• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

SamuraiX-

Sucks for Flash to get knocked out of another Code S Ro32 but I'm always cheering for Dream so :D

Dream played the second Bo3 much better. He realized a big key to taking Flash in TvT was denying or making it difficult to get up that natural expansion. He let Flash get into macro mode with almost no pressure in the first match.

Hope at least 1 Zerg makes it into round of 16 tonight so it'll probably end up 8 Terran, 4 Zerg and 4 Protoss. sOs is gonna probably cannon rush both of them to death though.

Can't believe MMA didn't scout.

Wow Sacsri 2-0'd MMA. Liked his build in the second game.

SamuraiX-

Dream takes out Life again in the SSL and has a chance to make his second straight grand final. Wow.

Gotta watch the replays.

herO will be the ultimate challenge for him. Even thought he's been rolling in TvP, he hasn't had the face the likes of a herO or PartinG type of player.

Gonna be curious how picking goes for round of 16. Life, Maru, Parting and herO will probably be captains. Myungsik will probably get picked first and then the next 3 be Gumiho, Fantasy and Curious in some order. After that it's a complete crapshoot. Innovation will probably get picked last.

Wedge7

Nice, finally caught up with all the SC2 viewing action again. I probably watch like 90% of everything now in VOD form, not only due to horrible late night start times, but I can fast foward through the majority of the downtime and slow beginnings of matches. Impossible otherwise to keep up with Proleague, SSL, GSL and the occasional WCS matches.

Anyone follow any SC podcasts? Obviously used to love watching State of the game, and Live on three back in the day, but most of them stopped. Never really enjoyed Meta that much, and now its been dead for ages. I actually really enjoy Remax. Sorta ironic in that I used to hate Desrow and Huk, but they have definitely grown on me. I love me some drama, so I always really enjoy following these podcasts. Tried watching some of the Late Game, but dont enjoy the hosts or guests as much, especially find Destiny very annoying.

Unles herO finishes second in his group, Parting might have the easiest path to the GSL finals I've seen. He had the easiest group in round of 16 by far. In round of 32 he lost the ridiculous series to Myungsik where there was 4 proxy gates in 3 games but did beat Dark. Besides two Zerg's known more for macro than micro, he hasn't faced anyone that strong.

Wedge7

Tangtang with maybe the dumbest play I've ever seen in Proleague. His career highlight will always be knocking Zest out of Code B.

Lol, losing that reaper to probes, couldnt multi-task with the defense back at his ramp with the bunker. Man, Prime this season is just sad. The sense of hopelessness must just be overwhelming on that team.

Lol holy shit at Proleague standings. SKT1 is 4-0, Prime is 0-4, and everyone else is 2-2 and within 3 points of each other (should be 2 but MVP had a point subtracted).

Just caught up on GSL last night. Man, I did not see Curious coming out of that group let alone first. HerO played one of his worst non-cheese games in game two though. Dream didn't really look like he belonged there (I missed his first game against Byul though). HerO was still probably tilted after his second game against Curious but Byul countered his build pretty hard in both games. He definitely could have won the second game though. He was probably better off letting his Nexus die and going for a one base 4gate all-in.

peakish

This week was all around terrible in SC2 games. Can't believe how poorly herO played against Dream in Starleague RO4, christ. So many run-bys.

Join me in watching some Brood War as an antidote. Bisu is playing in today's SSL! http://www.twitch.tv/saylesc

Edit: Fuck you, Bisu.

Lethe82

Banned
This week was all around terrible in SC2 games. Can't believe how poorly herO played against Dream in Starleague RO4, christ. So many run-bys.

Join me in watching some Brood War as an antidote. Bisu is playing in today's SSL! http://www.twitch.tv/saylesc

Edit: Fuck you, Bisu.

Great job!

Base Trade TV Archon Tournament is live!
http://www.twitch.tv/basetradetv

Acer Scarlett vs Team Ascension RuFF - Double Harvest Mod Showmatch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyFpaAonqv8

Starbow 1.0 is out

Here! Have some hype

What does v 1.0 mean?

This means that we won’t add any new units or abilities into Starbow for a prolonged period. We will still be keeping an eye on balance and playstyle and make smaller changes when needed though, similar to how Blizzard patches vanilla Starcraft 2. (Though our patches will likely be more frequent, especially in the immediate future.)

What is new in 1.0?

Patch notes are here

This is only the latest patch. If you want to catch up on all the patches from the last 6 months or so, have a look here (in chronological order):

Patch 0.500
Patch 0.510
Patch 0.511
Patch 0.520
Patch 0.530
Patch 0.540
Patch 0.550
Patch 0.560
Patch 0.570
Patch 0.600
What else is new?

If you played Starbow last year you may remember a separate ladder client you had to download and install. We realize this was a pain. Now we have an online ladder system which is much easier to set up and use. Instructions are here or here (Korean)

Expansion to Brood War huh?

If you are new to Starbow, but have experience in Brood War, this infographic will help explain how Starbow expands on Brood War.

Stabow is awesome, what can I do to help?

We are still in need of passionate people with programming skills to keep our website managed and the online ladder website up to date. Contact /u/xiphias_ if you have interest in contributing to Starbow as a web developer.

We always welcome constructive feedback on the game balance and design (although larger-scale design changes won’t happen too much for a while). Feel free to share your thoughts on the game in this thread

What do you mean by “for a while”?

If Starbow get’s a decent sized player-base and we see some areas of possible improvement we will work on an expansion to give ourselves room to make these changes. Get ready for “Starbow II: Bow harder!” in the future. ;)

I want to see more cool stuff!

Here’s an awesome compilation of Starbow from the last year. Remember that this footage is from the Beta and may contain things no longer in the game.

The YouTube channel also has an exhaustive library of tournament VODs all organized into neat and tidy playlists. Check those out here.

Thanks for reading!

Starbow would not be possible without the support of the community and the passion of the die-hard Starcraft fans out there who have poured countless volunteer hours into this project. We sincerely hope you give the mod a chance and join us on the ladder at eros.starbowmod.com. We believe all Starbow needs at this point is a committed player-base and some fine-tuning. If you have any interest in the mod at all, now is the time to join in on the fun! Happy Bowin’ everyone!

Day_9.png

Starbow Launch Special - TvP P1

CombatEX returns for LotV!

Enjoy Starcrafts the animations? StarCrafts Mod Begins! (Indiegogo Crowd Funding Campaign)

Trailer

Lethe82

Banned
Some fun BW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI7KrytyUMk&feature=youtu.be&t=26m50s

I have been out of loop, liberator is rad. valkyrie 2. niiiice

I'm warming up to it, I do like how its ground attack can lay waste to protoss death balls and make mech much more viable. It seems like they work best complimented by a thor or two vikings against Mutas though. So far I've found that they don't really do anything against carriers, but maybe you need to manually target them against the interceptors. I still find that baiting interceptor launch and then hitting them with widow mines works best.

Wow Terran got destroyed in round of 16 in GSL. I wasn't expecting Gumiho, Fantasy, or Bomber to make it out. I thought Innovation would and Bbyong could have in group B. I'm still shocked at the results in group C, but I'm hoping Curious is somehow able to win it all since this might be his last GSL. If anyone besides Parting could beat Maru, it's probably Rain. His PvT lately has been nearly flawless. Rogue vs Curious is one of the weakest round of 8 matches I've seen lately. Don't see either beating Rain or Maru. On the other side, Myungsik vs sOs could be really fun. I actually haven't seen either of sOs's series' in round of 16 (only ones I've missed), but both of them like to do crazy things. Byul I don't think has a chance against Parting unless he can prevent him from ever getting to 3 bases. Parting vs either Myungsik or sOs will probably be my favorite series the rest of these playoffs.

Lethe82

Banned
I've always liked him, the scene needs a lot of interesting people XD They're looking to set up a best of 69 between him and Destiny/Incontrol/Deezer/Whoever once he's back to form.

Nothing will be the hate sex best of battles that he and Destiny had back in the day.

Starbow Zerg Gameplay - StarCraft 2 Arcade Mod! (4K)
https://youtu.be/W2Es9GD_0BA

Lethe82

Banned
That was so fun to watch XD. It's amazing ghat he's this rusty and still almost GM. XD Combat EX is one of those streamers where it's fun to watch them win and it's even funner to watch them fail.

I'll have to check out that Starbow mode some time.

The old BW sound effects really makes you appreciate how much better the sound design was over SCII.

Caught up on GSL from last night. What the hell Parting. Did you get drunk the night before? He made the series close but good lord that was terrible. Saw the first 2 games of Myungsik-sOs last night and saw the last game tonight. Not surprised by the 3-0. Every game came down to Myungsik taking a horrible fight. I really wanted sOs-Parting in round of 4 but not after how terrible Parting looked.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Whispers of Oblivion

wtf

Top Bottom