• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Zen

Banned
There are a couple tricks to mech that I would like to see BByong incorporate. One is, circumstantially, if your opponent is going carriers, you should make turret blocks behind or around the thing the carriers will attack (so a Planetary for example). This way your missile turrets will be able to attack and kill interceptors because of how the interceptors coming in range will agro multiple turrets. If you just have turrets spread out they will not kill interceptors (or kill them very very poorly).

In this way you are at least costing the protoss money, in forcing them to rebuild interceptors constantly.

Syf

Banned
The current test map changes (thor, widow mine, time warp) are going forward into a patch: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/13507811292#1

Hello everyone,

Thank you for playing on the balance test map and giving us detailed feedback on not only the current changes being tested but also the previous changes that were discussed and tested. After gathering more feedback, playtesting in more detail, and analyzing recent games at the highest level, we’ve decided that we’d like to implement a balance patch with the changes that are currently being tested.

We believe the Thor change is effective and will be quite safe, while the Widow Mine change is significant and pushes the strength of the unit to the point that it’s a major threat. The Time Warp change will also have a significant impact, however, we feel that both the strength of Protoss and weakness of Terran in the highest level tournaments has continued a bit too long and we’d like to act with a bigger set of changes this time around.

While we feel these changes are significant, we’ve also heard feedback that they may not be drastic enough. In either case, we feel there is a higher than normal chance that current strategies will be heavily impacted. We’ll be watching closely after the patch is released to make sure that everything is going as expected with Protoss and Terran and we’ll focus our efforts in the coming weeks to make sure the game is in a better state. Thank you for everyone’s help, and we look forward to seeing the results of the next patch soon.

Aaron

He had some decent results with widow mines and ppds, though he needed to take out the observers sooner. Problem with turrets is the tempest can take them out quick while out of their range. Terran lacks a good air counter when protoss also have storms and stalkers.

Zen

Banned
I really feel like thors should have a toggle for prioritizing air or ground, their warmup time is really high.

Syf

Banned
Lol a 14 year old just made WCS America Premier League after a failed 8 Gate because the Zerg didn't do shit after it.
That game was ridiculous and awesome because of how much they were both failing lol.

Also Psione just posted that we can expect the balance patch to release before the end of this week.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
david kim? more like david KING

Syf

Banned
Hyype. He's gonna have some buffs to work with too!

I hate that sentry drop into the main though. Starting to see it often and it just happened again. One quick force field on the ramp and zerg watches their base die to warp-ins. #justprotossthings

Syf

Banned
Inno looked so solid tonight especially in that last game. That's terran #5 in code S. With 6 left to play in code A we might finally have a decent number advancing.

Aaron

Inno looked so solid tonight especially in that last game. That's terran #5 in code S. With 6 left to play in code A we might finally have a decent number advancing.
Supernova has been good about getting into Code S, Bunny has been doing pretty well in proleague lately, but Reality or aLive would be a surprise. Fantasy has not played on camera in a while so completely unknown, but if he plays post patch he'll be in a good place to advance.

Zen

Banned
IM seems like it is done

MVP
Squirtle
Trap

All leaving

Also SuperNova has joined Root. Not sure how I feel about SuperNova joining such a slimey organization, hopefully they have the funds to send him to foreign events.

Aaron

Supernova is out first due to surprise muta swarm. He built a ton of turrets, but unfortunately they were in the wrong place.

Syf

Banned
They're fixing the spawns for Deadwing and Foxtrot Labs! Much needed changes imo.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/13570446982#1

Thank you for your feedback on the current season maps. After checking out the initial games being played on the new maps and considering the changes that we have lined up for the upcoming balance patch, we agree with popular community and pro players suggestions that some map spawn locations need adjusting. We’ll be looking to make the following changes:

1. Deadwing LE horizontal spawns disabled.
2. Foxtrot Labs LE diagonal spawns only.

In addition to these spawn location changes, we’ll be updating the map description text on these maps to offer details on the spawning locations. We’ll be trying to make these changes along with the balance patch soon. Thank you.

Haven't caught up on Proleague yet but terrible games from herO. Going Phoenix on a small map blind is probably the worst build you can do in PvP. Then going Oracle so late in game 2 was never going to do much other than scout since Super had plenty of Warpgates to deal with it plus full energy on his Mothership Core.

Syf

Banned
Man that sensor tower. Soo useful in a blink defense. I feel like such a potato for never considering that lol.

That's 6 Terran into Code S so far. There'll very likely be 7 and possibly up to 10. Zerg haven't been doing well with only 4 out of 12 advancing so far but two should make it out tonight.

Bbyong is very likely. He's been killing it lately. Bunny and Fantasy are maybes. I'd normally say no for aLive, but he often defies expectations.

Fantasy has the best chance out of the other 3. He only has to worry about one match up and no one in his group is that great.

Aaron

Fantasy has the best chance out of the other 3. He only has to worry about one match up and no one in his group is that great.
Not to mention his teammates are Rain, Classic, and Parting. Three of the best protosses in the whole world, but haven't not seen him play in a relatively long time I can't count on his chances.

Top Bottom