• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Zen

Banned
Daybreak had a lot of great TvTs

I will only be happy if Steppes of War AND Incineration Zone make a comeback though.

Nation of Poland Forgives Thorin

Seriously give them a click they deserve it.

— October 10, 2014
All 38 million citizens of the Republic of Poland have immediately forgiven ESPORTS personality Duncan “Thorin” Shields following his 10,000 word treatise justifying Polish national and ethnic inferiority.
“At first, I was worried that my article would be difficult for Poles to access as many of them may be illiterate,” said Shields, who is a native of the United Kingdom. “Poland’s students only score 10th in the world when it comes to reading, compared to the UK’s superior ranking of 23rd.”

“23 is more than 10,” he clarified. In the same study, the UK scores 20th in mathematics, compared to Poland’s 9th.

Shields’s fears were unfounded, however, as Polish citizens simply had nothing to do between IEM Katowice events and were able to read every word of his 10,000 word treatise.

“I’ve known people from Poland for over 14 years,” said Shields, who refused to accept Poland’s forgiveness due to the country’s bumpy roads and substandard morals. “Every one of them has tried to fill the existential hole of being Polish with electronic sports.”

Thorin’s writing was well-received by all members of the ESPORTS community, whether they were of inferior Slavic descent or not, and many understood that his negative thoughts of Poland were influenced by Shields “hating traveling to any country, not just that particular shithole.”

“I applaud Thorin’s in-depth, frank analysis of my home country,” admitted ESL Managing Director Michal “Carmac” Blicharz, a Polish citizen who courageously worked his way up from a destitute Third-World upbringing, lacking basic essentials like Levi’s jeans, American action movies, and Los Angeles Lakers merchandise.

“Thorin has performed a careful analysis of my homeland’s long and complicated legacy, from its founding under the Piast Dynasty; to its glory days under the Polish-Lithuanian Empire; to its slow decline under weak kings dominated by the nobility; to its partitions, annexations, and subjugation under various national powers; to its oppressed existence as a Soviet buffer state; and to its courageous and peaceful revolution, led by the Solidarity movement and Pope John Paul II,” Blicharz continued. “He was then able to carefully apply anecdotal evidence from Polish Counter-Strike players to this exhaustive historical analysis.”

While fans of the Thorin eagerly await the third installment of his Apology Trilogy, many are doubting whether his Facebook status about leaving OnGamers or this Poland-centric article qualify, as neither posts contain any admission of guilt or expression of regret.

In a triumphant ceremony to be held next Monday, Polish President Bronisław Komorowski plans to bestow Thorin with Poland’s Order of the White Eagle, the country’s highest honor. The award will be presented by former League of Legends professional player and current TSM coach Andy “Reginald” Dinh, who is able to give the award due to his opposable thumbs and large, anthropoid brain.

DYING OVER HERE. XD

tumblr_mdkczn29DC1raj3lbo1_500.gif

kasane

you know why blizzard are introducing classic maps?

cause they cant make maps that are balanced for shit

ultimate laziness right there

Syf

Banned
it may be lazy but i still cant wait, god i hope steppes of war makes it. bonus points if incineration zone somehow gets voted in too

nvm it wasnt in the voting but i'd still love it

kasane

well i think it reflects where blizzards priorities lies

having a losing horse in the moba race

shit they ignored us wc3 dota players for years then now they're moving resources off sc2

fuck blizzard

;[

Zen

Banned
it may be lazy but i still cant wait, god i hope steppes of war makes it. bonus points if incineration zone somehow gets voted in too

nvm it wasnt in the voting but i'd still love it

Incineration Zone was so imbalanced that they removed it entirely midway through season 1. I would love it if it came back just for the butt hurt alone.

kasane said:
well i think it reflects where blizzards priorities lies

having a losing horse in the moba race

shit they ignored us wc3 dota players for years then now they're moving resources off sc2

fuck blizzard

;[

We'll see where we are at with LotV but I really look at this season as a 'fuck it, let's have some fun and just throw stuff out there'. I don't think it is in any way up for debate that we don't have enough map variaty in SCII, and even revisiting old maps with the modern level of play and meta (even maps that 'break the rules' that we think are necessary in this day and age) can potentially lead to new discoveries and variations.

LotV should get at least some priority over WoW and Diablo at Blizzcon. Warlords of Draenor will about to be launched and the only new stuff they might show is the 6.1 raid. Reaper of Souls just launched this year and I can't imagine them having anything new to show. They'll probably try to put a big emphasis on Heroes of the Storm but I don't see it going that well.

Aaron

The problem with a lot of the not LoL or Dota2 MOBAs is they mostly dumb down the experience for noobs without adding in anything that's actually interesting to do. It's also still slow as shit. They would have to do a major overhaul before it had a chance at an esport.

Syf

Banned
also the blizzcon schedule now mentions "new features and new ways to play" in the starcraft 2 panel box

please mean f2p and features like in-game tournaments and ranked observing, plus a battle.net social feature overhaul

Zen

Banned
Scarlet hasn't been up to par for a while now. It's odd thinking back to her days of being a creep spreading monster.

If sc turns f2p what will happen to us who bought the game :(

I really don't understand this logic. Those of us who bought the game have gotten to play it the whole time we have owned it. It's not like we lose that. Who knows maybe they will give out a portrait or something for those who own the game but i wouldn't expect it.

Just above you were complaining about the lack of support for the game and this is a big part of why. SC2 basically brings in all of its revenue shortly after release. It means any support given after that point has very little return. Whereas with a F2P game like hearthstone it is constantly bringing in money which encourages them to continue to give it strong support.

That plus it might be able to bring more players into the fold which is good for all of us. I think there is no chance the game goes F2P but i can still hope. It's not a cure all for SC2's problems but i think it would be good for the game.

Syf

Banned
well that was expected lol. next two matches could determine the last blizzcon spot. if polt and bomber win, jaedong is in

wooo

HerO the last player who can knock out JD

That's a shame. Jaedong absolutely does not deserve a spot at blizzcon and will most likely be knocked out straight away. Who knows maybe he has turned things around but it's hard to imagine him doing very well.

He is also the poster child of exactly what people on here were complaining about re WCS points. He just enters an absolute fuckload of tournaments so despite scrubbing out consistently of the main WCS events he still managed to scrounge up enough points ti make it.

kneePat

What the fuck is this shit?

dVFJEMt.png

I wouldn't care but it seems like they're purposely giving shit stream quality, look at the other languages or other games(I normally just watch dota). Blizzard gonna Blizzard.

Syf

Banned
very nice tvp series to end the night

and with that, JD makes blizzcon and the top 16 is set. we'll know the seeding tomorrow

final roster:

Nvoihd5.png

Syf

Banned
what's finalized in the bracket so far according to TL:

3GIDtnG.png

that soO vs Taeja in the first round. would be sweet to have a code S rematch between soO and Inno in round 2.

kasane

JD gonna get rekt

hes currently living in a bizzaro world where he has no idea what the fuck to do

he lost a ZvZ when he was leading and the engagement was near his base

for the love of god

Top Bottom