• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

SamuraiX-

HyuN owed $23,000 in back pay and prize money by Quantic

TeamLiquid said:
Hello, this is HyuN.

I began my contract with Quantic on January 28th and have spent the last year with them. Because the team was in a special situation where it formed from a merger of many teams, it was in an unstable state where one of the owners left as I was playing for the team.

Simon would always buy tickets late, even though you could get them cheaper if you bought them earlier, and he even bought me business class tickets to IEM Shanghai because I had just won DreamHack (even though he had already bought tickets). Even in the case of hotels, there were times I wondered if it was too expensive.

Since when I started to notice these things, Simon was always late to respond to me. It wasn't a big nuisiance for me to have flights booked late, but he would always respond late and would lie about having booked flights when he had not, booking them when the time for the tournament had almost come. So, there was a lot of stress there.

In my final tournament schedule of HSC, Red Bull, and DH Winter, he always said he had booked the flights but in reality it was very tough because they would be booked one day before.

Also, at the time my salary had been delayed for a few months, and I had yet to receive prize money from three tournaments (DH Stockholm, DH Summer, DH Valencia). DreamHack has an invoice system, so the team would receive the money. In the end, IEM was the last time I saw Simon, and I wasn't able to see or chat with him since.

Before IEM, Simon told me he would give me my salary and DreamHack Prize money, and gave me an explanation. But it was always a lie. He always said he had sent the DreamHack prize money, but I heard he had actually used that money to support the LoL team. As for the reason he could not send the money, he said it was because according to Canadian law it was too large an amount to send, and said he would give me the money from the sponsors instead, but that was a lie as well. The sponsors didn't even know about this.

After my last scheduled events he went off the radar, except to occasionally leave a line saying that he would send the money. The money I should have received was 80,000 SEK from DreamHack winnings (about $12,500) and $26,400 (2,200 x 12) in salary, but I only received $2,200 x5, and after that $950 x5, leaving $10,650 I have not received. In total it's about $23,000 I have not received.

Simon has gone off the map, and there is no one to be held responsible. I'm regretting the year I spent taking countless flights, and I'm so stressed out I'm wondering why I spent eight years as a gamer. I don't know what to do, and it's been a while since I've played since I just can't bring myself to. If someone can't help me out, I might have to quit.

If I quit now, then I'm thankful to Simon for letting me finally rest after eight tough years of progaming. I'll never forget you!

I need help, but I don't even know what will help me. This link contains my conversatiosn with Simon. http://imgur.com/xVlXWYe,AneHU6y,Mnf33uA,rBX8lYE,1IF1Oda,jfgUqfR,MflPkwG#0

I'm sorry to all my fans and friends who cheered for me.

Fucking slimmy as hell from Quantic. What a sleeze ball organization. I hope HyuN finds the help he needs and hopefully breaks away from QG to join a team more deserving of his talents. Would be such a damn shame to see him retire over something like this.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Quantic comes back to life to die again. Shocking. Sucks that Quantic took hyuns prize pool money, never should a tournament hand money over to a team instead of the individual.

I really hope this Simon Boudreault gets what's coming to him.
Like what? Nothing will happen, only thing is he wont be in esports anymore I guess...

Quantic comes back to life to die again. Shocking. Sucks that Quantic took hyuns prize pool money, never should a tournament hand money over to a team instead of the individual.

Agree with this 100%. Hyun was foolish to ever come to an agreement that involved prize money from tournaments not going directly to him. The guys an asshole and the situation sucks but i think there is a lesson to be learned for players here. You have to be real careful about what you're getting yourself into.

Enough with the negativity! GG WP guys! 1 more year of SC2 and lots of fun moments.

Happy New Years, may this year be ever brighter for SC2 as a E-Sport.

You all have a good and safe celebration.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
2.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SamuraiX-

czwcMR1.jpg

Support HyuN Tournament

Mad respect to Golden for organizing this and to jjakji, MC, StarDust and Symbol for participating.

Good to see progamers having each others backs.

Yep, still not gonna play against other people. Decided to try ladder again, and first match I get an hour long game against Terran that went mech before eventually winning (he said his hands were tired but I was way ahead).

kasane

I had a million ghosts and i still can't stop toss. Was able to destroy his main nexus and a couple of gateways but fucking bio army has nothing on toss army.

Its not like i can mech

Edit: and yeah i was on 4 bases and he was in 3. still can't crank out enough units to defend while he just warps in everything. fuck this game

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
박준규 ‏@junkka83 2h
I've been transferred from esports department to a different department as of 2014. Will continue to work to make viewing experience better
ESPORTS DEAD

Syf

Banned
PO nerf (potentially) incoming!

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/11040734962#1

Photon overcharge duration decreased from 60 to 40

We believe the the Mothership Core is very well-rounded unit. We like the early aggressive options the Mothership Core provides, such as being able to recall back at the right moments, but we wonder whether the defensive nature of the Mothership Core can be toned down a bit. We’d like to see more options for Terran and Zerg to attack, skirmish, or harass a Protoss player who plays defensively.

They're also asking for feedback on how to make mech more viable.

I'm actually shocked that we finally get blizz talking about a toss nerf and nobody cares lol.

They are only nerfing MSC's ability of overcharge. It depends on Ghosts or mech getting a buff as well. People are tired of Bio vs Deathball every single game.

Supernova vs that one Protoss in GSTL was amazing because Supernova went mech and actually beat the toss which made it one of the best match ever! Of course the Toss sucked is why he lost but still it was amazing to see something not MMM all the time.

Aaron

They're talking about making mech more viable. I'd say that might contribute to MMM.
With the high mobility of the protoss race, tanks are never going to work against them. So I wonder what they can do that won't wreck tvz in the process.

With the high mobility of the protoss race, tanks are never going to work against them. So I wonder what they can do that won't wreck tvz in the process.

I've already suggested +15 vs shields for tanks. That makes Tanks viable vs toss because they will lose their Zealots in 3 shots instead of the 6-7 it takes now and Stalkers as well which will take 3 shots just like the Roach.

Aaron

I've already suggested +15 vs shields for tanks. That makes Tanks viable vs toss because they will lose their Zealots in 3 shots instead of the 6-7 it takes now and Stalkers as well which will take 3 shots just like the Roach.
While this would help in defense, you still couldn't attack a protoss with this. Sieging takes too long against their army that's pretty much all high mobility. You're also going to need your army concentrated to take on the death ball, so you couldn't stagger tanks like tvt.

kasane

While this would help in defense, you still couldn't attack a protoss with this. Sieging takes too long against their army that's pretty much all high mobility. You're also going to need your army concentrated to take on the death ball, so you couldn't stagger tanks like tvt.

let tanks move while in siege mode :p

Defense is more of a problem with Zealot+DT runbys or a Blink allin. You can actually siege the 3rd a Protoss tries to get on most maps.

The real reason I want +15 vs shields is to deal with Chargelot Archon and HTs. Tanks would really weaken that composition.

For colossus, you still want Vikings.

Zen

Banned
That's a much welcome change. I'd love it if warp in was completely reworked to be more tactical while keeping toss strong overall (so maybe buffing to complement the overall nerf), but that's never going to happen. As for making mech more viable, I mech every TvP now and it's actually my best match-up at the moment.

I'd like Seige tanks to get a + bonus to shields when in Seige mode, something like +15? EDIT: Crimsonlink said it before me because he is likewise a genius, clearly.

Your core mech army isn't super mobile, but Hellion -> Hellbat drops are very potent and able to clear out photon cannons at bases, not too mention widow mine drops, hellion runby's, honestly the trick with mech is to commit to aggression early and often.

Also Ravens are invaluable don't underestimate auto turret spam against Chargelot/Archon/HT; it forces the toss ball to clump up, preserves your Hellbats, and throws away Siege tank friendly fire onto free units. Don't use hunter seeker unless you see clumped up HTs and you think he's not paying attention.

And seriously, sensor towers. You want to deal with the mobility of Protoss with a comparatively slower army? They can't very well split up their death ball, can they? So if you can see where they are, and position your army to intercept them, while harassing, you will win the game.

And spend your extra minerals on a lot of PFs with widow mines etc.

As a complete aside, I long for the day that a Protoss sets up a play to wipe out an enemy by proxing a nexus for a mass recall across the map to his opponents door step.

Seriously? There are players in GM right now who go mech in every matchup. You really think a huge buff like that wouldn't go at least a little way to making tanks viable? I think a tank buff like that is a great idea, the only problem is you need to be careful that it doesn't break early game TvP (ala the 111).

I think a tank buff is crucial. It has a huge drawback in having to siege up and for that reason it should be extremely powerful when sieged. Bring back the days when players feared hearing that sieging up noise.

Other then making tanks more powerful another thing i would like is reducing the supply on some units. One of the reasons tanks are so hard to use is because they take up so much supply. I would love to see either tanks or widow mines take up 1 less supply than they do currently (even if it means they need a slight nerf). I'd have to think it through more though lol.

I also love the suggestion to buff ghosts. They're a really fun unit to watch and use and blizzard should try and encourage players to use them more. First time in a while i'm actually excited for a balance patch.

That's a much welcome change. I'd love it if warp in was completely reworked to me more tactical, but that's never going to happen. As for making mech more viable, I mech every TvP now and it's actually my best match-up at the moment.

I'd like Seige tanks to get a + bonus to shields when in Seige mode, something like +15? EDIT: Crimsonlink said it before me because he is likewise a genius, clearly.

Your core mech army isn't super mobile, but Hellion -> Hellbat drops are very potent and able to clear out photon cannons at bases, not too mention widow mine drops, hellion runby's, honestly the trick with mech is to commit to aggression early and often.

Also Ravens are invaluable don't underestimate auto turret spam to eat up charge lots, force the toss ball to clump up, preserve your Hellbats, and throw away Siege tank friendly fire onto free units.

And seriously, sensor towers. You want to deal with the mobility of Protoss with a comparatively slower army? They can't very well split up their death ball, can they? So if you can see where they are, and position your army to intercept them, while harassing, you will win the game.

And spend your extra minerals on a lot of PFs with widow mines etc.

Zen I love you bro. I just have this allergy to building more than 1 factory in TvP. But I'll start changing that in the new season. How do you deal with Immortals?

I had some success with Bio and Ghost + Vikings with Widow Mines and a nuke or 2.

Sadly forgot to save the replay. ;_;

Zen I love you bro. I just have this allergy to building more than 1 factory in TvP. But I'll start changing that in the new season. How do you deal with Immortals?

Don't quote me on this but i think if they start going for a heavier immortal style you want to have a lot of starport units. Ravens and banshees work quite well here. I think the main thing is identifying if they are going more for immortals or collosus. If they go more colo vikings are crucial if they don't get them or don't get many you don't want many if any vikings.

Of course if you're going for a ghost mech style you have your answer right there.

Whilst most people probably dislike him i definitely recommend watching avilos stream. He really explains how to play mech well and uses a variety of units (basically everything besides BC). Plus he actually macros even if some people think it's a very boring style.

kasane

Don't quote me on this but i think if they start going for a heavier immortal style you want to have a lot of starport units. Ravens and banshees work quite well here. I think the main thing is identifying if they are going more for immortals or collosus. If they go more colo vikings are crucial if they don't get them or don't get many you don't want many if any vikings.

Of course if you're going for a ghost mech style you have your answer right there.

Whilst most people probably dislike him i definitely recommend watching avilos stream. He really explains how to play mech well and uses a variety of units (basically everything besides BC). Plus he actually macros even if some people think it's a very boring style.

I actually really like avilo

*sigh* can only beat Zerg 1vs1 on elite. Haven't fought a Protoss yet but Terran build a jack-of-all-trades army of Bio/Medivac/blue flame hellion/tank/thor that I have 0 idea what to do against.

Top Bottom