• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Woorloog

Banned
Oof, warhound was so dumb. Ugly too.

The original Warhound model was wonderful (very Warhammer-like, for Battletech fans), even though i don't like the Terrans having any mechs (the original Goliath was good. The way it looks in SC2 campaign... ugh). But the revised model... now it is meh.

No comment on how it played.

>plays a match just because it was such a long time ago and I want to give this game another try

> zerg (me) vs protoss

> I demolish him, killing almost every worker he has (two bases)

> I decide to get more ahead now that his economy is completely crippled and I'm at two based, total of 40 drones

> I get mutas, start harassing

> Can't find a moment to kill protoss

> Protoss gets too stronk archon/zealot/immortal/phoenix composition

> A Clicks and kills me

Yeah, this game still sucks my ass after taking a huge shit. Dustin Browder, along with David Kim are horrible people who I honestly think should get some sort of incurable disease. Not a disease that actually kills them, but rather stops them from making horrible, horrible games like these.

Post up a replay. Your post is just senseless whine and i don't see any legitimate complaints in it. Then again thats about what SC2 discussion always looks like.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
wtf happened yesterday... I'm so sorry everyone.

Lethe82

Banned
So my gameplay and micro has improved a lot since locking the game at 30fps has anyone else tried this?

Also, apologies again to anyone whom I may have offended the other night, drinking or not (it's no excuse), I let myself down, and I hope people can forgive me. I know someone who follows my channel (who's name I didn't recognize) was watching, so most likely someone who followed from Gaf, hence apologizing here.

SamuraiX-

I'm so hyped for Friday... might try to take the day off just to catch all the sexy quarterfinal action. :O

They should honestly make an exception and upgrade Bomber vs MMA and TaeJa vs INno to a Bo7. Anything less is downright criminal.

I'm so hyped for Friday... might try to take the day off just to catch all the sexy quarterfinal action. :O

They should honestly make an exception and upgrade Bomber vs MMA and TaeJa vs INno to a Bo7. Anything less is downright criminal.

Not that i mind some TvT but it kinda sucks that the 4 of them are facing each other. I guess the positive is we will have a terran in both semis.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
JD breaks keyboards because of SC2. You break them because of Hearthstone. :(

HS is a terrible joke of a "game" (or rather interactive RNG-fest) - I've barely broken shit when it comes to that game. SC2, on the other hand...

Yoshichan

Lethe82

Banned
Well, you'll probably get a ton of SC2 news this coming weekend. I'm not expecting much besides a release date for open beta for Heroes though.

Maybe we could get some new maps in the client? I love the game since I started playing it a month ago, but I am beginning to wish there were more maps in rotation. Part of what I really like about it is how varied the play experience is due to the game basically combining standard league the high density and 'gamey' mechanics of Dominion mode. That and how the game really does show its RTS influence (slightly) with minion types and what not -

But at the same time, there aren't that many different maps out and I am starting to 'tune out' a bit when playing because the changeup of mechanics game to game are no longer feeling as fresh as they one did. They have a rgeat game here, just keep the 'gimmicks' flowing, it's their strength.

EDIT: well that and stripping out a lot of the un-needed complexity of items (even though talents act as items more or less).

anyone want to play a game on bridge head?

SamuraiX-

Not that i mind some TvT but it kinda sucks that the 4 of them are facing each other. I guess the positive is we will have a terran in both semis.

Yeah, I'm totally cool with it because I expect amazing things from these TvTs and each of these four Terrans are all easily Top 5 in the world on any given day so to know that 2/4 are guaranteed spots in the semifinals is fantastic to see for any Terran fan.

I really hope Life makes it to the finals and shocks the world. He's the biggest dark horse right now and I still don't think people are expecting much more of anything from him. Would be so epic to see a Bomber vs Life grand finals. :O

Oh my god I have no idea what this is but it sounds awesome (new audio tease)

https://soundcloud.com/starcraft-ii-official/at-1

Sounds like moar LAZERZ

Just please no more bull shit units that attack with free units. The best thing they could do is remove the Swarm Hosts entirely and replace it with some other type of siege unit.

After listening to all of these in succession, it sounds like the a small snippet to a teaser trailer for LotV they'll reveal at BlizzCon.

It'll been funny when those sounds don't even end up being new units. lol

Yoshichan

i heard rumors

something about colossi

maybe in a dream

maybe not

SamuraiX-

BaCYyby.jpg

Jaedong & Zest vs Polt & soO.

5Lm6tNu.png

And I thought they would just be doing a 8 player free-for-all. There will probably be that too.

I wonder if any of these guys will receive compensation beyond the $5,000 they won for making the Top 16.

Lethe82

Banned
Yeah could be.

Jaedong & Zest vs Polt & soO.

5Lm6tNu.png

And I thought they would just be doing a 8 player free-for-all. There will probably be that too.

I wonder if any of these guys will receive compensation beyond the $5,000 they won for making the Top 16.

We need an SCII 2v2 league, Total Biscuits Clan Wars team games have always been entertaining.

Syf

Banned
I thought the HotS cinematic just had pretty corny dialogue. Other than that it was good. Can't believe we're finally gonna see LotV tomorrow

Lethe82

Banned
Cover for LotV

ZJwerar.jpg

Alleged economy change in LotV and LURKERS

(people on reddit seem to trust this account, so....

SICK, less workers per base in LotV. 12 instead of 16!! That's a GIGANTIC change!

LURKERS ARE REAL!

Lethe82

Banned
I know right, I mean, I almost feel like, if these changes are real, I'm going to have to relearn the freaking game.

HOLY SHHITTTTT1111111111111111111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!

Nexus Cannon shoots ground only

Can pick up seige tanks in seige mode with medivacs

Battle cruisers warp to anywhere you have vision

Swarm host now manual mode and no longer burrows. Upgrade for flying locust

Alleged 12 workers to start mineral patches only have 900 per patch!?

Apparently all coming from people who have played the game @ blizzcon.

Top Bottom