• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

zargle

Apparently, there is a Starbow tournament going on at the moment. I thought people may be interested given the conversation about it yesterday. Bunch of streams for it on the sidebar at TL.

SamuraiX-

Apparently, there is a Starbow tournament going on at the moment. I thought people may be interested given the conversation about it yesterday. Bunch of streams for it on the sidebar at TL.

Yeah, I was just about to post about it.

I'm watching on BaseTradeTV: http://www.twitch.tv/basetradetv

Looks incredibly interesting. Never even thought about SC2 not ever being able to have any tight choke points because of the fact that force fields exist.

I'm actually loving this. Definitely gonna follow wherever it goes in the future. I hope it gets enough of a fan reaction that Blizzard takes notice.

Aaron

I really wish Blizzard had the balls to remove force fields, but it'll never happen. Protoss instantly become more interesting.

SamuraiX-

I really wish Blizzard had the balls to remove force fields, but it'll never happen. Protoss instantly become more interesting.

I heard an idea somewhere regarding giving force fields HP so they can actually be destroyed. But yeah, fuck logic.

Also in Starbow: ONE GEYSER PER EXPO HYYYPE

SamuraiX-

If only Irradiate was somehow introduced into SC2. Would actually force players to control/micro mass Muta balls beyond just 1-A'ing them. What a concept!

Sibylus

Banned
Woke up to see this (assuming we're talking the same tournament) running. Wish granted!

SamuraiX-

5fsEvcW.png

<3

26 years old! One more year of Bomber swag!

Aaron

I think it still needs some fine tuning, but overall I like watching it a lot. If I didn't just finally get into Hearthstone beta, I'd probably be reinstalling SC2.

Sibylus

Banned
Yeah, I can't speak at all for how it plays, but as a spectator it's grabbing my attention at a time when vanilla sc2 becomes easier and easier to sort of tune out inadvertently.

zargle

"Has everyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

I just wanted to type that out to see if it made more sense. It did not.

Aylinato

O man,driest jasonng Nate Rick and I get to own people in 4v4 now I get an invite to hearthstone beta. What a damn good week for games for me.

Starbow definitely looks interesting. It just needs a fair bit of work in the way some units work and look. It needs the sort of fine tuning that it probably won't get as a mod. Still it's a good thing that it's getting so much attention and i hope blizzard pays attention to why.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
0xP07bp.jpg

Getting a new hobby. Gaming in general sucks ass.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuck PS3 and all it's successors.

Oh and fuck consoles overall.

SamuraiX-

Starbow definitely looks interesting. It just needs a fair bit of work in the way some units work and look. It needs the sort of fine tuning that it probably won't get as a mod. Still it's a good thing that it's getting so much attention and i hope blizzard pays attention to why.

Bold + underlined is key.

But after David Kim's response to the fan-made in-depth analysis video showcasing SC2 vs BW animations, I'm not holding my breath.

Zen

Banned
Fuck PS3 and all it's successors.

Oh and fuck consoles overall.

May I suggest you look into professional help for attempting to get to the root of how you suffer from extreme destructive rage. I don't mean that snidely, Yoshi! Though avoding or lessening triggers might not be a bad idea!

Yoshichan

There are no roots for it. I just dislike shitty games more than everyone else, and I show that in my own special way.

Bold + underlined is key.

But after David Kim's response to the fan-made in-depth analysis video showcasing SC2 vs BW animations, I'm not holding my breath.

It's a little different when you have thousands of people tuning into streams watching this mod and tons of people playing it. There are now even going to be tournaments for it. Surely if it keeps garnering more attention blizzard can't ignore it forever.

Then again they ignored DOTA until it became basically the biggest genre in gaming so who knows.

Yoshichan

I'm quoting the game that caused me to break it: DmC.

"Fuck you!"

"FUCK YOU!!"

"FUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOUUUUU BLLLLLAASSRGGGGFHHHH"

Zen

Banned
If you broke your controller because of how horrible DmC is then we're gud

DmC gets a lot of hate it doesn't deserve because of a lot of stuff that has nothing to do with the game itself, it's quite good even for/as a Devil May Cry game.

kasane

DmC gets a lot of hate it doesn't deserve because of a lot of stuff that has nothing to do with the game itself, it's quite good even for a Devil May Cry game.

I hate the characters so it made the experience unpleasant. The gameplay is ok tho

Top Bottom