• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Lethe82

Banned
BW was perfect for its time. SCII may never surpass it in some areas, but neither will BW ever surpass it in others. We're also just now starting to get to the same levels of play that BW had. We've come a long way since 1 base 3 rax stim timings were the game was decided on if the Protoss Force Fielded the ramp.

Lethe82

Banned
That is true, but sheesh, Byong is making this look like month one in Heart of the Swarm with his boost usage and drops just dancing around the Protoss.

SamuraiX-

32 Boys 1 Cup: http://www.twitch.tv/basetradetv

GuMiho vs PartinG grand final. About to go to a Game 7.

I just tuned in to catch Game 6 where GuMiho used a TvT build to crush PartinG. That was sooo cool. :O

Ravens + Tanks with standard MMM and Vikings for Colossi. I'll post a video that shows GuMiho containing PartinG at his natural with Siege Tanks and PPDs. That was really cool.

Edit: Here's the Game 6 VOD: http://www.twitch.tv/basetradetv/b/591928809?t=5h27m35s

Highly recommended. GuMiho opens 1/1/1 cloak Banshee into Raven vs Stargate Oracles + Phoenixes by PartinG. Things get really interesting around 13 minutes into the game. Watch and drool over dat positioning as GuMiho sieges PartinG's main/natural.

This build would obviously die to a lot of early cheeses but I feel like a 6 minute Cloak Banshee helps a lot with delaying those type of timings and scouting out mid-game type of all-ins.

Would love to try this on the ladder. I'm sure it's been done before, but GuMiho's execution here just had me like
E9xhP6R.png

Lethe82

Banned
Richard Lewis as Analyst ?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!? XD Has he actually been learning the game?

32 Boys 1 Cup: http://www.twitch.tv/basetradetv

GuMiho vs PartinG grand final. About to go to a Game 7.

I just tuned in to catch Game 6 where GuMiho used a TvT build to crush PartinG. That was sooo cool. :O

Ravens + Tanks with standard MMM and Vikings for Colossi. I'll post a video that shows GuMiho containing PartinG at his natural with Siege Tanks and PPDs. That was really cool.

Edit: Here's the Game 6 VOD: http://www.twitch.tv/basetradetv/b/591928809?t=5h27m35s

Highly recommended. GuMiho opens 1/1/1 cloak Banshee into Raven vs Stargate Oracles + Phoenixes by PartinG. Things get really interesting around 13 minutes into the game. Watch and drool over dat positioning as GuMiho sieges PartinG's main/natural.

This build would obviously die to a lot of early cheeses but I feel like a 6 minute Cloak Banshee helps a lot with delaying those type of timings and scouting out mid-game type of all-ins.

Would love to try this on the ladder. I'm sure it's been done before, but GuMiho's execution here just had me like
E9xhP6R.png

Will watch the series, Gumiho has always been one of those players that makes Blizzard happy, you see him landing vikings for harass and what not. He always flips between "Why isn't this guy a GSL champion???" and "Well that was too bad". Glad to see him in a finals.

Hot6ix Cup 2014 Final Hype video and date

doesnt mean its better than bw

Let's play some more games when I am not already half asleep XD

Really fun series amyone who wants so fun TvP (you know the kind of carzyness to expect from Gumiho) I recommend it
http://www.twitch.tv/basetradetv/b/591928809?t=4h22m35s

Syf

Banned
Daybreak is going to be part of the bo3 map order for all qualifiers in the new SpoTV league.

1) Overgrowth
2) Daybreak
3) King Sejong

SamuraiX-

breh i liked kaelaris when he was in toronto

i also said to nathanias that he looked 40

Kaelaris has become a god caster this year.

I can't believe I'm actually gonna get to see Day9 in the flesh. Never thought the day would come. It's probably gonna be impossible to get an autograph. :(

Is that why Nathan has been so upset lately during stream? Didn't get to go to San Jose?

He's probably rustled because this shit map pool on the ladder is sticking around for over another month.

I know he's in Sweden right now for on-site casting of Fragbite Masters Season 3 with DeMusliM, which runs through December 7th as IEM San Jose concludes too so that's probably why he couldn't make it.

Kaelaris has become a god caster this year.

I can't believe I'm actually gonna get to see Day9 in the flesh. Never thought the day would come. It's probably gonna be impossible to get an autograph. :(

He's probably rustled because this shit map pool on the ladder is sticking around for over another month.

I know he's in Sweden right now for on-site casting of Fragbite Masters Season 3 with DeMusliM, which runs through December 7th as IEM San Jose concludes too so that's probably why he couldn't make it.

Kaelaris is my favorite solo caster.

Nathanias is always pissed off whenever I watch him stream which is why I stopped.

Also, yo damn IEM San Jose just got even more HYPE:

FpvtJIo.jpg

Can't believe I'm gonna get to see all those studs in person. :D

Can't stand Richard Lewis, he is an awful commentator with no knowledge of the game. Not sure how or why he started getting SC2 gigs. Otherwise that line-up is damn near perfect, i'm not a huge fan of day9s casting style but it's ok and the rest of the line-up makes up for him.

kasane

I watch ketoc mass ravens in every match up at masters level with 10 apm. He has a system set up so twitch chat actually appears overlayed in game and comments on chat, it makes not watching live actually a lot better.

http://www.twitch.tv/ketroc/

i watched for a couple of minutes and how is he masters?

dude was floating so much gas and minerals and he had this weird setup where hes only running 1 factory and just starting a startport at 9 minutes

too lazy to watch the whole thing lol

Edit: this is the first time i think im actually better than a higher ranked player but then again im still stuck at gold. i should really play more instead of just 10 games each season

Lethe82

Banned
I really like Richard Lewis aside from his huge blind spot where Thoorin is concerned. I don't see him as that great of a caster, but he is very smart and one of the few legitimate Journalists in games journalism.

Granted had I not been watching Unfiltered forever I would think he was an asshole, but he grew a lot throughout doing that, hopefully Old Boys Club starts soon.

If he has put in the time, more power to him, granted he could be 'Analysis Host' by means of bringing his his psychology experience, not so much the nitty gritty of the match up and more big picture.

Until relatively recently he knew relatively nothing about Starcraft, but still managed to be a great addition to a Starcraft show, so let's see how it goes.

i watched for a couple of minutes and how is he masters?

dude was floating so much gas and minerals and he had this weird setup where hes only running 1 factory and just starting a startport at 9 minutes

too lazy to watch the whole thing lol

Edit: this is the first time i think im actually better than a higher ranked player but then again im still stuck at gold. i should really play more instead of just 10 games each season

That was my reaction when I first started watching him. His biggest strength is his thought process, he has invented some crazy builds involving proxy planetaries with very specific unit times and building placements. I was like 'NO PROBLEM BRO MASS RAVEN ON HABITATION STATION MASTERS HERE I COME' and I had to work my ass off to do what he does with a fraction of the APM and I still wasn't beating the people he beat.

It's so weird.

Lethe82

Banned
Rain is not playing in the Hot6 Cup. TY, Flash, and PartinG will play in a Wild Card Match tomorrow.
Wolf here. To clarify one point-- IEM is in two weeks, but if advancing, Rain would be unable to play in the Quarterfinals. All my info from this comes from esports.dailygame and Kenzi.

Sucks for MKP who was preparing for Rain, one would imagine.

SamuraiX-

Sucks for MKP who was preparing for Rain, one would imagine.

This was actually something I was worried about since if Rain did beat MKP, there's no way he would be able to attend IEM San Jose.

I'm actually pretty damn surprised he chose an IEM event over a Korean event that would award more money and WCS points for a top finish.

Lethe82

Banned
The sheer amount of overblown drama and entitlement complex knee jerk labeling going on in that SCII thread on the main forum is pretty embarrassing. >.< Can't people discuss things without going full tilt on demonizing other people?

Lethe82

Banned
That use to be gif I used with teasing affection as commentary of the enjoyable heights of ludicrousness that could be achieved, but these days it has taken on an air of sad resignation to its many failings. XD

Lethe82

Banned
Bro, bro, that was like, so deep bro.

I'm really torn on the wild card tourney, I mean I love Flash and would love to see him back in, but MKP is doing great and I really wouldn't want either of them to have to be eliminated, it sucks that they might have to face one another. I want Flash to continue to improve and accend to something that is a shadow of his former dominance, but at the same time MKP has gone hungry for so long and deserves all the success in the world.

I will be sad no matter who wins, but I'll be sad if Flash doesn't win the Wild card toruney.

2015 PROLEAGUE TRAILER - WTF DUBSTEP

EDIT: removed these from the main forum thread and posting them here instead, since Destiny's twitch chat can be pretty edgy. While the second link is a good conversation even if you disagree with whoever, it will fall on deaf ears over there.

Destiny Talks about the drama with Risky Chris (only listen for comedy/awkwardness?

A much much much better conversation with another user

Not really a fan of how this wild card thing will work out. I don't think the tournament should be worth WCS points in the first place and now we have players who didn't even have to qualify in the first place being gifted a second chance to go through. I guess it means i get watch more of TY, flash or parting who are all awesome.

SamuraiX-

No link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7EkgCxQDdE&feature=youtu.be

But yeah, wtf. Probably the worst song choice for an SPL hype trailer.

Not really a fan of how this wild card thing will work out. I don't think the tournament should be worth WCS points in the first place and now we have players who didn't even have to qualify in the first place being gifted a second chance to go through. I guess it means i get watch more of TY, flash or parting who are all awesome.

Apparently the matches were played a few hours ago. All players were even at 1 win and 1 loss after the first round but in the second round PartinG defeated both Flash and TY, so he'll be up against MKP in the quarters.

Swap out one top class Protoss for another. Cool with me. Should be an amazing match considering MKP's TvP looks godly right now and PartinG's PvT has been incredibly solid.

hg27QoV.png

Nice!! I've got at least 5 players I'm rooting for in the open brackets now: viOLet, GuMiho, TOP, Seed and Revival. Would love to see any of these guys make it to the group stage.

Wedge7

Marine King versus PartinG will be good. Dec 2nd right?

Still kinda disappointed that Flash had a second chance after Rain left but still lost to Parting again in such short succession. That, and it wasn't even streamed, jeez. Going to be interesting to see if MK can keep up this sick streak and add Parting to his hit list.

Lethe82

Banned
Flash seems really good at TvP when he gets to the late game, but PartinG is stupid aggressive and Toss can be so volatile and flexible in the early and mid game.

Aaron

Still kinda disappointed that Flash had a second chance after Rain left but still lost to Parting again in such short succession. That, and it wasn't even streamed, jeez. Going to be interesting to see if MK can keep up this sick streak and add Parting to his hit list.
Parting has been on fire lately. Not surprised he won, and expect him to take down MKP.

Wedge7

Parting has been on fire lately. Not surprised he won, and expect him to take down MKP.

Oh I agree completely, he looked great in HSC. I fully expect him to wreck MK, but then again, I discounted him before and he looked fantastic against Hero and Stats. Then again, I wonder if they took him lightly, and kinda used some weird builds against him so it kinda skewed things. Either way, should be a fun match.

Lethe82

Banned
I love me some TvZ, I need to keep reinforcing Flash style of play to break myself of bad habits. Flash plays with virtually no spam, one action per, and focuses and prioritizes the minimap and macro over babysitting units and huge amounts of micro, I've fond the game much more relaxing and tactical since I started trying to emulate it. I think Evan Kim did a breakdown of it at some point.

kasane

flash is like the embodiment of eapm

also damn those sneaky scouting scvs are god tier

i kreygasm every timing that scv hits

Lethe82

Banned
LEGACY OF THE VOID BLIZZCON BUILD FAN MOD WALKTHROUGH

LOTV Showmatches tonight before Dreamhack

Tonight our first series to cast will be First vs Jaedong for Dreamhack (See the full schedule of ALL the streams here) and while that's all well and amazing we wanted to have some fun just before Dreamhack!

With the LOTV Custom mod finally out, and a lot of players messing around on it today we wanted to offer up some short showmatches for funsies (but also some cash!) If you're a pro player and want to play just message me (Rifkin) on Twitter!

So far we have the following folks available:

Arium
Intense
Huk
Trace
Puck
All matches will probably be Bo3 for $50 (winner take all)

(estimated times)

1:00 AM PST Arium vs Intense

1:30 AM PST 2v2 match: Harstem & Caliber vs Puck & Trace

2:00 AM PST Puck vs Trace

2:30 AM PST Catz vs State

Edit * start time is scheduled to be 2 hours before Dreamhack

LOTV Custom IS OUT. Anyone here feel like playing?

Ravager ability is basically useless for everything but retreating. I guess it could be interesting to sneak some into mineral lines and drop them on workers too.

Lethe82

Banned
I will say that combining it with fungal will be insane, but Zerg still don't combine fungal and blinding cloud. Maybe Ravager/Infestor will be easier to micro.

Top Bottom