• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Don't even play Starcraft but man I love watching big events, especially when Zerg players are up.

Really want to try it but super intimidated :/ might just stick to street fighter lol.

Aaron

Don't even play Starcraft but man I love watching big events, especially when Zerg players are up.

Really want to try it but super intimidated :/ might just stick to street fighter lol.
The campaign is like baby steps that gradually introduces you to the mechanics. There's also a ton of arcade games with simplified mechanics, and if you want a taste of the multiplayer, you can always play against the AI, which can be set to rock stupid. Playing at the level of mere mortals is easier than it looks. Pro games are played at the fastest game speed. At normal speed, you have plenty of time to react to what's happening in game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Love this community

jasonng

Man I can't wait til I get to play Co-op/Archon with Corran and Holden so I can do some friendly fire then Corran and gif how bad he is.

Holden

image.php

Haha I'm like this. Im 100% sure I will suck if I play it ;____; but I love spectating :D Got to SC from broodwar days. Bisu was on top of the world when I started to watch, then on and off watching the tourneys.

I havent been watching very closely lately, I have to admit :x

But zerg players always draw me back in .... my heart was actually trying to chicken out when the line up for zergs was a bit lacklustre in BlizzCon, with Life facing Zest so early on. I thought he was ded in the water for sure (I am of lil faith ;___;)

But Life took it all at the end, and that was SUPER epic <3 Gave my heart such a sport on his way up there though XD All fun :>

Now looking forward to ProLeague to start again :>

Lethe82

Banned
Protoss nerfs that have gone unmentioned so far

Colossus Range (after upgrade) reduced from range 9 to range 8

Tempest no longer does bonus to massive

Time warp now starts very small and grows in size (larger overall size, 15 second duration)

Random notes

Swarm Host spawns locust every 60 seconds

Corruptors aren't as strong as in the preview video, 8 corruptors needed to snipe Nexus in 15 seconds.

Statsis Ward freezes for 15 seconds, units that are frozen can not be attacked

Cyclone can not be reactored, requires tech lab

LOTV Beta first half of 2015

151398623698 said:
The date has been set for Legacy of the Void Beta. The current time frame we're shooting for is the first half of 2015.

We're very happy to see that so many people are excited to check out the new expansion. We're just as excited to share it with everyone. Since Beta is a significant milestone towards releasing the game, we want to make sure everything is Beta-ready before moving forward.

We'll make sure to provide an update when we have a more specific time frame or date.

Desthrow interviews Huck on LotV

Haha I'm like this. Im 100% sure I will suck if I play it ;____; but I love spectating :D Got to SC from broodwar days. Bisu was on top of the world when I started to watch, then on and off watching the tourneys.

I havent been watching very closely lately, I have to admit :x

But zerg players always draw me back in .... my heart was actually trying to chicken out when the line up for zergs was a bit lacklustre in BlizzCon, with Life facing Zest so early on. I thought he was ded in the water for sure (I am of lil faith ;___;)

But Life took it all at the end, and that was SUPER epic <3 Gave my heart such a sport on his way up there though XD All fun :>

Now looking forward to ProLeague to start again :>

You just should just play anyway! Who cares if you're only silver or something, the game is fun. You can plays 2s (and I guess archon and commander mode in LotV). There's also the arcade where you can just mess around playing tower defense and the like. I mean, heck, I think any gaffer here would play with you if you asked, no pressure.

Holden

they should make it so gateways spawn units faster then the cooldown of the warp-ins

would give a reason to swap around both

Lethe82

Banned
Oh I absolutely agree, though just make warp gates take longer to refresh versus speeding up default production, imo. Right now (for lotv) the only reason a Protoss player would have to use gateway mode is if they are being all inned with blink stalkers (or w/e) in a 1 base versus 1 base scenario. There should be advantages and disadvantages to using warp-gates.

edit: oops, that's what you said, ignore me.

You just should just play anyway! Who cares if you're only silver or something, the game is fun. You can plays 2s (and I guess archon and commander mode in LotV). There's also the arcade where you can just mess around playing tower defense and the like. I mean, heck, I think any gaffer here would play with you if you asked, no pressure.

My fingers turn all to thumbs when I'm being attacked

:D

then i roll my face on the keyboard and call it my secret 'defence strategy' !!!!

it always ended well!!!!!! (for my opponent)

Corruptor ability is pretty terrible. 15 seconds of channeling to kill a building is pretty bad. Since the damage starts slow it probably takes 15-20 to kill a Nexus in 10 seconds.

Lethe82

Banned
Corruptor ability is pretty terrible. 15 seconds of channeling to kill a building is pretty bad. Since the damage starts slow it probably takes 15-20 to kill a Nexus in 10 seconds.

They could always have a hard limit of how much it can be stacked or tie it to mana (and also keep the corruption ability). I dunno, corruptors are not the easiest things in the world to DPS down, and now Zergs can basically make Corruptor counter attack hit squads.

EDIT: I'm going full Yoshi guys, these old maps are completely awful., I think I'm just going to play customs this season with last seasons ladder maps.

Started playing again for the first time in a few months. Still struggle in early game against AI. I keep only having Lings when the first attack comes. Archon most will probably be the most helpful for Zerg where one person controls the army and the other works on Drones, injects and creep spread.

They could always have a hard limit of how much it can be stacked or tie it to mana (and also keep the corruption ability). I dunno, corruptors are not the easiest things in the world to DPS down, and now Zergs can basically make Corruptor counter attack hit squads.

EDIT: I'm going full Yoshi guys, these old maps are completely awful., I think I'm just going to play customs this season with last seasons ladder maps.

They're really only annoying to kill as Terran but they're basically useless in that match up. Only see the ability have much effect in ZvP where after you wipe out a Skytoss army they aren't completely useless when they remax on Stalker/Archon.

WCS finals were overall* awesome.

Technical issues were a nightmare. I felt so bad for the players. Completely inexcusable.

I loved it enough that I will be going back next year.

Wish Taeja or MMA could have won though :(

so who's gonna do archon ladder with me when I'm drunk in LotV

I'm so there.

I can't wait for Commander Mode, even though we know next to nothing about it.

Also, sweet shot

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2GUH9VIUAAxj11.jpg:large[IMG][/QUOTE]

Love this pic.

SamuraiX-

Bomber will be in Proleague next season! Playing for Startale again.

I love how much things shift on the KeSPA scene every year. Always makes every season of Proleague feel like a taste of something new. With Bomber competing in SPL and back in the GSL now, I hope this won't mean that he'll be entirely giving up traveling to foreign tournaments. Although if he gives up traveling and practices hard enough to make a GSL final or win one, I'd be cool with that. :p

Spl1nter

LOTV and WCS has got me thinking about playing sc2 again and going all scrub mode. Had not followed or watched any SC2 in over a year I would say.

Just booted up the game, 81 weeks since last ranked game, 61 weeks since last user map settings, long time ago. Will have to ponder this decision over.

jasonng

LOTV and WCS has got me thinking about playing sc2 again and going all scrub mode. Had not followed or watched any SC2 in over a year I would say.

Just booted up the game, 81 weeks since last ranked game, 61 weeks since last user map settings, long time ago. Will have to ponder this decision over.
It's very intimidating. Getting HOTS so late puts me so behind in learning the meta. I simply don't know how to read opponent builds anymore nor became comfortable with HOTS units so I just don't ladder. I may give it laddering a shot again if I get into the beta but I won't invest in it like I used to. For now I'm content blasting insane ai with my super elite diamond skills.

I get more enjoyment spectating sc2 tournaments now.

Edit: By the way I miss you guys. We should do a GAF night and catch up.

Wedge7

Even better news, Taeja is playing in the GSL next season. Or worse considering how stacked it's going to be, and how he'll be pushing some other player out.

I will never believe Taeja when he says he is retiring until the actual day he officially retires. Its def been a few times that everyone says its his final year, and then he announces thats hes once again back.

Lethe82

Banned
Even though I never participated in an old school gaf night, there needs to be more gaf nights.

Also, saw this on reddit but sue me. If the Lurker is back, they need to give it the ability to hold fire. It was a micro trick in BW, but they should give the lurkers hold fire if that is not possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FasNT0eFzw

Also unit costs for LoTV as shown at Blizzcon
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/2m1b3c/lotv_unitupgrade_costs/
Pulled from the VoDs that were uploaded to youtube by Blizzard:

Minerals/gas/supply/time

Herc: 100/100/3/40 Splash upgrade is 100/100/120seconds

Cyclone: 150/150/3/45 range upgrade is 100/100/100seconds

Ravager upgrade: 25/75/1/11 + roach

Lurker: 50/100/1/25 + Hydra 100/150/100seconds to upgrade Hydralisk den to lurker den

Disruptor: x/300/x/x I would guess 150 minerals and 4 supply on a 50-60 second build time. CD on the ability is ~50 seconds, and the damage is either 100 or 120 (enough that 2 hits kills a cyclone, but 1 isn't enough to kill a roach; falls short of putting the roach at red HP)

Pick up range for the Warp Prism appears to be ~6.

Banshees have 7 range and can upgrade for 200/200/130seconds to move at oracle/muta speed (4).

Carrier interceptor release ability range appears to be 14 (the normal max leash range for interceptors).

The tempest ability appears to have ~7 range, and they appear to move at ~2.5 or 2.75 speed.

From other sources:

Colossus range reduced to 8 with Thermal Lance

Marauders have 2 attacks at 5(+5vs armored), instead of 1 at 10(+10vs armored)

Ultralisks have 1 additional base armor.

Carrier Interceptors are free(?)

Immortals activate their ability to become invulnerable(?) for 4 seconds.

Flying Locust upgrade is 200/200/160seconds.

Disruptor speed is increased by 66.666% while it is phased out.

Locust spawn timer is 60 seconds.

Disruptor costs: 150/300/4/60 according to a post on TL

The other stats are up at: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/16654945/legacy-of-the-void-multiplayer-preview-11-8-2014

Marauders have 2 attacks at 5(+5vs armored), instead of 1 at 10(+10vs armored)

does this mean that Marauders now do 5 less dmg to armored units or does it do +5 to armored twice?

SamuraiX-

Hey, Yoshi & Crimson... guess who qualified for the Hot6ix Cup through the open online qualifiers a few hours ago?

iDwqTx7T8fZxU.png

Pretty much nobody saw this coming. Just as shockingly, sKyHigh was the other qualified player in a bracket group that featured names like Maru, ByuL, Reality, Impact and Life (yes, the 2014 BlizzCon Champ got knocked out).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ohmygodjjejeirnrkbehow

Lethe82

Banned
FAN BUILT LOTV TEST MAP COMING VERY SOON

There is a massive amount of misinformation about the stats of the blizzcon LotV. For example, interceptors are not free, efficient saturation is still 16, the disruptor does not double in speed when purifying; it gets a 66.666% increase, and many others. Luckily I sat down it the play area at blizzcon for 6 hours and recorded most of the stats/information. The rest we're getting from concrete sources and people we know we can trust to be accurate.

The people working on the project are mostly from OneGoal and Starbow with a few other awesome people mixed in. If you're interested in helping out leave a comment with what you can contribute.

GLHF, JaK

EDIT: we have joined the forces of Starbow/OneGoal with the team that made the previous HotS mod. Most of the work is already done at this point and the optimists among the group are looking at a basic version in one week. No promises though :p

Remax ep4 4 hour special w/ desRow, HuK, Nathanias, RifKin, Scarlett, Suppy & kaitlyn

Hey, Yoshi & Crimson... guess who qualified for the Hot6ix Cup through the open online qualifiers a few hours ago?

iDwqTx7T8fZxU.png

Pretty much nobody saw this coming. Just as shockingly, sKyHigh was the other qualified player in a bracket group that featured names like Maru, ByuL, Reality, Impact and Life (yes, the 2014 BlizzCon Champ got knocked out).

YES! YEASH! SO GOOD! Can't wait!

Yoshichan

dreamt that mkp lost

fuck this shit

Top Bottom