• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

SamuraiX-

Game 1 was really good.

HSC X nearing 50k, aren't they up hugely year over year?

Let's see where the count is during the grand finals. I feel like HSCs have peaked around 40-50k viewers in the past.

Nice instincts by JD to close it out against YoDa but it's a shame because it looks like lag and unnecessary third party pauses affected the outcome and YoDa's potential to micro toward stabilizing.

APOLLO IN THE HHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUSSSEE!!

Just need Kappathanis and we'll be set.

Edit: Jeez, absolute maximum greed from both players in JD vs MC rematch Game 1. 3 Hatch before pool into double evo. Nexus first into double gas + third Nexus at the 6:10 mark.

survivor

Banned
JD pls you only need to win one more game. Then I'm pretty sure Take is gonna rig this and make sure it's groups A/B and C/D in the semifinals so we get our match.

SamuraiX-

Rotti/DeMu/BlinG/Apollo

These motherfucking lovable clowns. LOL

JAEDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGG

give Flash vs JD in the quarters. Please do not delay it any longer.

SamuraiX-

I love seeing Jaedong so happy with this great crowd and awesome fans at HSC. He was so bummed about BlizzCon.

TempO damn well better be performing "When I'm Grandmaster" this time. Anyone else is unacceptable.

Lethe82

Banned
Everything else that he preforms tends to go over like a fart in church, props to him for not buckling under a dead crowd from the first song, and then continuing When I'm Grandmaster when the music died partway through.

EDIT: What was the crowd chanting at the end?

SamuraiX-

I can't believe they lost the audio......... props to TempO for closing out the last half of the song a cappella. Much love to him. So much passion.

That Flash vs Snute opening match... so much buzzkill. lol

So now the only way for Flash vs JD to happen is in the grand final or third place match. PartinG vs JD should still be great. I still believe JD can make the final since TaeJa is on the opposite side of the bracket.

Kr5pvG9.png

That highlight vid at the end was great. HSC is such a feelgood tournament. Right up there with the enjoyment I get from watching the most competitive tournaments.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
HOLY SHIT

I don't know what's cooler

Flash getting a Twitter, or Jaedong PR:ing Flash

p3Q4F9W.png

SamuraiX-

Holy shit THE DONG confirmed at IEM San Jose :OOOO

CES398H.png

I'm gonna run out of memory on my camera.

Edit: I actually thought no way he could make it since he'll be in Sweden for DH Winter the weekend prior.

Lethe82

Banned
I was taking a look at the brackets, and even though only 1 protoss made it into the round of 8, the toss field was pretty weak in comparison to the other races, aside from MC and Parting, and the weaker tosses got put in very hard day 2 groups.

When does Ro8 start?

kasane

I was taking a look at the brackets, and even though only 1 protoss made it into the round of 8, the toss field was pretty weak in comparison to the other races, aside from MC and Parting, and the weaker tosses got put in very hard day 2 groups.

When does Ro8 start?

5 hours from now

A lot of people seem to cringe at QXC announcing the players but i think he does an awesome job, has a great voice for it. His analysis is generally quite good, would like to see him cast more. You can really tell TLO knows his shit, it's great when you get players like this and you can tell they know the game back to front.

Edit: Series was definitely worth staying up for Kappa.

Lethe82

Banned
A lot of people seem to cringe at QXC announcing the players but i think he does an awesome job, has a great voice for it. His analysis is generally quite good, would like to see him cast more. You can really tell TLO knows his shit, it's great when you get players like this and you can tell they know the game back to front.

Edit: Series was definitely worth staying up for Kappa.

Stealing game 2 so hard XD

Aaron

Game 3 was the closest to giving someone the finger I think you can get in SC2. Endless bunkers blocking a zerg's natural? Doesn't get harsher than that.

survivor

Banned
Just woke up now, trying to catch up by watching the broadcast and fucking Twitch has the entire audio blocked from the first game. This website is slowly becoming so terrible.

Aaron

Yeah, I obviously got it wrong. Flash has won every time they met.

And Taeja not properly defending this series while Flash's defense is like an iron wall.

Top Bottom