• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Can someone explain the WCS season 2 to me? I saw WCS America and saw players like Taeja and Scarlett in it. I see Premier league already has people in it. How did ppl get into Premier already?

SamuraiX-

Can someone explain the WCS season 2 to me? I saw WCS America and saw players like Taeja and Scarlett in it. I see Premier league already has people in it. How did ppl get into Premier already?

Top 8 from 2013 WCS Season 3 Premier League automatically qualified for 2014 WCS Season 1 Premier League.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What's this Starbow crap I'm hearing all about? Is it really SC2 BW?

SamuraiX-

Huge props to GOM:

wOQpP50.png

zAhuzAw.png

They were originally only gonna stream 6 of the 12 Code A groups and it looks like they actually acknowledged disappointment in the community because of how incredibly stacked Season 1 of Code A is looking.

First Code A group of 2014 is being broadcast in less than 24 hours: http://www.gomtv.net/forum/view.gom?topicid=302948&cid=0&kind=8

Aaron

I wish they streamed it on youtube like proleague. I know not many people watch on there, but it's the only easy way for me to watch at work. Watching on my phone = not fun.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is it cheating if i just send in old replays of my friend and i doing this :p. Honestly we do much crazier stuff than that.

SC2BW was just BW with updated graphics wasn't it? This is supposed to be more of a merger of the 2. Like SC2BW though it fails at that attempt.
Fails? People seem to love it!

Is anyone watching meta? I hope morrow isn't being serious here lol.

Fails? People seem to love it!

It's just come out and people like new things. There seem to be some pretty huge flaws that will become more obvious over time. Hopefully they continue to update it and make changes as it looks like it has promise.

Huge props to GOM:

wOQpP50.png

zAhuzAw.png

They were originally only gonna stream 6 of the 12 Code A groups and it looks like they actually acknowledged disappointment in the community because of how incredibly stacked Season 1 of Code A is looking.

First Code A group of 2014 is being broadcast in less than 24 hours: http://www.gomtv.net/forum/view.gom?topicid=302948&cid=0&kind=8

It won't just be this season either. With the amount of quality players code A will always be stacked. Surely they will be able to get enough viewers to cover the cost of broadcasting the games.

Zen

Banned
I just took a gander at the TL article explaining Starbow, and what is the point of having both stalkers and dragoons?

Last I heard stalkers are still in the game, they are weaker than in SCII but still have blink. There seems to be a lot less speed in Starbow for ground units, along with lower attack rates and damage? The Stalker feels like a unit that can work as a core unit at a disadvantage, but is free to be amazing for micro and harass without having to also be the core medium infantry unit in the composition for the Protoss.

Also, Starbow is nice, but I wouldn't say that it's the second coming of brood war or better than SCII/Hots as much as it is simply a different alternative. There are a lot of things in it that I'd love to see in LotV though :p

Also widow mines take so long that it's almost an argument for PDD.

Has anyone read that stuff about the GSL championship being crowd funded? I've got mixed feelings, ever since valve did this with DOTA2 i've wanted blizzard to try this with SC2. So from that perspective it's pretty exciting. My only problem is again with this tournament being limited to so few players and only including players who are already on top. I'd love to see an MLG tournament try something similar and give the fans real incentive to get involved. Something like the compendium, i think maybe blizz could try something for the finals at blizzcon even.

SamuraiX-

Sleep is a really nice pickup for KT. Undeniably the best Zerg player they've acquired in SC2. I expect him to take first in this group.

Sibylus

Banned
Need Starbow matches to watch, sounds interesting/great!

I remember wondering in one of these threads why nobody was doing this a while ago, hah.

Need Starbow matches to watch, sounds interesting/great!

I remember wondering in one of these threads why nobody was doing this a while ago, hah.

It's hard to make these mods let alone get people to test them. I'm glad someone is working on this though. I watched some today and it looks pretty good. Some of the units are a little ugly (my beautiful goons ;;) but overall it's pretty cool. Hopefully this thing picks up some steam.

Did protoss collectively drop a few dozen IQ points? None of them have been playing well lately.

This seems extremely likely.

Aaron

Watching a few matches of Starbow feels like they took Broodwar and threw in whatever they still liked from SC2 that wouldn't cock it up. As a result, while terran and zerg have some significant changes, protoss are completely different. I can see old BW protoss like Stork look at this and cry tears of frustration that this isn't SC2 proper.

Watching a few matches of Starbow feels like they took Broodwar and threw in whatever they still liked from SC2 that wouldn't cock it up. As a result, while terran and zerg have some significant changes, protoss are completely different. I can see old BW protoss like Stork look at this and cry tears of frustration that this isn't SC2 proper.

It's how SC2 should have been. It should have been more like an expansion of BW but with a hugely improved UI, online system, graphical system and so on. It would have allowed a much faster tranistion from BW to SC2 and allowed it to retain more of the old fans (which besides LoL was the biggest issue for SC2 in Korea imo). It's old history now though it's hard to say what could have been.

Sibylus

Banned
It's hard to make these mods let alone get people to test them. I'm glad someone is working on this though. I watched some today and it looks pretty good. Some of the units are a little ugly (my beautiful goons ;;) but overall it's pretty cool. Hopefully this thing picks up some steam.
This is true, I'm amused and pleased someone with the skills and interest was thinking similarly, and then did something about it. Hoping the hard work continues to be rewarded with attention and a modding boom.

SamuraiX-

To everyone wondering how to properly wall off on Daedalus Point:

1zeJyrC.jpg

I shit you not that Ruin just made Code S off this clown shoes play.

Is the OT ready? GG WP to Curious for going 4-0. But damn did Ruin really just proxy walloff Sleep and win with blink stalkers? LOL.

Soon. It'll definitely be ready before Code A Group A in a couple hours.

Aaron

Bah. Nothing compared to the fence of missile turrets Flash used to make in BW. Good thing they didn't count as supply or he wouldn't have had room for anything else.

This seems extremely likely.

Hey man sent you a PM about our Mass VR discussion, so make sure to check your box.

Just on the topic of OT's who came up with the idea for //: before the thread titles. It's an absolute god send and makes it so easy to find threads about SC2. I can't remember where it started though.

Hey man sent you a PM about our Mass VR discussion, so make sure to check your box.

Done. Thanks for the reply, sorry if i came off as a dick in that discussion as that wasn't really intended.

Just on the topic of OT's who came up with the idea for //: before the thread titles. It's an absolute god send and makes it so easy to find threads about SC2. I can't remember where it started though.

Done. Thanks for the reply, sorry if i came off as a dick in that discussion as that wasn't really intended.

Thanks for the reply back. No worries, if anything I was worried about coming off as a dick. But we are all good now. :)

<3

Thanks for the reply back. No worries, if anything I was worried about coming off as a dick. But we are all good now. :)

<3

Yeah well i'll be coming to you guys for some terran tips in the near future. Learning early to mid game terran seems like it may be difficult for me. I usually just cheese when i get terran as random lol. 6 rax allins and proxies can only get me so far lol.

Top Bottom