• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Not early game maybe but late game.... Then again Range upgrades are separate from Melee which is a good thing.

Once they have a massive Muta count and don't need to build anymore then maybe. Until then even on 4 bases it'd be rough. If Zerg tries going for Muta/Hydra early then they'll get destroyed in mid game. Zerg is forced to go Ling/Baneling vs bio to defend in early game which would make teching into Hydra's at the same time as Muta's hard. Even if Zerg can afford everything Zerg loses 4 Ling/Banelings they would have for every Hydra they make, something I think most Terran would take.

kasane

http://drop.sc/371752

guys watch this.

i only wanted to play a casual game since it was already 10pm when i started, ended up turtling for quite a while and starved a zerg.

Zerg could have killed me in a number of different ways tho, played pretty bad myself

Edit: a couple of vipers could have killed me since i was literally starved on gas also he shouldnt have stopped spreading creep

Edit2: also he had 30 corruptors ;_;

Zen

Banned
Welp, only
Terrans in Code S

And There is only 1 Terran being sent out in the four matches of Proleague R1 Week5: Maru.

Honestly, Terrans have had to work harder than Protoss, consistently, to stay in the ring with and beat the best Protoss (that being the GSL/Proleague, etc) and since they've had to perform at a higher level over a longer period of time with a more unforgiving race, I think burnout is a definite factor here. Someone said a bit ago that 'Terrans are going through the same dismissive crap that Zerg and Protoss went through earlier in SCII' and I couldn't agree more. I hear a caster a few weeks ago say 'the real problem is that there just aren't as many skilled Terran players as there are Protoss', at least when that argument was made for Terran dominance (and it wasn't completely accurate) most people were actually playing Terran.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Gaf never get old. Being out at the bar all night then working the next morning is killing me. I wish I was 13 again like Holden.

Holden

Gaf never get old. Being out at the bar all night then working the next morning is killing me. I wish I was 13 again like Holden.

you wish not being able to play any games again...? what a boring child hood you must have had.

edit: try upgrading to europe, that might help, tool.

SamuraiX-

TaeJa vs MMA and Life vs INnoVation in Bo5s in the Warer.com Invitational Cup tomorrow.

lawd jesus

Also, Illusion somehow 2-0'd Scarlett in the MLG GameOn Invitational. Currently tied 1-1 with MajOr in the winners match in the game to decide who advances from the group first: http://www.gameon.gg/stream

This kid has really been getting good.

kasane

Yep. The ladder is absolutely a cold hearted bitch.

I've been denied Platinum so many times now because of asshole all-inners and cheesy tactics.

when i proxy 2 rax people always think im just an idiot and expand on ladder :lol. The dont look for the proxy

disclaimer: i only do this against toss

SamuraiX-

when i proxy 2 rax people always think im just an idiot and expand on ladder :lol. The dont look for the proxy

yh24gvb.jpg

disclaimer: i only do this against toss

jzBwBXP.jpg

SamuraiX-

iNcontroL for real just took a game over Scarlett just now on Heavy Rain... yeah, ok. She's either not taking this seriously or her conditioning is absolute shit.

tJyvveu.png

rofl

Cannot believe Scarlett lost that game lol.

Anyways hope Illusion takes it hands down vs whoever wins.

Gonna try playing SC2 again but I dunno if it will go well.

SamuraiX-

Hmm i cheese every game right now. To be fair though i do crazy cheese like building my whole base in my opponents natural.

#fuckthemeta

That sounds absolutely legendary, man. You should post a replay of one of those games. :D

Gonna try playing SC2 again but I dunno if it will go well.

Good luck, bro! Don't forget to try that Dream 8 supply Barracks into Bunker push in the main base of every Protoss you come across. I can say that it works to great effect! ;D

#fuckthemeta

That sounds absolutely legendary, man. You should post a replay of one of those games. :D

Good luck, bro! Don't forget to try that Dream 8 supply Barracks into Bunker push in the main base of every Protoss you come across. I can say that it works to great effect! ;D

Thanks bro! Will post replays of games that go well.

Also poor Illusion, banelings simply too good vs marines as they should be.

kasane

people prolonging games are the worst.

They're adding unnecessary work to my #RoadToMasters #RoadToBlizzcon #Hardwork #Dedication

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I've heard that Blizzard workpace is pretty bad (since 'they' reiterate so much), so combined with relocation + layoffs doesn't surprise me too much if they are trimming or refocusing.

Reading through that thread it doesn't sound too bad honestly. If the IPL staff have been laid off it's no surprise. They basically make no content and i'm not sure how blizzard could justify keeping them on. Sucks to see people losing their jobs though.

I'm surprised we haven't seen a massive restructure of blizzard in general just yet (even though they're starting). It looks like they're going to shy away from huge games for a bit and focus on more small teams which i would think is a pretty big change up.

Reading through that thread it doesn't sound too bad honestly. If the IPL staff have been laid off it's no surprise. They basically make no content and i'm not sure how blizzard could justify keeping them on. Sucks to see people losing their jobs though.

I'm surprised we haven't seen a massive restructure of blizzard in general just yet (even though they're starting). It looks like they're going to shy away from huge games for a bit and focus on more small teams which i would think is a pretty big change up.

They massively restructured their development on Titan and the WoW team has been trimmed down slowly.

SamuraiX-

Interview with Life after advancing to Code S:

It looked like you weren’t using Daedalus Point against Protoss players today.

Honestly, had I chosen that map then I would have had the confidence not to lose on it. But because I didn’t want to face an unorthodox strategy and because I didn’t want to advance through because of a map advantage, I decided not to choose it. Since my skills are not the best right now, I want to advance through purely on my skills alone, and not because of map advantages.

Mad respect.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Top Bottom