• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Holden

dammit yoshi test the dlc :(

gez3mnu.gif

kasane

Brood war is best

Those korean skills back then were even more legit compared to now

And oh i found a lan shop here in toronto, havent played dota or sc in almost a month

Gotta drop by there sometime

Zen

Banned
I dunno i did not find it all that different from modern tvz. In fact I can think of a couple TvZs this year with SCII that were a lot more entertaining. Not that the game was boring.

kasane

I dunno i did not find it all that different from modern tvz. In fact I can think of a couple TvZs this year with SCII that were a lot more entertaining. Not that the game was boring.
Mechanics are different tho since you have to micro everything differently

Damn just realized how balanced Code S is this year. So far we have 4 Terran, 4 Protoss, and 4 Zerg in round of 16 with 3 Protoss, 3 Zerg, and 2 Terran left to play.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
i've barely been following SC2 at all since I got back from korea in march...

i just sat and went through the TL page of transfers.

kinda depressing, IM and MVP gutted.

:(

what happened to IM? i did a quick bit of googling but didnt seem to see anything.

Syf

Banned
i've barely been following SC2 at all since I got back from korea in march...

i just sat and went through the TL page of transfers.

kinda depressing, IM and MVP gutted.

:(

what happened to IM? i did a quick bit of googling but didnt seem to see anything.
MVP has already signed a bunch of new players though, I think they just wanted to make a big change. IM.. I dunno, kinda feels like they're done. ByuL, Trap, Squirtle, Mvp, YongHwa and Ruin all left. But even if they do fold, StarTale is going to be in proleague next season.

Syf

Banned
W-what?? Didn't know qualifiers for that are starting tonight. My most anticipated tournament of the year outside of Blizzcon. A 7000 WCS point event, big as they get, only the 2nd one this year. I know what I'm doing tonight.

survivor

Banned
Stork played really sloppy in the first match.

edit: and JD is knocked out, lost to Departure. Man this year has been really bad for him, lots of disappointments.

Syf

Banned
Rooting for any terrans and zergs in the qualifiers because 6 protoss are already in the main event thanks to WCS results.

Think Flash and Maru might be heading for a showdown soon in group 8.

Really enjoying huk and moonglade casting. Dat widow mine placement by MVP, wish he could get back to his best ;;.

Stork played really sloppy in the first match.

edit: and JD is knocked out, lost to Departure. Man this year has been really bad for him, lots of disappointments.

Problem is JD simply isn't as good as the top zergs in SC2 and playing outside of Korea will only see him struggle more.

Rooting for any terrans and zergs in the qualifiers because 6 protoss are already in the main event thanks to WCS results.

Think Flash and Maru might be heading for a showdown soon in group 8.

Flash and maru in the same group again, can't seem to avoid each other. Sucks for this tournament. It's a shame that this tournament is so stacked with protoss already. Hopefully a decent amount of zergs and terran qualify or it could ruind what would otherwise be an amazing tournament.

We need more big standalone events in Korea to help with the games popularity. Also gives the players more of a chance as right now it's basically WCS or pro league.

Striek

Started playing SC2 again. Making me QQ about storms when archon/zealot already shreds bio. Ah well, gotta practice more, getting demolished by diamond scrubs on Korea ;;

Syf

Banned
Damn, nevermind Maru lost. Flash TvZ up next though, hopefully they put it on stream.

Edit: Yep they're casting it! Hell yeah.

Started playing SC2 again. Making me QQ about storms when archon/zealot already shreds bio. Ah well, gotta practice more, getting demolished by diamond scrubs on Korea ;;

Archon/Zealot is pretty bad against bio without Colossi. A few decent EMP's and you barely need to kite. Widow Mines also destroy that comp.

Syf

Banned
Yeah, he's looking so sharp these days. Excellent army control in that game too.

Effort playing awesome as well in game 2. Just a great match by both players.

Zen

Banned
So much back and forth that game.

lol someone in twitch chat "Patch terrans disgust me"

Calling Flash a "Patch Terran"

Flash barely able to pull it out in the good old "I am dead and the Zerg just blew his army" timing window.

Awesome games from flash. Really hope he can make it through here.

I can't really play at the moment due to where i'm living but i would love to get back into it. Just out of interest do you use many mines or hellbats? I'm still pretty inexperienced with terran but personally i love adding in factory units to my bio especially againts protoss. Only played plat-diamond NA so not anywhere near as hard as that but i it worked well for me.

Zen

Banned
few more widow mines instead of the extra hellions, or raise one natural main choke bunker and block with hellions for some stacked shots.

Top Bottom