• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Syf

Banned
Okay the semi-finals are starting now on the main stage. soO vs ForGG followed by herO vs Solar. ForGG is the only one still playing for a spot at blizzcon.

Looking forward to soO wrecking everyone.

Aaron

Yeah, I expect soooO to slaughter everyone and pick his teeth with their bones. Still, should be fun to watch. Race balance is nice.

Syf

Banned
Holy shit, ForGG playing like he wants that spot in Anaheim. Great game so far.

Too bad the semi-finals are still Bo3.. come on dreamhack fix this format.

Syf

Banned
Dammit. soO such an amazing player but can't seem to win a final. That's gotta be eating at him heading into the Code S final and Blizzcon.

do people still play this game? i played for a while a couple years back and then got bored and uninstalled.

is there a ton of people playing 1v1s and team games or is it just high level players now?

do people still play this game? i played for a while a couple years back and then got bored and uninstalled.

is there a ton of people playing 1v1s and team games or is it just high level players now?

Game is dead, leave the topic and never come back. We just post here b/c we lead sad sad lives.
Game is fine, just not anywhere near as big as League/Dota. Plenty of people (and bad people) still play every night.

Plenty here would lend a hand at helping you too.

kasane

i told you guys soo will channel his inner yell0w

and to the guy asking about the playerbase. I still think a lot of people play 1v1 since i get really short queue times

im gold so im not really high level

Syf

Banned
Some major LotV plot details were found out from Heroes of the Storm datamining apparently:

(major spoilers for the end of the Legacy of the Void campaign)

UI/LegacyOfTheVoidDescription=<s val=”CampaignPanelLastMissionTitle”>StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void</s><n/><n/><n/><s val=”CampaignPanelLastMissionDescription”>Far above the zerg infested jungles of Aiur, the young Hierarch of the unified protoss Artanis has assembled the Golden Armada to retake their ancient homeworld.<n/><n/>As the Templar forces prepare themselves for war, a small band of warriors fights a desperate battle to establish a beachead upon the planet’s scarred surface.

Sounds like the ending to LotV is going to involve
the protoss, led by Artanis, retaking Aiur.

kasane

Shit im having trouble with zergs lately

Was my best matchup a season ago with 70% + win rate

Now im 60 and its still rapidlu declining

After a great poke with 4-6 hellions i die by roach-baneling

Some major LotV plot details were found out from Heroes of the Storm datamining apparently:

(major spoilers for the end of the Legacy of the Void campaign)

UI/LegacyOfTheVoidDescription=<s val=”CampaignPanelLastMissionTitle”>StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void</s><n/><n/><n/><s val=”CampaignPanelLastMissionDescription”>Far above the zerg infested jungles of Aiur, the young Hierarch of the unified protoss Artanis has assembled the Golden Armada to retake their ancient homeworld.<n/><n/>As the Templar forces prepare themselves for war, a small band of warriors fights a desperate battle to establish a beachead upon the planet’s scarred surface.

Sounds like the ending to LotV is going to involve
the protoss, led by Artanis, retaking Aiur.

Didn't he die in the last Protoss mission in Wings of Liberty?

I'd go for nestea vs SC personally. It's a shame he didn't last long because SC produced some of the best matches of all time. The nestea vs marineking final surely has to be up there as well. Game 7, MK in what should be an unbeatable position and somehow nestea pulls a rabbit out of the hat.

Otherwise i think sometimes the old teamleagues are forgotten a little bit. I remember some absolutely amazing matches in particular ones including either DRG or bomber.

Edit: So is artosis moving to hearthstone full time? I can't tell really but it seems like he's moving that way.

Seems like. Going where the money is, I guess. I love playing Hearthstone, but it's boring as hell to watch.

I don't blame him, esports isn't the best area to make money in and you never know how long your career will be. Especially with a kid now i think it's fair enough to try and make as much money as possible.

Still don't get the appeal of watching its tournaments though. MOBA's i might not enjoy but i see the appeal with hearthstone though it just seems like something that is much more fun to play.

kasane

I personally think mvp vs squirtle is the best because it was 3-0

Then we saw archon toilet

Then 3-3

Then an unbelievable ending

kasane

I miss Planetcracker. The conceptual anchor of the Mothership, the anchor that was cut loose... Damn it.

look at the beta terran

they can combine all sorts of shit

thors built by scvs

looks fun

and protoss recall should be vortex so the enemy can follow you :p

risk/reward

Ahhhhhhhhhh.

My friend does work for Team Liquid and they just offered her a pass to Blizzcon. I need to find a cheap ticket and see what airfare is tonight to see if I could go. This would be so incredibly awesome to go with her.

Woorloog

Banned
look at the beta terran

they can combine all sorts of shit

thors built by scvs

looks fun

and protoss recall should be vortex so the enemy can follow you :p

risk/reward

I can't recall what the beta had, got into rather late (WoL) beta, and i never played much anyway. Starcraft ain't a game for me really.
But man, did they have to cut all the cool stuff from the single player too...

kasane

Ahhhhhhhhhh.

My friend does work for Team Liquid and they just offered her a pass to Blizzcon. I need to find a cheap ticket and see what airfare is tonight to see if I could go. This would be so incredibly awesome to go with her.

same girl who wanted the taeja signature?

so jellyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Top Bottom