• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Zen

Banned
The must be a joke, cause I remember everyone complaining about hellbats and mines being braindead a couple months ago.

Yes Protoss are currently having their time in the spotlight now, a long overdue one. But to call any race in this game braindead is a joke in itself.

Sorry for picking out your post, but by god this thread is relentless. It also doesn't help there are literally 4 gaf protoss players.

It's also on reddit, SCII related web shows, mentioned on air during tournaments, and spammed online by the majority of the player base who cares to comment on such things.

Where there's smoke there's fire, in fact 'toss doing well now' has only had the slightest of impact on the frequency of it. Things like the oracle only add to the problem, they aren't the reason that there's a problem like with Widow Mines and Hellbats back in the day. There's a good episode of Meta were Artosis and co talk about Toss, as they get into why balancing Toss is so difficult and the race has to rely on gimmicks and bullshit of overly specific units.

Also notice that people generally wish that Toss would just be almost completely redesigned, with the removal of core units and such, it says something when the prevalent balance suggestions over these past years has veered more toward 'rebuild' than 'tweak'.

Post more

Syf

Banned
Pretty uncharacteristic mistakes from Polt in these games. Maybe he's been too busy with school to practice much.

Sets up Polt vs HuK later though. Might be neat.. might be TvP.

SamuraiX-

MajOr qualifies for IEM Sao Paulo! Damn well deserved. Excited to see him there.

I'm sure Polt will qualify regardless. No way HuK knocks him out in a Bo5.

Edit: Nice, so the Korean/Taiwan qualifier is tomorrow night at midnight (PST) where they'll all compete for the Asian Final qualifier that'll let 4 qualify for the event.

Check out who's already been invited to that Asian Final qualifier! :D

5PiMXF6.png

I would switch out Dear for Rain but Maru crushing Dear would be very nice.

He killed Parting the other day so his TvP is getting even better.

Also played 3 TvPs today. I actually managed to win one that went to the lategame. Got the luckiest EMP of my life and better army comp then he did. BF Hellbats are going to be in my army from now on. They do terrible vs Archons but frying Zealots so fast is too good to give up.

2nd one on Frost I lost since I stupidly went BCs and got feedbacked. Never again will I go T3 vs Protoss.

3rd one I just out played the Protoss on Frost again. He tried to be cheeky and take a hidden third and fourth in the 5 and 6 o clock positions.

We were cross spawns and I was 11 while he was 1. Needless to say I crushed his greed with vikings and MMM. He had mostly zealots and sentries so his colossus were easy pickings.

Zealots with charge are really good vs MMM, almost lost my entire army before I gathered enough to completely finish him off. Lost my 3rd before I engaged his army but I already had 2 extra CCs ready to go lol.

Sending half my army to take out his extra bases pretty much won me the game after his army was crushed.

survivor

Banned
SKT vs KT showmatch will start in 2 hours and will feature Flash vs Rain. I really want to stay up for it, but I'm just gonna hope someone will put it up on youtube tomorrow morning.

Aaron

I played dota 2 off and on for six months until I got completed bored with it. Once I hit my skill ceiling I stopped having any fun with it, and spent all my time annoyed with the mistakes my teammates were making.

Syf

Banned
I put about 350 hours into Dota 2. Then I had a vodka night and got placed in low priority queue for a week. The players there.. I've never seen a more terrible collection of people. A punishment worse than death.

Aylinato

I agree about removing oracles and i don't really like the nexus cannon either. A lot of people are implying that they should just be removed outright but looking at the win rates i don't see how you can do that with changing protoss in other areas.

I would love to see some bigger overhauls tried out by blizzard. Having test maps to try out silly little changes like the tank buff or whatever is a waste of time and i doubt many are interested in that. I want to see them try crazy things like remove the collosus or bring back reavers and lurkers. Make some huge changes to the game and see how people like it.

If it fails miserably who gives a shit? Nothing is lost in the process. If it resonates well with the players you may have a change that's worth looking into and it could make a big difference.

You don't need to be protoss to be balanced. The whining in this thread goes way to far (as it does pretty much anywhere you read about SC2).

Why not just bring back the reaver? Requires a lot of micro and has a lot more 'o shit' moments that SC2 can sometimes miss. It also removes this bullshit viking/collosus battle which i think most players simply don't enjoy.

Collosus are just perfectly designed to be a part of a death ball. I don't like them but i feel like this conversation will never go anywhere, blizzard aren't going to make a change like that.

Reavers are cool but I always suggest them so I tried something else

oh hai guys. Does Splinter still suck?

I'd be fine with keeping Colosi if there was some micro involved in their attack. Like if the auto attack would only hit 3 enemy units, whereas if micro'd a certain way they could do as much splash dmg as they do now.

Splinter sucks cause he doesn't play

No micro is so boring I haven't used colosi in almost 5 months

GAF night in about 45 minutes guys. Come and go as you please. It going to start at 8:20 PM EST. This lets people join within the 20 minute wait period.

Use Mumble to Voice Chat if you wish to. :)

Oooh, I'm in this night :)

Good to hear, I'm already on and ready to go.

Edit: We have 3 people so far. If you want to join before we start, now would be the time to do so guys. If you don't have HOTS, we can still use Spawning to bring you up to HOTS. So don't be shy about coming for some fun! :)

Bomber Streaming :D

GGs to unknownstranger and Goodfriend. We played some team monobattles and played vs 3 AI. Good fun and hope more of you join us.

Wednesday is usually a good day to hold GAF night so I'm hopeful we will get a few more players. :)

SamuraiX-

guys

guys

GSL Jan 8th qualy

they said it will last 10 weeks.

meaning it ends the week ending the 16th of march.

i arrive in korea the 17th of march.

;_; hopefully it goes the following week.. and ill be there for the finals...

i dont want to cry.

I have a feeling that they didn't include the qualifiers in their 10 week timeline for each season... and I have a feeling you're gonna arrive just in time to catch the quarterfinals/semifinals/finals! :D

:D!

Aylinato

Good to hear, I'm already on and ready to go.

Edit: We have 3 people so far. If you want to join before we start, now would be the time to do so guys. If you don't have HOTS, we can still use Spawning to bring you up to HOTS. So don't be shy about coming for some fun! :)

I'll get on when I'm back if anyone is still on.

Syf

Banned
That's ok! The IEM Sao Paulo Korean/Taiwan Qualifer starts in 3 hours! :D
I would stay up but another exam tomorrow and then another paper due Thursday morning. Then I leave to visit my parents for the holidays. So basically out of the loop til January. I.. I guess I might be able to watch on my phone. ;-;

Time to make a steak.

SamuraiX-

DRG knocked out by Emotion... C'mon, man. -___-

Meanwhile, herO and KangHo having the most epic match I've ever seen on Alterzim Stronghold.

SamuraiX-

Why isn't Nathanias casting? Aren't games going on?

The only game he's casted is TRUE vs Reality so far... he has some kind of weird obsession with wanting to cast Dragon and ByuN right now... No clue wtf he's doing. lol

Well Rain is out. Now I really want Stork to make it out of bracket A since everyone else in it sucks except for Byun.

Annihilate Dear in the Hot6ix... lose to Hurricane in a Bo3 in the first match of the qualifier.....

Rain y u do dis ;_;

The only game he's casted is TRUE vs Reality so far... he has some kind of weird obsession with wanting to cast Dragon and ByuN right now... No clue wtf he's doing. lol

Annihilate Dear in the Hot6ix... lose to Hurricane in a Bo3 in the first match of the qualifier.....

Rain y u do dis ;_;

LOL Ok.

As for Rain, its PvP is the reason.

SamuraiX-

I thought herO threw that Game 2... until KangHo threw it even harder. lol

Sick plays with the DTs and the Tempests??? Where the hell did they even come from?

herO's a player. He's going back on my FPL. :D

Top Bottom