• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Syf

Banned
I've seen this suggested a lot on TL but i'm not sure if it's necessary. Right now WCS Korea has the most players in the top 16 and with the kespa cup coming there may even be a chance that the number could increase. Hopefully we continue to see regular WCS events like that in Korea so there is more opportunities for Korean players to play in tournaments (plus it's really good for the scene imo).

That plus i think it would be really hard to find a fair way to award points for proleague. Also i feel like adding WCS points to proleague is a negative thing. Proleague is a whole separate thing and it should remain that way. I feel like adding WCS points cheapens it, because then it just becomes yet another tournament players look to for points to make blizzcon.
Right now sure, but four of those WCS KR players are on the verge of being knocked out of the top 16. KR has more players in the top 16, but by far the lowest total points of the three regions. Giving proleague WCS points is a suggestion to make up for the lack of WCS points available in Korea. There's not many events for Korean players outside of GSL; they have to travel around the world or they very likely won't make blizzcon, even if they're good enough to be there. The fact that players like Maru, Rain, DRG, etc are so far down in the WCS rankings shows a problem with the system imo.

Anyway, IEM time. :D

Zest looking strong, feeling like a zest/flash final incoming.

Right now sure, but four of those WCS KR players are on the verge of being knocked out of the top 16. KR has more players in the top 16, but by far the lowest total points of the three regions. Giving proleague WCS points is a suggestion to make up for the lack of WCS points available in Korea. There's not many events for Korean players outside of GSL; they have to travel around the world or they very likely won't make blizzcon, even if they're good enough to be there. The fact that players like Maru, Rain, DRG, etc are so far down in the WCS rankings shows a problem with the system imo.

Anyway, IEM time. :D

They do have kespa cup coming up to help. I think that's a little unfair as well because it ignores the fact that the NA and Europe players with lots of points tend to do a lot of traveling as well. The players from NA and Europe tend to travel to the other respective regions to compete for more points/money and i don't see why Koreans can't do the same.

In the end it comes back to whether or not this should just be the best 16 players. Basically if you just want the best 16 Korean players in the tournaments you might as well just ignore WCS NA and Europe and just let the top 16 GSL players get through. That's not the point of WCS or blizzcon though imo.

We will see around even representation from each of the 3 regions so that shows that the system is working perfectly.

Syf

Banned
Yeah I guess it depends on how you think the system should work. Personally I want the best 16 players at blizzcon, and I want the WCS rankings to really be indicative of skill, and the current system doesn't accomplish that.

Zest 3-0's, no surprises there. Soo hyped for these semi finals.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
KT vs KT

Thank god

FLASH

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i am crying so much right now

literally tears everywhere

fuaohfaufiukck

Yoshichan

Where is the Flash meme

"Zest is proxying a stargate... should I scout him for added non-God factor?"

Syf

Banned
Scouted, prepared for.. still loses. I hate protoss

he probably shouldn't have chased though. hold back and wait for stim

Top Bottom