• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Damn it feels good to see marineking playing like this, lets hope he can keep it up. Shame how few people are watching this, even basetrade tv gets this many viewers sometimes.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i was here

/yoshichan

SamuraiX-

Did MKP crush herO too? Jeez... how did the games look?

I crashed after that downtime they were having that put BlizzCon downtimes to shame.

Edit: Oh, sweet! The VODs are free! http://www.twitch.tv/gsl/b/590161578?t=1m35s

Edit2: yo damn, Game 1 MKP vs herO... I don't think I've ever seen an E-bay block put herO that on tilt. Also, dat timing doe. herO pushes MKP back up into his main. 18 Terran army vs 30 Protoss army... +1 Weapons and Concussive Shells finish just in damn time for MKP. Double Widow Mines coming out of the Factory... just wonderful reads and reacting to the situation. You just don't try to cheese or do early aggression against MKP, you just don't... Wolf absolutely losing his shit repeatedly was fantastic. lol

Game 2... MKP's unit control and game sense is STUPID sexy. lawd

He's looking like an absolute boss in all matchups right now.

TvT: 2-0'd Maru in the qualifiers
TvZ: 2-1'd Impact and 2-0'd ByuL in the qualifiers
TvP: 2-0'ing Stats AND herO in this group...

Also, dat winners interview:

GOM caster: "So, who would you like to meet from Group B in the quaterfinals?"
MKP: "If a Protoss advances, I don't think I can lose."

You have to have quite a sack on you to say that when the two Protoss in Group B go by the name of Rain and sOs....

I know Yoshi and Crim have been waiting for this day...

7IFyuYm.jpg

SamuraiX-

Holy shit, TY just mind gamed soO into oblivion. I think TaeJa actually evaporated whatever was left of his soul.

Edit: It's like soO has never defended against early proxy rax builds before...

SamuraiX-

Hopefully Bomber's practices his TvP so he can get some revenge on herO.

Rain in a group with the only two legitimate foreign hopes. ;_;

Really curious to see who will be participating in the open bracket. Sometimes you have equally as big names in there as the invited/qualified players already in the groups. The open brackets for IEM Toronto were stupid stacked.

RP912

Banned
After curiously and being told how StarCraft 2 is the best RTS game of all time. I ended up getting 1 and 2 plus HOTS. I played the demo and enjoyed it. It reminds me of age of empires but not as slow :).

Hopefully muiltiplayer won't destroy me :(

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
After curiously and being told how StarCraft 2 is the best RTS game of all time. I ended up getting 1 and 2 plus HOTS. I played the demo and enjoyed it. It reminds me of age of empires but not as slow :).

Multiplayer destroys even the veterans :/

but have fun! lol

Lethe82

Banned

SCII is SO HARD, but of so rewarding, if you ever want to play put up your username/battlenet ID and gaffers can show you the ropes. Also Hot6ix cup group C (I think) is coming up in 30 minutes :)

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2014_Hot6ix_Cup

http://www.twitch.tv/gsl

Oh my look at the time, it's Flash o Clock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOuLtVMHnQ8

kasane

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EDIT: SC2 AINT THE GREATEST THATS FUCKIG BLASPHEMY!! ITS FUCKING BW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also whats this song?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
After curiously and being told how StarCraft 2 is the best RTS game of all time.
Well whoever told you that is a liar it's StarCraft: Brood War, but hey.

Apparently I tuned in for Flash o'clock so I'll buckle down for a bit.

*If someone can link the VODs or tournament of those great Flash games it would be appreciated as well, thanks!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Holy shit FREE SOURCE FROM GOMTV WHAT IS THIS

Forcefield is a good ability that invites smart strategic counter play from the other races :)))))

calder

Flash, one of the greatest Terran examples of the iron clad rule that you need to salvage all your bunkers the second an attack ends. There's no chance they'll come in handy later, and those 150 minerals are vital to a 3 base economy! :p

Lethe82

Banned
Brood War circle jerk

I think I might be starting to appreciate SCII more, if they 'fix' the economy... I dunno man, mordern SCII has gotten so much better than it was even a year ago. Sure the sound design/atmosphere is still and forever will not be as good as Brood War, but what can you do.

Flash really needed scv on those first two bunkers.

Also what is that song they play before the game starts? I am revolution, I am a wounded warrior, I am devolution

The Old Boys Club Coming Soon (Destiny and Richard Lewis successor to Unfiltered, "The Old Boys Club")

I love the intro, such class, much subtle dig at the old guard of SCII. XD

EDIT: HOLY CRAP SKYHIGH I WANT TO GET OFF MR DROPS WILD RIDE D:

Thank god I don't care about the final group, I can sleep now.

Lethe82

Banned
LotV Fan Mod is 90% complete

JaKaTaKSc2:Hey everyone, the team has been working hard on finishing the LotV fan alpha mod. The only stuff we have left is working out execution on a couple of abilities and squashing a few bugs.
It will be released as a mod so you can play it on any map you like. In addition it will be released as a series of arcade maps to feature lesser played melee maps. Our current list is:

Passage to Paradise SE
Rose of Dream
God's Garden
The Divide
Countdown
Samarra Mines
Kamala Park

A lot of these maps were in TBs Clan Wars season, they are very high quality maps.

kasane

I think I might be starting to appreciate SCII more, if they 'fix' the economy... I dunno man, mordern SCII has gotten so much better than it was even a year ago. Sure the sound design/atmosphere is still and forever will not be as good as Brood War, but what can you do.

Flash really needed scv on those first two bunkers.

Also what is that song they play before the game starts? I am revolution, I am a wounded warrior, I am devolution

The Old Boys Club Coming Soon (Destiny and Richard Lewis successor to Unfiltered, "The Old Boys Club")

I love the intro, such class, much subtle dig at the old guard of SCII. XD

EDIT: HOLY CRAP SKYHIGH I WANT TO GET OFF MR DROPS WILD RIDE D:

Thank god I don't care about the final group, I can sleep now.

doesnt mean its better than bw

Top Bottom