• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Tacitus_

:lol :lol :lol
This just happened:
lUxf4Cz.gif

calder

I thought I'd go to bed early and get up at a decent time tomorrow as it's my last day off and I have some errands to run and yet here I am.

Keen reads my post and says, gj nub
ibjEiElQFDFOKq.gif

calder

Wow, it says Bnet disconnected but it's letting me play in offline mode. Fair enough!

EDIT: tried again and I'm in! Best online launch ever! ;)

profit

You were going to go pick up the game? That sucks.

Edit: on another note, I was playing against the ai today in wol and the ai seems to be alot smarter than before. The protoss sentries actually use force fields now to block their ramp!!

No, just going to work...
I doubt that there will be much work though since I'm the only person who leaves early when there will be weather like that and since there are report that people who left this morning at 3 am, are arriving at their jobs at 8 a.m., I doubt some of my colleagues will be arriving today.

Moff

Am I really the only one who managed to kind of enjoy WoLs story? now that I am reading it up again I remember that I was quite intrigued by it when I played it, the whole dark voice, hybrid, xel naga, narud/duran, kerrigan must not be killed stuff was pretty cool. the ending sucked though. not really because of what happened but rather because of how it was presented.
gotta admit though, I dont care about video game stories as much as others (I have yet to see a single real good story in a videogame), I certainly loved sc2s campaign because of the gameplay.

calder

Am I really the only one who managed to kind of enjoy WoLs story? now that I am reading it up again I remember that I was quite intrigued by it when I played it, the whole dark voice, hybrid, xel naga, narud/duran, kerrigan must not be killed stuff was pretty cool. the ending sucked though. not really because of what happened but rather because of how it was presented.
gotta admit though, I dont care about video game stories as much as others (I have yet to see a single real good story in a videogame), I certainly loved sc2s campaign because of the gameplay.

I enjoy the story, but the dialogue is godawful and some of the characters are irritating as hell. But the overall setting and main thrust of the plot is very enjoyable to me.

And now, to play some campaign. Woot!

Boken

Banned
Why cant the HOTS expac be free for multiplayer. I dont want to play no stupid campaign and get dumb achivement points

Having to pay for the expac to simply keep up with the multiplayer is so archaic and simply fractures their game even more

#esportssc2 is fucked. How can blizz keep up with the exposure of F2P mobas when you have to pay for 1 game and 2 expacs just to maintain the status quo

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
gl hf everyone

Billen

Banned
Why cant the HOTS expac be free for multiplayer. I dont want to play no stupid campaign and get dumb achivement points

Having to pay for the expac to simply keep up with the multiplayer is so archaic and simply fractures their game even more

#esportssc2 is fucked. How can blizz keep up with the exposure of F2P mobas when you have to pay for 1 game and 2 expacs just to maintain the status quo

Devotion.

Mairu

I enjoy the story, but the dialogue is godawful and some of the characters are irritating as hell. But the overall setting and main thrust of the plot is very enjoyable to me.

And now, to play some campaign. Woot!

I share your opinion about the story. Played the first two missions... want to play more but I should sleep before work :[

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I wouldn't say LoL is more or less competitive by design. they have different design philosophies, and perhaps those may have effects on the complexity of the game, but I'd say both are primarily about working as a team within the ruleset rather than one being less competitive than the other. Both can be entertaining to watch.

DotA philosophy - many many mechanics to learn, counter OP stuff with more OP stuff. You probably don't know as much as you could about the game even after 50+ hours. Extremely difficult to get into.

LoL philosophy - DotA is a good game, but we want to make a different game. It's too confusing for new players. We want to make skills clear even if you haven't read the text, so new players have an easier time figuring out what enemies are doing to them. This means eliminating skills like Rupture and hero designs like Invoker. We'll also do away with things like the denying or last hitting of towers, secret shop, long lane/short lane, couriers, high ground, turn speed, runes on the map, buyback, multiple-unit control, or captain's pick mode. Instead, we'll add brush, more static objectives, put it on a smaller map

I'd say the main thing that holds back my desire to play LoL is their business decision to lock heroes except for a rotating free-to-play pool every week. It's working for them, so I can't knock it, but I look at dota 2 and I don't have to waste time unlocking heroes, which makes the game more attractive to me, on top of the differences that I outlined above.

Damn someone likes Riot kool aid.

Keikaku

I realized that I deleted my saves when I uninstalled Wings of Liberty a couple of weeks back and now my story choices didn't carry over :(

Having fun so far, though I'm only 4 missions in. There is definitely a more swarm-like feel to the units, especially with their evolution paths. Good stuff!

fanboi

Banned
Oh oh.

I haven't played WoL since... well since I got in the beta for HOTS which was in the first wave.

Long download ahead!

Top Bottom