to practice man, you'll get the hang of it the more you play. Zerg is probably the least intuitive race to learn. At least in my opinion.

haha, i was planning on getting back on last night but my girlfriend hijacked my computer to edit music files.

Don't know if I'll be able to be on tonight, but I should be able to be on Monday and the later half of this coming week.

But yea, I think you're right about Zerg - having played as only Terran whenever I did play SC2 trying to switch to Zerg is taking quite a bit of adjusting. I think the hardest part right now is learning all the new units, what they do, strengths/weaknesses, etc. I keep forgetting I have certain things and by the time I remember I can build a certain unit it's too late.

I almost shed tears at that story. Seriously though, its Proleague. If Prime gets wreaked and ends up in the bottom half at the end of Proleague. MKP should just play a game for his fans. We haven't seen him thanks to Dear and Hurricane knocking him out of GSL and WCS system. ;_;

Then he dropped the retirement into LoL bomb.

SamuraiX-

TLO is actually horrible.

How did Impact surpass his supply by a margin like that even after that nice early aggression? Where the hell was TLO throwing away his money?

Edit: ............And they send Snute out as their ace.

lmfao

Yoshichan

Meh they still have I think Bitterdam for a casting duo. I weirdly miss the Korean translator they had that got fired for being a racist.
What's the story behind this?

J2d

Stephano streaming, it's worth it for the non shitty music that otherwise plagues every stream out there alone.

Aaron

He's not wrong. Protoss have almost unbreakable early defense, have some of the fastest and easiest early aggression, and their late game... how you going to keep their giant death lasers from wiping out everything when all you have are slow ass vikings against blink stalkers? At least the zerg have sweet, sweet mutas. Sure, terran have marines, but you need four hands to micro them properly, while protoss fall asleep at the a move.

J2d

Hope they patch Protoss soon, all this whine is getting unbearable. Props for bringing up Vikings vs colossus though, someone post some shitty my little pony stuff and we'd be back at wol.

Mairu

Okay. I didn't watch those so was unaware.

They also do a lot of production for World of Tanks.

A portion of the NASL crew (including the dog) works for Clauf/ESGN now. I'm looking forward to their new stuff in January. The studio looks really nice.

Zen

Banned
Hope they patch Protoss soon, all this whine is getting unbearable. Props for bringing up Vikings vs colossus though, someone post some shitty my little pony stuff and we'd be back at wol.

They'll need to fundamentally rework toss if they want them to not be annoying to face and brain dead easy to play.

Aylinato

They'll need to fundamentally rework toss if they want them to not be annoying to face and brain dead easy to play.

remove colosi, bring back dark archons(give them a better long range AoE attack) but not that great vs bio, have to make it like +mech

tempests can stay, i feel they were balanced last i played.

oracles should just be removed. I once just randomly built 10 in a game, didnt harass and luckily no one checked a far corner for them, and then when I rolled in with them I killed every worker at every base in a 4v4. This was before the buff. so lol. =D

Hey guys I might be late to the GAF night by an hour.

So feel free to start without me. Starts in about 1 hour in the NeoGAF channel NA server.

Use Mumble Voice Chat to communicate. You don't have to talk or anything.

Also its come and go at your own leisure. We will play arcade games and monobattles.

Maybe some team games thrown in if we get a low number of people.

BTW can someone give the address for Mumble for some of the newer members. I completely forgot it.

oh hai guys. Does Splinter still suck?
remove colosi, bring back dark archons(give them a better long range AoE attack) but not that great vs bio, have to make it like +mech

oracles should just be removed. I once just randomly built 10 in a game, didnt harass and luckily no one checked a far corner for them, and then when I rolled in with them I killed every worker at every base in a 4v4. This was before the buff. so lol. =D

I'd be fine with keeping Colosi if there was some micro involved in their attack. Like if the auto attack would only hit 3 enemy units, whereas if micro'd a certain way they could do as much splash dmg as they do now.

So guys I'm on SC2 inside the NeoGAF group on NA server. Will wait another 15 minutes for people to show up. Will be on SC2 for the next 3 hours. Come in for some fun whenever you feel like it. :)

The must be a joke, cause I remember everyone complaining about hellbats and mines being braindead a couple months ago.

Yes Protoss are currently having their time in the spotlight now, a long overdue one. But to call any race in this game braindead is a joke in itself.

Sorry for picking out your post, but by god this thread is relentless. It also doesn't help there are literally 4 gaf protoss players.

Syf

Banned
So guys I'm on SC2 inside the NeoGAF group on NA server. Will wait another 15 minutes for people to show up. Will be on SC2 for the next 3 hours. Come in for some fun whenever you feel like it. :)
Don't think I'll be on tonight, I'm way behind on my paper thanks to a thoroughly unproductive weekend lol. Have fun though.

The must be a joke, cause I remember everyone complaining about hellbats and mines being braindead a couple months ago.

Yes Protoss are currently having their time in the spotlight now, a long overdue one. But to call any race in this game braindead is a joke in itself.

Sorry for picking out your post, but by god this thread is relentless. It also doesn't help there are literally 4 gaf protoss players.

Everyone stopped using hellbats outside of going full mech for some reason. Mines got nerfed and most of season 2 (or 3, can't remember) was complaining about Zerg until Terran remembered Thors destroy Muta balls. Almost all of recent Protoss complaining is because of Oracles. They needed an acceleration buff but the movement speed buff making them faster than anything in the air except maybe Muta's was stupid.

Sadly the way they were nerfed did not help in certain matchups. I have to give props to you EJ. Taking all the abuse we throw at Protoss must be trying on your patience and I'm a bit sorry for that.

Do you think anything needs to be changed though? I'm curious about your thoughts.

I sincerely think Oracles need to be nerfed in dps if not HP if Blizzard is going to keep the speed upgrade.

As for GAF night, its open to everyone. So come and go as you please. I'll be on for the next 2 and 1/2 hours. Monday isn't the best day to do it but its good to try. I'm going to try and do it every day and see which day the most people come. After that we can have regular GAF nights.

BTW it would help if you guys posted your timezones. We can work out a better time that way.

I'm in EST time

*sigh* I give up against Protoss AI. No matter what I do I get destroyed by a mid game push. By the time I build up a decent sized Muta ball they have a few Archons and a ton of Stalkers, and even when I felt like I was doing decent damage, they pushed out with most of their army when all I had at home to defend was lings and spines. When I finally deal with the push after them killing 2 of my 3 bases and I go to attack, they're up to 5 bases covered in Photon Cannons.

Syf

Banned
30 mins of work, time for an hour break. I feel sorry for the families of the marines taking part in this daily.

I agree about removing oracles and i don't really like the nexus cannon either. A lot of people are implying that they should just be removed outright but looking at the win rates i don't see how you can do that with changing protoss in other areas.

I would love to see some bigger overhauls tried out by blizzard. Having test maps to try out silly little changes like the tank buff or whatever is a waste of time and i doubt many are interested in that. I want to see them try crazy things like remove the collosus or bring back reavers and lurkers. Make some huge changes to the game and see how people like it.

If it fails miserably who gives a shit? Nothing is lost in the process. If it resonates well with the players you may have a change that's worth looking into and it could make a big difference.

You don't need to be protoss to be balanced. The whining in this thread goes way to far (as it does pretty much anywhere you read about SC2).

Why not just bring back the reaver? Requires a lot of micro and has a lot more 'o shit' moments that SC2 can sometimes miss. It also removes this bullshit viking/collosus battle which i think most players simply don't enjoy.

Collosus are just perfectly designed to be a part of a death ball. I don't like them but i feel like this conversation will never go anywhere, blizzard aren't going to make a change like that.

Top Bottom