• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Zen

Banned
By the time Blizzard rebuffs the widow mine protoss and zerg will be crying that the MU has balanced itself pre nerf out just like Zerg got to 50/50 winrate versus Terran right before the mine buff first went into effect.

Man that sensor tower. Soo useful in a blink defense. I feel like such a potato for never considering that lol.

When I go mech I sensor tower the shit out of the map XD You basically have to versus protoss.

Aaron

What is going on? Bunny is playing sloppy terran, and he's one game away from advancing.

Bunny would have definitely won that series if he didn't keep burning his army on small drops. Like a protoss playing terran.

Zen

Banned
That was impressive. The game is in such a good place right now.

Unfiltered 62 in 6 hours.

WATCH LIVE TwitchTV OR ChanManVTV

Hosts: ChanManV, Destiny and Richard Lewis
Guests: Cody Conners and Heyoka
Show Date/Time: Today 17:00 EDT / 23:00 CEST

Topics:

IEM / DH
Destiny One, The Big One, Gfinity
TI4
LoL News
Q&A
"Unfiltered" is a show where ChanManV, Destiny, and guests will discuss several topics in the eSport/gaming/anything industry each week. The goal is to get some interesting discussions/debates going with the viewers and communities while having a relaxed fun time. We may also have special community guests from time to time. We will be taking questions from this Reddit thread and stream chat towards the end of the episode.

POST ALL YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!

Zen

Banned
I have been refining how I mech and in my last 15 games I am 14/15 in TvP. Its not even something cheesy like 8 gas hellion (which is not an all in FYI, you can get two relatively fast CC and defend reactionary 1 base play), it is 12 gas 13 rax opener.

Hopefully it will be enough to get me back to masters.

Fuchsdh

So really LTTP, but I finally started playing through HotS campaign. God dammit, I wish the SC2 story just didn't exist. So much nonsense and retcons.

Carry on.

Zen

Banned
The single player campaign for WoL and Hots have permanently marred Starcraft. It was always very quick to shift gears in the original because of the amount of missions, but it was never overplayed, poorly written, and stupid.

Syf

Banned
Yeah, honestly I find the writing in all Blizzard's latest games to be pretty bad. The missions were designed well though imo. I liked playing through both of the campaigns.

I didn't notice the writing in Wings of Liberty being that bad but I haven't played it in awhile. It was bad in Heart of the Swarm though. Their writing in Mists of Pandaria though was pretty damn good.

Damn Bbyong threw that game badly. He got so far ahead sniping the main and 3rd but had 0 chance against Trap's army straight up. He needed to back away and get a 3rd base and Ghosts.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
At least the campaigns are good as hell. Beat HotS 4 times (Brutal included) in the first (3) launch days. Sooo good.

Can't wait to play op toss in LotV.

Fuchsdh

Yeah, honestly I find the writing in all Blizzard's latest games to be pretty bad. The missions were designed well though imo. I liked playing through both of the campaigns.

I didn't notice the writing in Wings of Liberty being that bad but I haven't played it in awhile. It was bad in Heart of the Swarm though. Their writing in Mists of Pandaria though was pretty damn good.

Damn Bbyong threw that game badly. He got so far ahead sniping the main and 3rd but had 0 chance against Trap's army straight up. He needed to back away and get a 3rd base and Ghosts.

Yeah it's a shame, because WoL and HotS mission variety is exceptional. Compared to the original where you just had "build a base and kill the other guys" and "run through a maze and survive", it's pretty revelatory, and a step up from WC3. But turning the plot into "ancient evil bad guy has been running the show all along" is just weak, and broke my interest in the series.

HotS also just seems interested in backpedaling what it did in the previous game, so I'd love to know what the original single-game plot was going to be like.

Yeah it's a shame, because WoL and HotS mission variety is exceptional. Compared to the original where you just had "build a base and kill the other guys" and "run through a maze and survive", it's pretty revelatory, and a step up from WC3. But turning the plot into "ancient evil bad guy has been running the show all along" is just weak, and broke my interest in the series.

Even though the missions are clearly superior in SC2 i still enjoyed them more in the original because i enjoyed the story, characters and general feel of the universe. There were missions where the story was progressing in some way which was actually interesting. That plus the music and sound effects just made the campaign that much atmospheric.

Zen

Banned
Holy crap holy crap holy crap guys dont forget and the Proleague playoffs

JINAIR vs KT Playoffs Round 1 Set 1 Matchups
INAIR vs KT Playoffs Round 1 Set 1 (07/29, 7:00 p.m KST)

Game 1 : [T] Maru vs [P] Stats - Out Boxer
Game 2 : [P] Terminator vs [T] FlaSh - King Sejong Station
Game 3 : [Z] True vs [P] MyuNgSik - Overgrowth
Game 4 : [T] Cure vs [T] TY - Merry Go Round
Game 5 : [P] sOs vs [P] Zest - Frost
Game 6 : [Z] Rogue vs [Z] Action - Habitation Station

ACE : Out Boxer

Also latest Unfiltered is out!
Unfiltered #62 w/ ChanManV, Destiny, Richard Lewis, and Heyoka Pt. 1
http://youtu.be/4tj1IjjPPaQ?list=PLvKV_Qc64JR8r_N43r2-4dRT1ziZOp5S8

Zen

Banned
GSL Code S this season
Protoss Protoss (16) Terran Terran (7) Zerg Zerg (9)

It is an improvement!

At least now I will have a lot of TvP to study (when I feel like going bio here and there)

Syf

Banned
Wonder if they're waiting for this Basetrade TV tournament to be over. The patch was supposed to have gone live at 10 AM PST, about an hour ago. Anyone have it update yet?

zargle

Wonder if they're waiting for this Basetrade TV tournament to be over. The patch was supposed to have gone live at 10 AM PST, about an hour ago. Anyone have it update yet?

I thought I heard the BasetradeTV people talk about it and say that it was already applied? Or I may have hallucinated that.

Pretty big drop off in Zerg in code S this season. Went from 14 last season to 9 this season, with 4 of them automatically qualified from making the round of 8.

Syf

Banned
Watching some streams today, I think time warp only lasting ~7 real seconds is going to make PvX matches much more watchable for me. Could not be any more sick of that spell deciding games lol. Excited to see where the meta is by the end of this season heading into Blizzcon.

Btw if anyone was watching or playing earlier in the day, there was a bug with the widow mine and the +40 shield damage wasn't being applied to the splash. They say it's fixed now.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ok so I'm reading that you can get three achievements because of the fourth anniversary...

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/14...-sso&utm_medium=other&utm_source=App#comments

Nr7jeTK.jpg

I played a game and only got the right one (protoss). Anyone know how to get the terran/zerg achievement?

Syf

Banned
Think you get all 3 portraits at once but they just show the toss one in the achievement. Or something.

Edit: Yeah I just unlocked it. There's one achievement that grants you all three portraits.

Yoshichan

Ok so you got the "My Slice Four Aiur" achievement, right?

Edit: YAY! The portraits are unlocked today :) Didn't work yesterday.

Jeez, MMA vs Snute. MMA wins @ AcerCup.

Why the hell don't pro terrans ever repair their medivacs. MMA had like 10 medivas under 25% health @.@

Syf

Banned
Bug. Happens sometimes but ever since this birthday patch went live I've been getting it a lot more often. They say they're looking into it but for now you should try logging in again, or restarting the game.

When did opening Oracle get so popular in PvZ? If scouted (which it is 90% of the time) it barely does anything and almost always leads into a Void Ray and 3rd base.

When did opening Oracle get so popular in PvZ? If scouted (which it is 90% of the time) it barely does anything and almost always leads into a Void Ray and 3rd base.

I'm not totally sure but i think it's just for the map dominance you get with an oracle. You can use it to clear lings out from the map and watch towers. That plus it's really effective at killing any large ling runbys attempting to cancel your third whereas phoenix and VR's basically do nothing against that.

I don't think they open oracle with the intention of really killing too many drones (though that is a bonus).

After the hatch rush, nothing else seemed all that crazy.

I missed the first 3 games from the replay on Twitch but I'm going to watch them now.

Edit: Lol at game 3. True actually did something similar a few weeks ago where he hatch blocked 3 times, Evo blocked twice, and then stole gas with one drone.

Great move by Flash showing the 3rd CC and then canceling it. sOs got greedy and had no army to deal with his push.

Mass Roach is surprisingly cheap to make. One decent trade against Terran and you can remake your army much faster than they can.

So stupid of Jin Air playing Maru 6th.

Syf

Banned
Jin Air eliminated without Maru even getting a chance to play. t.t

Lots of great players in the grand final though. Definitely staying up for that one.

Zen

Banned
MKP is streaming!

META Podcast #23 - Artosis/Harstem/Morrow/Xenocider

Unfiltered #63 today 5pm EDT/11pm CEST w/ ChanManV, Destiny, Richard Lewis and Cody Conners (starts 5 hours from post)

Hosts: ChanmanV, Destiny and Richard Lewis
Guests: Cody Conners
Show Date/Time: Today 17:00 EDT / 23:00 CEST

Topics:

Nation Wars
Starcraft 2 Patch
ESPN
MLG/EG CoD
LoL LMQ
Q&A
"Unfiltered" is a show where ChanmanV, Destiny, Richard Lewis and guests will discuss several topics in the eSport/gaming/anything industry each week. The goal is to get some interesting discussions/debates going with the viewers and communities while having a relaxed fun time. We may also have special community guests from time to time. We will be taking questions from this Reddit thread and stream chat towards the end of the episode.

Hey, Hey guys.

I think we are going to make it to 20k posts before LotV is out.

Top Bottom