• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Syf

Banned
I kinda want snute to win game 5 after how impressive he was in the first two and all tournament really

idk

I'm conflicted lol just be a good one

Syf

Banned
Poor snute :(

Hell of a series though, I loved that. Flash vs Taeja in the semi-finals
vwG6WwZ.png

Syf

Banned
Oh IEM just tweeted that the last quarterfinal will be played tomorrow morning. Life vs First is the last match today

Syf

Banned
Yeah kinda sucks. Was hoping they'd wrap up the quarterfinals today. Whoever wins that last quarter is gonna get less time to prepare for the semi too

kasane

If first got the drone isnt that effectively a draw?

I mean he could have rushed it and forever hide

Life had no minerals left to drone up?

Am i the only one seeing it like this

Syf

Banned
Yeah I think that's why they called it a draw, all first had to do was rush the drone and nobody could win

unless first used the carriers to bait spore shots while the voids took them out.. idk, maybe

I still don't get why Roach/Hydra isn't more popular in ZvT. If you let Terran scout your Roach Warren you'll likely end up with better upgrades until Terran gets 3/3.

Syf

Banned
Well he's already guaranteed 375 from IEM, 200 from GSL and 250 from kespa cup so really he's at 1200 right now even if he loses every match for the rest of the year. Blizzcon cutoff last year was 3200 so he's got to place well in the three events, especially GSL and kespa cup. Definitely still has a shot at blizzcon but it will be tough.

There is one more WCS event before blizzcon though.. dreamhack stockholm, a 4000 point event. I imagine he might attend as long as it doesn't conflict with anything.

also proleague seriously needs to be able to award WCS points next year. Maybe an amount per win? idk, but it's such a high caliber league that it's a bit ridiculous to not award any points. The players who stay in korea to compete each week have next to no chance at blizzcon.

Edit: actually looks like those 200 GSL points are already included for Flash, so he's at 1000 right now not 1200.

Kasane. I'm sorry I couldn't get in touch. I was at 3rd row first seat to the right of the middle. Intend to be there again tomorrow. Was afraid to use data as it costa a ton for me. Have wifi in the hotel. Well be in a yellow super mario shirt.

Games were amazing holy shit. I have so many pics. This is the highest point of my sc2 life. I can't even.

survivor

Banned
Well he's already guaranteed 375 from IEM, 200 from GSL and 250 from kespa cup so really he's at 1200 right now even if he loses every match for the rest of the year. Blizzcon cutoff last year was 3200 so he's got to place well in the three events, especially GSL and kespa cup. Definitely still has a shot at blizzcon but it will be tough.

There is one more WCS event before blizzcon though.. dreamhack stockholm, a 4000 point event. I imagine he might attend as long as it doesn't conflict with anything.

also proleague seriously needs to be able to award WCS points next year. Maybe an amount per win? idk, but it's such a high caliber league that it's a bit ridiculous to not award any points. The players who stay in korea to compete each week have next to no chance at blizzcon.
I remember Kespa saying they want to reward high performing players by sending them to foreign tournaments. I believe they only did it once but I'm not sure why they stopped. Maybe it was a timing issue, didn't make economic sense or the players themselves felt it was a waste of time. But I think it was a good approach to give Proleague players chances to earn WCS points. Maybe with better planning for next year they can send more players.

I remember Kespa saying they want to reward high performing players by sending them to foreign tournaments. I believe they only did it once but I'm not sure why they stopped. Maybe it was a timing issue, didn't make economic sense or the players themselves felt it was a waste of time. But I think it was a good approach to give Proleague players chances to earn WCS points. Maybe with better planning for next year they can send more players.

Proleague gets in the way if a lot of tournaments.

Syf

Banned
Games were amazing holy shit. I have so many pics. This is the highest point of my sc2 life. I can't even.
You know this is becoming a trend with the awesome games. They've been really, really good for a few months now. I think the changes of the last few updates have put the game in a great place. Actually this reddit post sort of sums it up: http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/2f0szx/sc2_has_never_been_this_beatiful_to_watch_and/

Check the link he posted too. SC2 right now might be the most balanced it's ever been. We're seeing more matches decided by control and decision-making than by any balance issue, and the result is great games/tournaments. Of course certain protoss abilities still make me rage lol but even those seem less intrusive than they have in the past (especially with time warp only lasting ~7 seconds now and blink plays becoming defendable).

Look at the race representation in the WCS regions:
P-T-Z
GSL: 5-5-6
AM: 4-7-5 (slightly terran favored, to be expected with the great terran players here)
EU: 3-3-2 (so far)

Even look at the kespa cup qualifier, which saw a 3-3-2 advancement (though the main event is toss favored thanks to results earlier in the year). IEM Ro8? 2-3-3. Red Bull had a TvT final but all the races were represented right up to the final (semis were 1-2-1, quarters 2-2-4). The balance has been near-perfect since the last patch.

kasane

Kasane. I'm sorry I couldn't get in touch. I was at 3rd row first seat to the right of the middle. Intend to be there again tomorrow. Was afraid to use data as it costa a ton for me. Have wifi in the hotel. Well be in a yellow super mario shirt.

what do you mean middle?

left side or right side. i was late earlier :lol

I've seen this suggested a lot on TL but i'm not sure if it's necessary. Right now WCS Korea has the most players in the top 16 and with the kespa cup coming there may even be a chance that the number could increase. Hopefully we continue to see regular WCS events like that in Korea so there is more opportunities for Korean players to play in tournaments (plus it's really good for the scene imo).

That plus i think it would be really hard to find a fair way to award points for proleague. Also i feel like adding WCS points to proleague is a negative thing. Proleague is a whole separate thing and it should remain that way. I feel like adding WCS points cheapens it, because then it just becomes yet another tournament players look to for points to make blizzcon.

Top Bottom