• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

LiK

OYQThHu.gif

lol

I'm blown away that they hired a voice actor for sentences like "you have increased your power level".

Zeratul is fucking awful as well, if he's the main character in the toss expansion it's gonna DRAG.

FluxWaveZ

Zeratul is fucking awful as well, if he's the main character in the toss expansion it's gonna DRAG.

To me, the Protoss in general are really boring. Space truckers and Zerg are awesome, but the third campaign could potentially be my least favorite because of the race associated with it.

Pachinko

With everyone saying Normal is so easy I want to try causal just to see if I can A move to win the missions lol.

you can pretty much attack move to win missions on normal as it is, I can't imagine what easy mode must be like. Normal seems set up that you have to try if you actually want to lose. I'd say easy mode pretty much stops you from losing, maybe it gives you extra units ? more money ?

I mean between the campaign upgrades and mission goals normal is honestly very easy. I'd bump it up to hard but I'll do that later. We probably got a 2 year wait before Legacy of the Void right ?

Starting to feel that the game is too easy on normal, yeah. Having fun so far. Cheese and all.

That streaming thing in the load screen is shady as hell. Like it's downloading the last 1mb of the game to stop pirates or something...

calder

Arrgh so frustrating. I simply can't enjoy the campaign as Zerg, at least on Hard. I may dial it down to normal and herpderp through, I get through the missions but I'm really not enjoying them because I struggle every step of the way with the zerg units and 'style'. I simply can not manage an economy as Zerg unless it's got my entire focus, and I'll admit a grudging respect for everyone who plays this busted ass race.

NOTE: I can play vs AI as Zerg to a point, not well but well enough to get by. It's the campaign that just wrecks me, if it's not a totally normal 1v1 situation Zerg is just a baffling chore for me

LiK

Starting to feel that the game is too easy on normal, yeah. Having fun so far. Cheese and all.

That streaming thing in the load screen is shady as hell. Like it's downloading the last 1mb of the game to stop pirates or something...

yea, i play on SSD and that stupid streaming is annoying as hell...

Neki

Arrgh so frustrating. I simply can't enjoy the campaign as Zerg, at least on Hard. I may dial it down to normal and herpderp through, I get through the missions but I'm really not enjoying them because I struggle every step of the way with the zerg units and 'style'. I simply can not manage an economy as Zerg unless it's got my entire focus, and I'll admit a grudging respect for everyone who plays this busted ass race.

Just go Roach + Hydra every mission.

ElyrionX

Thinking of picking this up. I have WoL but never played through the Campaign. Should I play the WoL campaign before beginning the HotS campaign? And at what difficulty?

To me, the Protoss in general are really boring. Space truckers and Zerg are awesome, but the third campaign could potentially be my least favorite because of the race associated with it.

I suspect they'll be relegated to the do-gooder space paladin race as is the SC2 mold so far. Which sucks because raynor was a pussy, and kerrigan isn't nearly ravenous enough.

If they let us glass planets as the toss i'll get on my knees and gobble metzens cock. Somehow i imagine we'll be hiding in the shadows as zeratul while the gimmick missions are ramped up with even more MMO mechanics.

Considering that SC2 is a remake of warcraft III so far where my psychopath, genocidal part of the story? as arthas i poisoned wheat with plague, massacred stratholme and betrayed all my troops in northrend.

The problem with playing in hard mode after starting in normal is that you have to change it back to normal when you do the mission run again for the achievements so I'd rather do all of them on Normal and then Hard. Plus Hard makes it more annoying/time consuming to get some of the achievements.

LiK

Thinking of picking this up. I have WoL but never played through the Campaign. Should I play the WoL campaign before beginning the HotS campaign? And at what difficulty?

yea, play WoL first if you wanna play as Terran. besides, it's fun. Normal is fine.

There's an ongoing story going on, so you will want to play the WoL campaign. Normal is naturally recommended, but if you just want to get through the story, play on Casual.

Speaking of campaign I wonder how Protoss units will be upgraded.

In WOL the Terrans used Toss and Zerg samples to improve Terran technology.

In HOTS the Zerg eat animals or evolve in extreme conditions.

So in LOTV Toss will just keep reaching for more tech that they hid? I mean Colossus were just added in SC2 and they are so godly. LOL Colossus that hits air coming to you in the next expansion!

fallagin

Ok so I think the best zergling build consists of raptor lings + adrenal glands + reconstitute zerglings. The jumping in ability of the raptor makes up alot for speed and they just tear apart any enemies they face, truly beautiful.

The reconstitute zergling is for conserving minerals of course.

Neki

So in LOTV Toss will just keep reaching for more tech that they hid? I mean Colossus were just added in SC2 and they are so godly. LOL Colossus that hits air coming to you in the next expansion!

xel'naga artifacts

Aylinato

DT now can hit air and are detectors.
HT now do storm attacks(no casting just their attack)
Zealots can jump in the air and drag fliers to the ground.
Immortals can shoot up.
Carriers are able to store 12 interceptors and can move back while interceptors attack.
Void rays are removed and we get scouts/arbiters back.
Colosi now have 1 supply and 20 range.

Immortals can shoot up.
Carriers are able to store 12 interceptors and can move back while interceptors attack.

Actually Carriers now have leash range so you can move them back while controlling interceptors. But you can only have 8 as usual. I once faced Carrier + VR + Mothership in Bronze league in WOL, god that was terrifying. All my Vikings and Marines melted.

A Colossus like that and you won't need anything except 3 of them and some air defense.

Immortals can shoot up.

How about some healing and repairing while we're at it? Sure, shield regenerate, but it bugs me that my Zealot is near death and my Nexus is on blue fire.

Oh, and I joined the NeoGAF group.

Immortals can shoot up.
holy shit that's a lot of changes.

wow just finished the campaign , I guess that leaked ending from 2 years ago turned out to be true.

So fucking awful... my god.

It boggles my mind how they turned "zeratul" into a fucking garbage prophet. Ah well....

Almighty

Speaking of that does anyone know what that is for?

Most seem to think it is some kind of stealth always online/DRM, but my brother played the campaign with no internet for a whole day so it doesn't stop that.

Top Bottom