• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

lol Corran and at the new uniforms.

Anyways guys don't miss the Group of Death tonight with Maru vs Dear vs Soulkey vs some random Protoss.

I wish there was a way to upload replays without having to go through drop.sc

Then I would just link all my recent ones right here.

giri

lol Corran and at the new uniforms.

Anyways guys don't miss the Group of Death tonight with Maru vs Dear vs Soulkey vs some random Protoss.

I wish there was a way to upload replays without having to go through drop.sc

Then I would just link all my recent ones right here.

Maru's games were awesome. The series with Dear was so close.

Didn't manage to watch the end of zest / soulkey, fell asleep. But damn, zergs are dropping left and right at the moment.

Boken

Banned
those jackets are actually all the rage in korea right now

keep up with ur fashion guys

those NB long sleeves are disgusting though

Maru's games were awesome. The series with Dear was so close.

Didn't manage to watch the end of zest / soulkey, fell asleep. But damn, zergs are dropping left and right at the moment.

Fell asleep before his series vs Dear. That ridiculously early GG against Zest was hilarious, especially when seeing his face when he got caught.

SamuraiX-

JjIlxoc.png

BQbKbQG.png

FIrbk0v.jpg

ZeMwOIb.png

IXnj8eL.png

Streams

Syf

Banned
MLG would be cool. I wonder if they'd commit to the full WCS season though. They've been pretty flaky with the SC2 scene. Guessing it'll depend on how well MLG Anaheim goes this summer.

Zen

Banned
Oh well, he seemed like kind of stealth jerk lately, telling his viewers that they're stupid for asking a question and such.

And yes this game is awesome. Liquid Bunny isn't the same Bunny taht MKP is facing next in pro league is it?

And yes I <3 this game. :3 It has never been better actually.

Woorloog

Banned
Anyone playing on laptop and having overheating issues? (HotS campaign)
I capped framerate to 30 and dropped graphics options a bit but still my laptop runs hot, near the auto-shutdown temp.
Didn't have this issue last year with this same laptop.

(HP laptop by the way. And yes, i know they run hot).
EDIT notes: nVidia GPU, cleaned vents but didn't help.

EDIT if it is just me, then my laptop's fan is borked or damaged or underperforming.

EDIT nevermind, issue solved. High Shadows to Medium and the issue is gone. This laptop has kind crappy engineering though, since can't use GPU at 100% without overheating...

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
@HolyCheck: I think you may find this useful in a couple of weeks. :)

SC2 Pro League Event Location

many thanks!

I've started making a map of where my hotels are and pro league and GSL.

i've got it pretty sweet lol. same train line for both GSL and proleague, and my hotels are all right in the middle of the two (one or two train stations to the studios)

so far my schedule of starcraft is this :D (and a few other things im doing!)

18th: Proleague, Jin Air Green Wings vs Prime, MVP v Samsung Galaxy
19th: GSL: sOs vs Zest, Life vs Maru
20th: Panmunjom / DMZ tour!
21st: GSL: Classic/Squirtle/Parting/Rain vs herO, Classic/Squirtle/Parting/Rain vs soO
22nd: touristy things in seoul city centre
23rd: Proleague: Incredible Miracle vs KT Rolster, CJ Entus vs SK Telecom T1
24th: Proleague: Prime vs KT Rolster, CJ Entus vs MVP
26th: GSL: Semifinals
27th: ZOO!
28th, 29th undecided!

the timing of proleague and GSL are great, given theyre around 6pm, will have the full day to do things as well before hand! so if you see a white guy falling asleep o nthe stream its me

Anyone playing on laptop and having overheating issues? (HotS campaign)
I capped framerate to 30 and dropped graphics options a bit but still my laptop runs hot, near the auto-shutdown temp.
Didn't have this issue last year with this same laptop.

(HP laptop by the way. And yes, i know they run hot).
EDIT notes: nVidia GPU, cleaned vents but didn't help.

EDIT if it is just me, then my laptop's fan is borked or damaged or underperforming.

EDIT nevermind, issue solved. High Shadows to Medium and the issue is gone. This laptop has kind crappy engineering though, since can't use GPU at 100% without overheating...

I used to play this game either on ultra or high until the release of HOTS at which point anything above low for everything would make it overheat (and even then team games can still do it). I've tried all the fixes and nothing works. I've just gotten used to low settings.

I'm planning on making my first brand spanking new PC though. Think i'm finally going to commit to going PC only.

Zen

Banned
Hey thanks, maybe I missed these but I always wonder why tournaments do not make the brackets easier to find online.

Well 3/4th is another very strong finish for TLO. He seems to be in such a strong place these days.

SamuraiX-

Hey thanks, maybe I missed these but I always wonder why tournaments do not make the brackets easier to find online.

Well 3/4th is another very strong finish for TLO. He seems to be in such a strong place these days.

TeamLiquid has made it much more user-friendly. Just check out the home page, look to the right at the events tab and just click on the
efZysSb.png
icons whenever a tournament is running. :)

jjakji vs TLO 3rd place match on now!

Edit: jjakji definitely looks shaken. TLO embarrassed him in the first 2 1/2 games... then jjakji with a miraculous comeback in Game 3. He might have recollected his mojo!

hoverX

Started playing SC2 again. I've never been really any good but laddering is really hard now. There is no one at my skill level. I'm currently 0-8 because I keep getting matched against much better players...

SamuraiX-

Started playing SC2 again. I've never been really any good but laddering is really hard now. There is no one at my skill level. I'm currently 0-8 because I keep getting matched against much better players...

What league were you placed in?

You can pretty much win games in Bronze-Gold EZ if you just keep building workers and avoid getting supply blocked.

hoverX

I was placed in Bronze. I think I need to learn what matches up well against what. My play style is basically, build a fair sized army of whatever i want, then go all in.

Woorloog

Banned
Checked my achievements, and rewards.
Rewards are fucked up, "Ghost Kerrigan" shows Stukov and other mismatches. Anyone else have this issue?

Achievements: I have a Feat of Strength, Top 50 1v1 Bronze (obtained/unlocked a few days ago apparently). Was kind of surprised, considering i played only a few matches... last year...

SamuraiX-

I was placed in Bronze. I think I need to learn what matches up well against what. My play style is basically, build a fair sized army of whatever i want, then go all in.

Yeah, definitely find at least one build order specific for each matchup and practice mastering those.

You can post your replays here and anything you might be struggling with. Plenty of people would be happy to help and offer tips. :)

Zen

Banned
So much for me watching much StarCraft 2 anymore.

All of the games are put up on their youtube channel, and you can watch the full events in their twitch archive if you subscribe.

Worst case scenario, you use the spoiler free SCII sub reddit (even then roleague results are not spoilered on reddit) and watch the vods the next day instead.

Top Bottom