• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

SamuraiX-

This is so cool:

YP22m2o.png

A timer starts whenever an upgrade is 15 seconds away from completing.

I just love that there continues to be all these subtle little things added to optimize the best observer interface currently out there.

It's a damn shame to see Proleague hasn't done anything to transition.

SamuraiX-

Stephano just got 2-0'd by Harstem.....

Yeah, he needs to throw in the towel. Maybe wait for LotV if he's actually thinking about coming back.

Zen

Banned
Man I wish I wasn't busy today.

Also HTO Mario released a replay pack of his Mech style, including his TvP (he has a 75% winrate TvP).

TvP feels fresh and fun again.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
mech against toss

gonna try it from now on

wish my equipment luck

kasane

I thought TvZ was my strongest but i only have 43% win rate against it, meanwhile i got 70% in TvT.

Such skill
Much pro
Wow

*sigh* I still suck against everything but Zerg. Finally beat a very hard AI 1vs1 which was Zerg. Scouted no Hatchery so I put up 4 spines and built a bunch of Zerglings. He came with a big attack of ling/baneling but I was able to stop it pretty easily. Check again for a Hatchery and still none, so I immediately take a 3rd and go straight to Muta's. Once I get 10 I attack and all he has to defend against them is 2 Hydralisk's. Kill those and the Hydralisk Den, and that's basically it.

Then I went up against a Terran. First off I hate large maps because I hate having to drone scout, especially on Alterzim. I see the timing on his 2nd so I build some spines and ling/baneling, and defend pretty easily. I focused so much on that attack that I took forever to get my 3rd. I try to go into Muta's, but he went Vikings/Battlecruisers and since I was so slow to get my 3rd up he had a bunch of them. I spent the next 15 minutes trying to slowly poke at his bases with Mutas (took me forever to scout his 4th and eventually 5th), before he finally goes after my bases. I try to do a baserace but he has too many turrets up that I lose too many Muta's before he pulls back and I'm dead.

Something I think Blizzard should at least try testing is making static defense stronger but more expensive. My ideas would be:

Spine Crawlers - 30 damage, 35 vs Armored. 125 minerals

Spore Crawlers - 18 damage, 40 vs Biological (let Muta's be more useful in ZvZ, letting them survive more than 3 hits with armor). 100 minerals

Photon Cannon - 1.1 attack speed. 175 minerals

Missile Turret - 14 damage per attack, 125 minerals

I think Planetary's are fine.

Woo finally beat a Protoss AI on very hard. Stopped being so scared to take more bases. Started my 3rd at 7:40 and my 4th at 11:40. Maxed out at 16:30 with mass roach/hydra with some lings mixed in. The Protoss came to attack me right after that when he was at about 170 supply but I killed his army easily since I had 2/2 upgrades while he had 0. Remaxed instantly and went after him, and finished him off somewhat easily.

Something I think Blizzard should at least try testing is making static defense stronger but more expensive. My ideas would be:

Spine Crawlers - 30 damage, 35 vs Armored. 125 minerals

Spore Crawlers - 18 damage, 40 vs Biological (let Muta's be more useful in ZvZ, letting them survive more than 3 hits with armor). 100 minerals

Photon Cannon - 1.1 attack speed. 175 minerals

Missile Turret - 14 damage per attack, 125 minerals

I think Planetary's are fine.

Woo finally beat a Protoss AI on very hard. Stopped being so scared to take more bases. Started my 3rd at 7:40 and my 4th at 11:40. Maxed out at 16:30 with mass roach/hydra with some lings mixed in. The Protoss came to attack me right after that when he was at about 170 supply but I killed his army easily since I had 2/2 upgrades while he had 0. Remaxed instantly and went after him, and finished him off somewhat easily.

WTF? Turrets do 24 per shot so thats a huge nerf you are talking there. Unless you meant 14 per missle which would be 28. Not worth it since it doesn't kill Mutas or Banshees any faster.

Also better Static defense for cost upgrade means more greedy play will work out and that gives too much of an advantage to Toss and Zerg who thrive in the late game.

WTF? Turrets do 24 per shot so thats a huge nerf you are talking there. Unless you meant 14 per missle which would be 28. Not worth it since it doesn't kill Mutas or Banshees any faster.

Also better Static defense for cost upgrade means more greedy play will work out and that gives too much of an advantage to Toss and Zerg who thrive in the late game.

Per missile obviously. It does makes Turrets better against Muta's when Zerg get air armor (which Scarlett always gets after 2 attack which is why her Muta's are so strong). Banshee's already have multiple counters in TvT. If they still need a buff then increase the base range by 1 and have Hi-sec Auto Tracking increase it by an addition 1.

Right now Spines and Spores suck against drops because of how little damage they do. A single Medivac drop can kill Spines ridiculously easy unless there's a bunch of them grouped up, forcing Zerg to stay at home just like Muta's force Terran to, except for 4-6 Mines instantly kill a Muta ball, not to mention Thor's being extremely strong against them.

Static defense just needs buffed period imo because of how little defense it actually brings except in massive numbers.

Per missile obviously. It does makes Turrets better against Muta's when Zerg get air armor (which Scarlett always gets after 2 attack which is why her Muta's are so strong). Banshee's already have multiple counters in TvT. If they still need a buff then increase the base range by 1 and have Hi-sec Auto Tracking increase it by an addition 1.

Right now Spines and Spores suck against drops because of how little damage they do. A single Medivac drop can kill Spines ridiculously easy unless there's a bunch of them grouped up, forcing Zerg to stay at home just like Muta's force Terran to, except for 4-6 Mines instantly kill a Muta ball, not to mention Thor's being extremely strong against them.

Static defense just needs buffed period imo because of how little defense it actually brings except in massive numbers.

It sounds like you want to buff Muta harassment overall though lol.

Static defense doesn't exist to completely shut down drops and harassment honestly. You use them to buy time so your units can come back and deal with them. Unless you build a ton of Static D to attack.

It sounds like you want to buff Muta harassment overall though lol.

Static defense doesn't exist to completely shut down drops and harassment honestly. You use them to buy time so your units can come back and deal with them. Unless you build a ton of Static D to attack.

Against Zerg sure since 3 Spores can kill a muta flock so easily. Plus I've mentioned how much I hate RoachvsRoach. Spore damage against everything else is a joke. Mutas to me are fine in TvZ. Protoss could probably use a buff against them. Maybe increase Phoenix damage vs light by 1, but that would let Phoenix 2 shot Drones and Probes.

Yep, Korean ladder Zerg are still better than almost every foreign Zerg.

Of course right after I say that one loses a Marine/Hellion push because he has no Lings or even speed when the push comes.

Bomber with maybe the dumbest attack I've seen him do.

SamuraiX-

I think Bomber is playing on the NA sever... I saw him playing ViBE a couple of games ago. Unless ViBE is trying to play on the Korean sever. lol

Zen

Banned
Yep, Korean ladder Zerg are still better than almost every foreign Zerg.

Of course right after I say that one loses a Marine/Hellion push because he has no Lings or even speed when the push comes.

Bomber with maybe the dumbest attack I've seen him do.

When did the attack hit?

Zen

Banned
mech against toss

gonna try it from now on

wish my equipment luck

Feel free to PM me if you're having problems or we can share replays.

That goes for any T meching TvP, let's break the meta!

This is so cool:

YP22m2o.png

I just love that there continues to be all these subtle little things added to optimize the best observer interface currently out there.

This really is so good. If they're going to give us huge amounts of information they might as well help use it to build suspense.

SamuraiX-

The ego on these Master league players is pretty hilarious. Nathanias was laddering as Zerg to kill time waiting for the JD vs Solar grand final and Baneling busted a greedy Terran.

rkEa0LF.png
mnVflCI.png

I thought it was hilarious that the guy's name is Jimmy and Nathanias's favorite meme is jimmies being rustled.

"no tears, only dreams now"

Best mic drop line ever. haha

So, in advance since I will most likely forget it otherwise.

Happy Christmas and I hope you all have a good new year.

693.jpg

Same here guys. Have a nice holiday! :)

BTW for those struggling in TvP. I found that Widow mines with fast burrow is godly. Just drop 4 of them from a medivac near the front of the bio army and they will do splash back to the toss. Very good with colossus heavy compositions.

This is so cool:

YP22m2o.png

This is freaking awesome, I love this new timer.

How do some people get so high vs AI? Did 3vs3 AI, and 1 Terran never expands and builds a bunch of bunkers, gets the bunker upgrade to put more marines in it, and a few tanks. The problem is there's two entrances to our bases. The Protoss takes forever to expand and builds nothing but Tempests. When the AI come to attack, he only has like 3 of them.

SamuraiX-

How do some people get so high vs AI? Did 3vs3 AI, and 1 Terran never expands and builds a bunch of bunkers, gets the bunker upgrade to put more marines in it, and a few tanks. The problem is there's two entrances to our bases. The Protoss takes forever to expand and builds nothing but Tempests. When the AI come to attack, he only has like 3 of them.

The key is early timing attacks to finish them off early or do a good amount of economic damage. Turtling, defending and trying to play a macro game with AI on very hard and elite usually turns ridiculous for me since eventually they start expanding twice for every expansion I throw down.

The key is early timing attacks to finish them off early or do a good amount of economic damage. Turtling, defending and trying to play a macro game with AI on very hard and elite usually turns ridiculous for me since eventually they start expanding twice for every expansion I throw down.

Depends. You always have to be ready if the AI attacks early (or cheeses). If they don't have an early push, then you need to constantly put pressure on their expansions. But having a Terran on 1 base and a Protoss barely on 2 base (I was on 3 base) when 3 Protoss AI's attack with Zealot/Stalker/Immortal sucks.

Watching an elite AI FFA on Alterzim is amusingly entertaining. Watching a 9 base Zerg vs an 11 base Zerg is fun.

Man WMs suck in TvZ. Need to stop using them now. Just had the worst luck with them in the last match. Thors, Tanks and MMM all the way from now on. Maybe some BF hellbats mixed in as well.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
😊😊😊 MERRY CHRISTMAS BEST GAF COMMUNITY OF ALL TIME 😊😊😊

Top Bottom