• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Lethe82

Banned
That's something I was thinking they might add the speedlots (for the charge ability).

not reading all these, in fact going to crash until the SCII panel. :p God speed everyone.

IVE UPDATE THREAD (upvote for visibility)

Zerg

Lurkers: "same lurker model as hots campaign. Outranges protoss cannons. Spines easily dogable. Not sure about stop micro"
Swarm Hosts: now manual mode and no longer burrows. Upgrade for flying locust
Ravager: "the ravager has a seige fireball that takes 3 sec to launch and destroys them."
Nydus worm: now invisible while burrowing. Not even detectable by cannons
Corruptors: have an ability to channel damage like a void ray. A few of them can kill a nexus in seconds
Terran

Cyclone: "Very mobile and can lock on to deal more damage and move while shooting. Big range. Good early game"
Herc: can do splash damage with an upgrade
Tanks: Can pick up seige tanks in seige mode with medivacs
Battle cruisers: warp to anywhere you have vision
Banshees: now range increased. Cloak comes default. Upgrade to make it move faster than any detection possible
Protoss

Disruptor: "moving land mine", "robo Bay unit high gas fat and bulky but goes invulnerable 4 seconds and explodes for mass aoe damage"
Tempest: new long range ability that has a dot (500dmg over 50sec)
Carrier: moves quicker. 90sec build time. Can release interceptors all instantly and keep fighting even if carrier dies.
Nexus: starts with 14 supply now. Basically have to build a pylon straight away by 10 sec in
Warping: takes 8 seconds now and warping units take 200% damage. Zerg has unit to break forcefields
General

Bases will now mine at maximum efficiency with 12 workers instead of 16 now
Archon mode: http://instagram.com/p/vG6dQ6OkCP/ (2 players control 1 base)
Minerals per patch: It was like 1500 before now it's 1000
Livefeed: http://t.co/WzfrA2hjeI
Live Twitter: https://twitter.com/inFeZa

SamuraiX-

(Possible LotV Spoiler)
Warping: takes 8 seconds now and warping units take 200% damage. Zerg has unit to break forcefields

SO

FUCKING

GOOOOOOOD

Syf

Banned
Just watched the terran video and man the ability to micro siege tanks with medivacs is going to be so good for the game.

Holden

protoss looks so awfull so far hahaha

actually looking forward to this

happy i don't have to buy that hots game hopefully it wont be 60€

jasonng

protoss looks so awfull so far hahaha

actually looking forward to this

Actually I'm loving the Toss changes. I feel like they're much more mobile now compared to other races.

I'm loving the changes all around. All the new units are made to force engagement. This game is going to be really micro heavy.

Lethe82

Banned
can you edit which song you have when you play?

( terran broodwar music ftw )

Well you can already choose between sound tracks (SCII, Classic, and mixed) in Hots.

Also guys, remember to go into your bnet profile on blizzard.com and check mark interest in being included in SCII betas (for Lotv)

Lethe82

Banned
Well Toss has been a real headache for years now, given how weird and easily broken the race can be with but a few wrong tweaks, so it was probably harder to add all these new units to the other races, change the econ, and given toss equal new units.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/legacy-of-the-void/#multiplayer

ALLIED COMMANDERS
Objective Based Co-Op mode

Join the battle with a friend in an open-ended cooperative experience. Choose a powerful commander from your favorite race and fight in diverse scenarios with dynamic, campaign-style objectives. Level up your commander to gain access to new units, abilities, and customization options for your army. The time is now. The theater of war awaits, commander.

Wierd. Is this kind of like Command and Conquer Generals mode for SCII that makes use of the experience system they put in with Hots? Giving you a character to continuously improve? Sort of an answer to the prominence of Mobas?

Also Blizz better be planning towards F2P micro-transactions.

Also all you guys making main forum SCII threads should be making a prominent link to our community thread.

Lethe82

Banned
tumblr_lmn9vg20kS1qc8pqd.gif

obama-tears.jpg

Syf

Banned
dragoons in the lotv campaign, just said they're considering bringing back more brood war units too

campaign panel finished. overall i'm impressed with what it looks like they're doing, should be a satisfying end to the trilogy

Terran changes are going to break TvZ so bad. Hercs one shot Banelings and can grab to them making them so much less effective. Cyclone outruns everything but speedlings on the ground and can even attack air units (using an Infestor to fungal one to stop it as an example is hilarious). Banshee changes are going to make it so much easier for Terran to harass Zerg in the early game. Only Zerg change that will really affect the match up is the Infestor buff and maybe the Corruptor ability. Lurkers require you to spend a lot of resources in tech you won't use for anything else unless you go Roach/Hydra. Ravager ability I don't see having much affect depending on the range of its ability. Nydus Worm change sounds almost too good so I'm expecting it to move to Hive tech instead of Lair.

Lethe82

Banned
Who is on each side?

Terran changes are going to break TvZ so bad. Hercs one shot Banelings and can grab to them making them so much less effective. Cyclone outruns everything but speedlings on the ground and can even attack air units (using an Infestor to fungal one to stop it as an example is hilarious). Banshee changes are going to make it so much easier for Terran to harass Zerg in the early game. Only Zerg change that will really affect the match up is the Infestor buff and maybe the Corruptor ability. Lurkers require you to spend a lot of resources in tech you won't use for anything else unless you go Roach/Hydra. Ravager ability I don't see having much affect depending on the range of its ability. Nydus Worm change sounds almost too good so I'm expecting it to move to Hive tech instead of Lair.

I know you didn't mention lift able siege tanks, but I think it needs a mention. It's basically giving siege tanks blink (more micro but yeah) and now terran can start abusing high ground 'fall back' positions and ledges like a monster. If anything I think it should be an upgrade. It has the potential to make Terran silly broken if you can boost with medivacs on top of that.

So far I really like the other races units and how they interact with the other races, but the best way I can describe some of the terran units are 'protoss'. We'll see though, early days, and aside from the lifting seige tanks etc being a little questionable, all the other units races, how they help force engages, micro, or board control, are pretty great.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
the new terran units are really dumb. the cyclone is super boring and they jacked Clockwerk from dota?

Also: please never ever implement the swarm host changes.

terran needs more boring units. every terran unit has manual cast ability.

that said, both of the new units look micro intensive still.

Lethe82

Banned
dear lord, I did not realize that the TvZ was THIS one sided. Somehow I don't think these were the show matches that Blizzard was hoping for.

http://youtu.be/k8O2Bo0VaDQ

'Wouldn't it be awesome if we got 4 progamers to play a 1v1 in archon mode? Imagine how intense the game could be with one of them dedicated 100% to micro!'.

They should have done a 2v2 maybe. Still very positive on LotV but it doesn't seem anywhere near ready for competitive release. The Ravager aoe or time before hit needs to be improved if they are going to have any hope.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i really like the mining efficiency changes and less minerals per patch.

not overly fond of starting with 12 workers though.

i like lurkers, nydus changes, i like ravagers because they seem to have a higher base range and the forcefield thing, the infestor buff is cool too.

dont care at all about swarm host and corruptor changes.

i like all the protoss changes.

I like picking up seiged tanks and warping battlecruisers, no strong feelings about the herc, cyclone or banshee buff though.

Holden

i really like the mining efficiency changes and less minerals per patch.

not overly fond of starting with 12 workers though.

i like lurkers, nydus changes, i like ravagers because they seem to have a higher base range and the forcefield thing, the infestor buff is cool too.

dont care at all about swarm host and corruptor changes.

i like all the protoss changes.

I like picking up seiged tanks and warping battlecruisers, no strong feelings about the herc, cyclone or banshee buff though.

why do you care, don't you play leeg?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Old vs NewGAF sounds awesome! I want to duel EscapingJail :3

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
can you old timers still play sc or are you all in the moba retirement home
Wow

Say moba and Yoshichan in the same sentence one more time

Say it

Yoshichan

Forgiveness has been given

I don't know what Yoshichan's history with... That genre is, but it sounds frightening.

Alright folks. Day 2 is a few hours away. Let's hope for some bombas. Dat WarCraft 1, 2, 2 expansion, 3, 3 expansion full HD 1440p wide screen update with online play and full Battle.net support or bust!

ksan

im surprised to say this, but lotv looks good, im pretty sure i said the same of sc2:hots doe, and didnt play more than 10 mp games
Well for us oldies I would say it is:

Me,
Pandaman
MrKnives
Holden
Yoshi

Have missed some I am sure of that :)

You new guys are the ones that are active in this thread :)

jävlar son

translation: all according to keikaku
no wait what: damn son

Top Bottom