• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Happy to hear that the scum are getting nerfed

Zen I love you bro. I just have this allergy to building more than 1 factory in TvP. But I'll start changing that in the new season. How do you deal with Immortals?

I had some success with Bio and Ghost + Vikings with Widow Mines and a nuke or 2.

Sadly forgot to save the replay. ;_;

Why isn't save all replays on?

Zen

Banned
Zen I love you bro. I just have this allergy to building more than 1 factory in TvP. But I'll start changing that in the new season. How do you deal with Immortals?

I had some success with Bio and Ghost + Vikings with Widow Mines and a nuke or 2.

Sadly forgot to save the replay. ;_;

If you want to embrace mech, I'd suggest downloading HTOMario's replay pack here!

Adventure is spot on btw, though even a few ghosts just splashed in can be a good answer. Also widow mines since their attack is a spell and thus ignores hardened shields. Widow mines as a complement will drastically reduce the immortals lifespan versus tank shots.

In general don't forget to scan during an engagement so your vikings and widow mines can maybe kill the obs and your cloaked banshees can go to down risk free. Also get comfortable with the kind of openings in that replay pack. The biggest thing with mech is understanding that your opening have to be different from bio, you're often going to be delaying your expo somewhat for earlier damage. Relying on your scouting to anticipate the tosses response.

Don't quote me on this but i think if they start going for a heavier immortal style you want to have a lot of starport units. Ravens and banshees work quite well here. I think the main thing is identifying if they are going more for immortals or collosus. If they go more colo vikings are crucial if they don't get them or don't get many you don't want many if any vikings.

Of course if you're going for a ghost mech style you have your answer right there.

Whilst most people probably dislike him i definitely recommend watching avilos stream. He really explains how to play mech well and uses a variety of units (basically everything besides BC). Plus he actually macros even if some people think it's a very boring style.

I actually really like avilo

So do i but he's stream isn't for everyone :p.

I would watch him, but his karate yelling every-time he wins is so loud. I wish I could mute him for only those portions. >.<

SamuraiX-

PO nerf (potentially) incoming!

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/11040734962#1

Photon overcharge duration decreased from 60 to 40

We believe the the Mothership Core is very well-rounded unit. We like the early aggressive options the Mothership Core provides, such as being able to recall back at the right moments, but we wonder whether the defensive nature of the Mothership Core can be toned down a bit. We’d like to see more options for Terran and Zerg to attack, skirmish, or harass a Protoss player who plays defensively.

They're also asking for feedback on how to make mech more viable.

Finally!

I'm glad they're actually trying stuff that the community has been suggesting too. I'm pretty sure I've heard about decreasing the active time of PO thrown around here and TL in the past.

What this will also means is 20 less in-game seconds for the MSC to recharge energy for a potential second consecutive PO getting thrown down immediately after the first one ends.

Really hope this one makes it through. The approval rating among the community over at TL is already through the roof. lol

Yessir!

Just one of the many amazing games from a GSL finals that TL has named the greatest finals in GSL history!

And all the VODs are now available for FREE on YouTube so get on dat! :D

I've already suggested +15 vs shields for tanks. That makes Tanks viable vs toss because they will lose their Zealots in 3 shots instead of the 6-7 it takes now and Stalkers as well which will take 3 shots just like the Roach.

I like that but having a few Hellbats within your army composition would melt Zealots unless the Protoss saturated his army with them. I think the key is to nerf Immortals overall. It would not only help making mech a lot more viable against Protoss but it would also decrease the ridiculously stupid amount of efficiency they have in all-ins. They're +30 bonus base damage vs armored units is just beyond dumb. That gives them 34.5 DPS against things like Siege Tanks and Thors as a PASSIVE so you can just 1-A yolo to victory.

And Blink really needs to be nerfed in some way as well, which would again help in making mech viable as well as decreasing the effectiveness of all-ins. Maybe increase the cool down from 10 to 15 or decrease the range from 8 to 6 or 7.

Blizzard keeps trying to "buff" mech but what they should really be focusing on is nerfing bullshit units, abilities and gimmicks for Protoss.

Awesome! But when are they releasing 2011 VODs? :(

There are so many games I want to watch from 2011.

Finally!

I'm glad they're actually trying stuff that the community has been suggesting too. I'm pretty sure I've heard about decreasing the active time of PO thrown around here and TL in the past.

What this will also means is 20 less in-game seconds for the MSC to recharge energy for a potential second consecutive PO getting thrown down immediately after the first one ends.

Really hope this one makes it through. The approval rating among the community over at TL is already through the roof. lol

Yessir!

Just one of the many amazing games from a GSL finals that TL has named the greatest finals in GSL history!

And all the VODs are now available for FREE on YouTube so get on dat! :D

I like that but having a few Hellbats within your army composition would melt Zealots unless the Protoss saturated his army with them. I think the key is to nerf Immortals overall. It would not only help making mech a lot more viable against Protoss but it would also decrease the ridiculously stupid amount of efficiency they have in all-ins. They're +30 bonus base damage vs armored units is just beyond dumb. That gives them 34.5 DPS against things like Siege Tanks and Thors as a PASSIVE so you can just 1-A yolo to victory.

And Blink really needs to be nerfed in some way as well, which would again help in making mech viable as well as decreasing the effectiveness of all-ins. Maybe increase the cool down from 10 to 15 or decrease the range from 8 to 6 or 7.

Blizzard keeps trying to "buff" mech but what they should really be focusing on is nerfing bullshit units, abilities and gimmicks for Protoss.

Awesome! But when are they releasing 2011 VODs? :(

There are so many games I want to watch from 2011.

I totally agree for the most part. Sadly Toss can't deal with the Roach max if Immortals were nerfed. We have tanks for that thankfully. I do think they would nerf Blink though.

Anyways going to ladder my first game. Wish me luck. Also I don't save replays because I dislike clutter on my PC. I save the ones that are really good though. I just forget sometimes. >.>

Son1x

I don't like the Photon Overcharge nerf. Not because its a nerf, but because it won't change one damn thing about early timing pushes/poke-ing.

Its fucking bullshit, I've seen people defend scv marine allins with just a sentry (to block the ramp), a stalker or two and MSC. The only reason I like MSC is for PvP. Finaly a defenders advantage in that mathup.

edit: My combat shield timing with 3-4 marauders and 15 marines gets killed by a MSC and 2-3 units as well. Its either go in and lose all while trying to kill a few units or wait for planetary nexus to finish and BAM, suddently theres 10 units out for him. And another PO.

I totally agree for the most part. Sadly Toss can't deal with the Roach max if Immortals were nerfed. We have tanks for that thankfully. I do think they would nerf Blink though.

Anyways going to ladder my first game. Wish me luck. Also I don't save replays because I dislike clutter on my PC. I save the ones that are really good though. I just forget sometimes. >.>

Zealot/Stalker/Void Ray is arguably as good at defending a Roach all-in as Immortal/Stalker unless you have a Warp Prism with them. The only time it becomes a problem is if they research burrow, but unless you probe scouted it really early, there's a decent chance you have an Oracle already (or can at least build one).

Man I found out how OP BC + Ravens are in a TvZ. Put down like 4 PDD and let your BCs wreak everything. It was amazing.

8 base zerg vs 4 base Terran.

I gotta say i really disagree with the idea of nerfing blink stalkers and just in general balancing through nerfs. Firstly because blink stalkers don't need to be nerfed imo but in general i'm just against them. Nerfing powerful units just ends up making the game boring, we've already been down that path in WoL. I'd rather we keep units that are powerful and just give the other races more tools to deal with them.

The only counter seems to be mass Muta and lings to clean up bases. Corruptors are too slow and die to 3/3 BCs pretty quickly. You have to pretty much go for a base trade and never engage the army.

Only thing that has a slim chance of working is going mass infestor and casting Neural Parasite on everything you can.

Zen

Banned
Does the gold on habitation station seem a little too easy for zerg?

I don't really mind though, different styles of maps tending towards different styles of play? Feels good man.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just saw your new avatar quote.

Idk where it stemmed from, but say it isn't true. DMC2 is...good lord not a good game.
T_T

kasane

Does the gold on habitation station seem a little too easy for zerg?

I don't really mind though, different styles of maps tending towards different styles of play? Feels good man.

i feel like zerg has an all around advantage on this map

BW tournament should be fun. I think it's great that Gom is holding a couple of extra tournaments because 3 a year is not enough to support the scene there. Shame it's a terrible top 8 format. I know it's the best against the best but i can never get hyped for them. It's just the same top players taking the money and in general i find tournaments with that few players to be less hyped.

Aylinato

PO nerf (potentially) incoming!

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/11040734962#1

Photon overcharge duration decreased from 60 to 40

We believe the the Mothership Core is very well-rounded unit. We like the early aggressive options the Mothership Core provides, such as being able to recall back at the right moments, but we wonder whether the defensive nature of the Mothership Core can be toned down a bit. We’d like to see more options for Terran and Zerg to attack, skirmish, or harass a Protoss player who plays defensively.

They're also asking for feedback on how to make mech more viable.

Yet no oracle nerf? Lol

Aaron

I remember Tasteless casting BW when he was the knowledgeable one. If they can get some of the old pros back, should be an amazing series.

Yoshichan

Stop making my pants all creamy, sam...

Aaron

Sounds like they're rounding up players who gave up SC2. Hopefully that means Bisu will show up too. If Flash and/or Jaedong find a chance to participate my shit will be lost.
They're doing well in SC2 now. I think it would be a mistake for them to BW. Leave it to the pros who couldn't make the transition. I'm holding out for Nada personally.

SamuraiX-

2014 WCS Season 1 America: Ladder Wildcard Qualifier happening right now!

Liquipedia bracket: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2014_WCS_Season_1_America/Qualifier/Ladder_Wildcard

Bomber, qxc, Illusion and Hitman are competing.

WCS America: http://www.twitch.tv/wcs_america
BaseTradeTV: http://www.twitch.tv/basetradetv

Rifkin was trying to get a Bomber game but apparently a lot of guys are showing up so he's gonna try to follow JonSnow through the bracket and that will eventually lead to Bomber.

Edit: LOL sWs made a comment to JonSnow before they started their match: "Whoever wins this goes on to be sacrificed to the god known as Bomber."

Gotta feel bad for anyone who got stuck in Bomber's part of the bracket.

Yoshichan

FANBOI

NEW AVATAR

WHAT

is that idra?

Yoshichan

Nice stalking bro! :mad:

WHY ARE YOU LURKING AND NOT CHATTING WITH US?!

Also, I don't post as often as I used to in here and I immediately get this reaction upon posting :(? I am disappointed!

Yoshichan

:I Fuck this I'm outta here

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Add 1 good Terran (fuck everything just Fantasy vs Jangbi again) and my dick is diamonds.
I will throw money at GOM for more seasons of BW.

REPOSTING GLORIOUS BW 2009 BATOO OSL MONTAGE

Watch that engagement at 1:45 minutes in. Better than the entirety of SC2 combined. And then 9 minutes in ;_;. And then at 20 we'll never see that micro of those next two engagements ;_;

Top Bottom