• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Skab

for real? so stupid....

like everybody on est is going to have to wait to play this until like tomorrow evening now

Nothing new. Not that it doesn't suck for east coasters.

I know a few people staying up regardless though. Or in the case of one friend, going to bed/waking up early to play a few hours before work.

Svafnir

IqPeEVi.jpg

wont let me switch

people starting to complain on bnet forums. diablo 3 all over again.

Yeah it's not for an hour and half.

Proven

for real? so stupid....

like everybody on est is going to have to wait to play this until like tomorrow evening now

I await the day when big games like this prioritize digital releases. Then this can be on Friday night/Saturday morning and I won't care about waiting for those living-in-the-past West Coast people.

(._.)

Banned
Nothing new. Not that it doesn't suck for east coasters.

I know a few people staying up regardless though. Or in the case of one friend, going to bed/waking up early to play a few hours before work.

WoL was live at midnight iirc :[

most games go live at midnight. so dumb.

calder

WoL was live at midnight iirc :[

most games go live at midnight. so dumb.

I don't think so, I remember all the modern Bnet games being 12am PT. Definitely Diablo 3 was the same. It's only been fairly recently that Steam started doing local midnight unlocks, a few years ago a lot of Steam games only unlocked at 12 PT too, but Blizzard isn't really setup to do that I don't think, it's not simply a matter of letting the game unlock for them. :\

Tacitus_

People still don't understand timezones? Blizz turns on the servers at the same time on a continent. I couldn't play until 1AM either and the ruskies had to wait til 2:00 (or more if they lived further east). OTOH, brits should've been able to boot it up at 23:00.

(._.)

Banned
I don't think so, I remember all the modern Bnet games being 12am PT. Definitely Diablo 3 was the same. It's only been fairly recently that Steam started doing local midnight unlocks, a few years ago a lot of Steam games only unlocked at 12 PT too, but Blizzard isn't really setup to do that I don't think, it's not simply a matter of letting the game unlock for them. :\

I wont say I'm 100% sure but I remember WoL being ready at midnight. I recall playing with my friend when I got home.

Sibylus

Banned
Would be nice if some tournaments picked up take command and ran with it as its own kinda mini-bracket. Maybe a fun way to determine seeding?

just watched the flash vs live game. well if that's what we can look forward too... god damn

though i gotta say one thing that still bothers me as a long time BW fan/player/watcher is the ridiculous speed of starcraft 2

Danj

Mine shipped from Amazon UK at 1:12am! Cutting it a bit close aren't we Amazon, I hope it gets here in time! Apparently it's in Birmingham at the moment.

Keikaku

Well, HotS just became the first game in a long that I've double dipped on. I can't wait until 10PM tomorrow to play this thing.

Haunted

That Take Command feature actually is pretty cool. Great for showmatches.

Does it also create a replay when someone d/cs from battle.net? So essentially no more regames?

Neki

Not sure if I should buy, I'd primarily play for the single player.

I guess I'll sit on the fence all day tomorrow while I'm out.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
EU SERVERS ARE UP!

GOGOGOGOGOGOGO
Enjoy, everyone :3.
OMG I just saw the game between Flash and Life. FUCKING INSANITY! This is one of the best Starcraft 2 games of all time easily.
Told you it was a great, great game!
Kripparrian is really fucking bad at Starcraft.

Like, holy fuck.
People honestly can't be expecting him to be good at a game he's never played before, right? RIGHT? Besides, Kripp is a very intelligent player, he makes so many different things with math and calculations. SC isn't really a game based on math.
Getting it next week. Gotta orswr my mechanical keyboard first. Awwwwww yesaaaaaaaa
I was wondering where the heck you were!

Nitsuj23

I decided to play the WoL campaign before I buy HotS since I've never beaten it. Right now I can't even log in to battle.net, though. If I beat the game "offiline" will I still get the badge in my profile showing I've beat the campaign?

I know it's silly, but it's kind of pointless to play if I don't get recognition for beating it. And why wouldn't I be able to play WoL campaign right now anyway, bad timing!

(._.)

Banned
I'm still up :[

might as well get two hours in. seriously blizzard, why? why couldn't you have unlocked it at the time a game should go live? ughhh :[

fallagin

Oh man... fuck snow!
almost 1800KM of traffic, which means the entirety in Belgium is just stuck....

You were going to go pick up the game? That sucks.

Edit: on another note, I was playing against the ai today in wol and the ai seems to be alot smarter than before. The protoss sentries actually use force fields now to block their ramp!!

Top Bottom