• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
http://www.twitch.tv/gsl

NOW
Flash only needing to prepare against one matchup? EZ
He needs to win to go to Blizzcon so I will channel for him.

I can watch the GSL VODs in KR for free right?

yoshi pls

GROUP D PREVIEW

GROUP D TOURNEY THREAD
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-tournaments/466292-code-s-ro16-group-d-season-3-2014

4zSrdMp.png

Won

WCS will have full region locking next year. Goodbye NA WCS, it was fun watching you these last 2 years.

On the other hand Polt and Violet must be so happy right now. Easy money.

I'm sure MC owns his own country in the EU by now so all will be good.

I have actually no idea how this impacts things and what to expect. I thought WCS was in a good spot overall after the last changes.

Aaron

I think sooo is in the lead considering he has more bases and intimidating Flash to avoid getting them attacked.

Yep, soooo is holding and consolidating his position. Flash isn't denting that zerg econ.

Aaron

sOOO is playing zerg with everything is disposable. Doesn't matter what he loses, units, bases, etc, as long as he is slowly gaining ground.

Upgrade imbalance killed him in the end though.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I guess you can just trade units forever if its cost effective until you get one good engagement where you push and intercept bane morphing??????????

I still don't see how not having 2-4 mines helps that so much

Wedge7

Lol terribly casted game by Artosis and Tasteless. Flash always kept trading relatively decently, but more importantly, had 3/3 and soo had no intention of going for 3/3 and they make it seem like Flash is in dire straits. 55 scvs to like 80 drones, but the supplies were always relatively similar. Their making it seem like soo is absolutely dominating the game, when as you just saw, it can turn so quickly with one good engagement, which is always in Flashs favor with the upgrades.

kasane

I think flash could have won the first gamw with tanks
Lol terribly casted game by Artosis and Tasteless. Flash always kept trading relatively decently, but more importantly, had 3/3 and soo had no intention of going for 3/3 and they make it seem like Flash is in dire straits. 55 to like 80 drones, but the supplies were always relatively similar.

I heard them repeatedly saying that flash had the upgrade lead tho

Wedge7

I think flash could have won the first gamw with tanks

I heard them repeatedly saying that flash had the upgrade lead tho

They stated it, but still made it seem like Flash had no chance to win, which is a pretty ridiculous conclusion to draw from watching that game.

Zen

Banned
Flash was in dire straits though, it took Soo completely bungling an engagement and then getting a huge clump of morphing lings found for Flash to win. It wasn't even "everything can change on a dime" by one player executing slightly better, it took a complete flub engagement by Soo.

Zen

Banned
Yeah Flash needs a different style to take on Soo or a tweak in his comp (like targeting manual with a few widow mines, or some tanks), he got a lucky TKO in game 2 with the flubbed attack from Soo and that is the only reason he won. Flash has a TvZ macro approach that works against 99% of zergs but baneling heavy and the zerg having seemingly also perfect macro seems to overwhelm his more passive style.

Wedge7

Yeap, Hellbats just not cutting it for that.

Well, sadly was hoping for Flash to win so I could goto bed. I guess I'll have to watch the vods tommorow morning and hope that he ends up winning. Its already 5:35 AM and I have to be somewhere at 9AM.

Zen

Banned
I almost feel like a multi step all in in game one could work. I mean if you harass went that well, your best bet is to get rolling thunder going while they have had to choose between army or getting their econ back.

I have always kind of thought that if each race is played perfectly that Zerg is actually imbalanced and has been since WoL. We haven't seen the real balance issues of it due to haven't not seen the optimal play yet (only now are we seeing some of it imo).

Flash is SO GOOD, but I doubt that there is much more refinement he can institute in this style, or efficiency left that he can squeeze out of his play to somehow make the difference, to overcome the heavy ling bling approach from a "perfect" Zerg. A change in tactics is needed against a beast like that.

Luckily Flash is nothing if not adaptive.

Aaron

Tanks need a minor tweak so terran will actually use them again. They were a main force in tvz, and their lack is hurting against mass bane / zerglings, but mutas make them such an easy target.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yeap, Hellbats just not cutting it for that.

Well, sadly was hoping for Flash to win so I could goto bed. I guess I'll have to watch the vods tommorow morning and hope that he ends up winning. Its already 5:35 AM and I have to be somewhere at 9AM.
CHANNELING FOR TWO

Aaron

DRG going snutehosts. Also his APM is nuts.

Also Flash still needs an answer to the banelings.

Base defense from Flash has been kind of awful.

Seriously Flash, why don't you defend your bases at all?

Not sure why he doesn't mix in a few widow mines, he already has the tech available and it goes quite well with a mobile hellbat army. Without them the zerg has free reign to roll in without having to worry about any big shots hitting their banelings or mutas which makes the engagements so much easier to control. I like the whole hellbat thing but i wonder whether it's actually good enough to get him victories against the very top zergs consistently.

Lol terribly casted game by Artosis and Tasteless. Flash always kept trading relatively decently, but more importantly, had 3/3 and soo had no intention of going for 3/3 and they make it seem like Flash is in dire straits. 55 scvs to like 80 drones, but the supplies were always relatively similar. Their making it seem like soo is absolutely dominating the game, when as you just saw, it can turn so quickly with one good engagement, which is always in Flashs favor with the upgrades.

Flash was down by 30-40 supply for most of the match, it did look like he was dead. Even in the engagement where he finally turned the tide he was well down on supply at the start of it. Considering he wasn't building tanks or mines i think it was pretty fair to say he was in a dire position.

Zen

Banned
Still has the Kespa cup to nab more points! He made some mkp era mistakes against drg, i think Soo shook his confidence in the matchup.

Syf

Banned
There is still dreamhack stockholm he could attend. But yeah he's pretty much got to win kespa cup to have any chance now.

Zen

Banned
Even though Flash is out of Code this season in ro16 and might not make Blizzcon, everyone should still look at the tremendous progress he has made. He has not been on an absolute dominating spree for over 2 months for nothing, he will figure out the adjustments to TvZ that he needs to make. Even if it branching off from his hellbat timing if he scout roach warren, i he doesn't play strictly macro, he will figure it out.

Have Faith guys

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
zen will return

and when he does

he will be 50000% stronger

I know this

Top Bottom