• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

profit

Why have we fucked up EU clan? We have one NeoGAF or is that Group? and one GAF...

Yeah groups are public, clans are private so I created them both....
The neogaf group is more of a waiting queue so me or someone else can invite the people to the clan.

Boken

Banned
1v1 is so hard now

i have no idea what im doing

i basically let a terran sit on 2 bases and just sat on 200/200 cos i was too scared to attack him

a duuuuh i shouldve just scouted him

profit

1v1 is so hard now

i have no idea what im doing

i basically let a terran sit on 2 bases and just sat on 200/200 cos i was too scared to attack him

a duuuuh i shouldve scouted

If he only sits on two bases, just take the rest of the map; build more productions facilities and throw your army at him.
What race do you play?

Boken

Banned
zerg

i got none of the ole sc instincts
last ranked game played was like 100 weeks ago

i forgot vipers had dark swarm too, so i just let him have his tanks

maybe i shouldve chain pulled his tanks with a conga line of swarm hosts into my units

profit

zerg

i got none of the ole sc instincts
last ranked game played was like 100 weeks ago

i forgot vipers had dark swarm too, so i just let him have his tanks

maybe i shouldve chain pulled his tanks with a conga line of swarm hosts into my units

What units did he have?
Got a replay you can share?

Boken

Banned
oh, there was no problem - i won that game, i just felt silly because there was so much i couldve done to end the game a lot sooner

i had swarm hosts in front of his base with ling/bane/ultra off on the side waiting for him to move out to flank him + vipers for fun, going to 5 base just sitting on 10000 resources because i didnt want to attack into an unknown number of widow mines/tanks

suddenly 15 BCs fly out of his base so i just think 'fuck it' and wait for them to leave base and attack it. then i realise vipers can dark swarm so i just DS his defense (which was small- hence my frustration at myself for not scouting)

That feel when you play a Zerg that is 2 basing, then immortal sentry allin him.
Cqhi74y.jpg
Addin the fact that he ran away from a hallucinated colossi, and proceeded to BM me and make fun of my 200 APM lol. This is pretty much why I play starcraft lol.
http://drop.sc/310696

V_Arnold

EscapingJail, any advice for a Zerg (me) about how to stop such pushes? Defending just about right against such pushes continue to be a mistery to me :p

V_Arnold

swarmhosts
n lings

or so i hear

Swarmhosts by that time? Hm, that should be borderline risky, but I admit, I never tried that one. So far, a mix of roaches, mass lingz and a moderate amount of spines were at my doorstep. Whether the lings can be effective or not makes or break the encounters...

f0rk

Swarmhosts by that time? Hm, that should be borderline risky, but I admit, I never tried that one. So far, a mix of roaches, mass lingz and a moderate amount of spines were at my doorstep. Whether the lings can be effective or not makes or break the encounters...

Try reading this

Nome

LOL. The last mission in Skygeirr is a DBZ tug-of-war where you have to lower the bad guy's power level? Really? This is pretty hilarious. Somewhat creative though. :p

Oh well, time to build to 200 supply and press F2.

I loved that mission. Although I wish they ended it with all of the zerg lending their psi energy to Kerrigan for a giant spirit bomb.

Ketch

I laughed when the MLG announcer said: "Tell your friends to stop watching leauge of legends and come watch Starcraft, it's good I swear!"

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I laughed when the MLG announcer said: "Tell your friends to stop watching leauge of legends and come watch Starcraft, it's good I swear!"
Been hearing a lot of talk about how it's changing to the eSport of choice. But that sentence sounds too ridiculous for me to take seriously. It's vidya man. I do wish there would be a Barcraft event near me.
I love repears but wouldn't 1 marader kill them?
If they research concussive shells, in which case 1 rax reaper until you scout, then if you see tech lab just skip and tech up.
tvt opening kind of sucks now with the reaper gambling game as explained by a b.net poster Giantorange:

Two rax reaper kills the vast majority of openings in TvT. Banshee's are no longer possible. Helion aggression might not be possible anymore because you'll die first. Gasless FE is no longer possible. Marine helion medivac elevator is no longer possible.

The only thing that's decent against two rax reaper in marauder concussive expand which ironically is terrible against one rax reaper.

TvT became a terrible matchup very quickly since you've just made it a gambling match of everyone opening either two rax reaper or 1 rax reaper which can be made unscoutable which one a person is going for. So you'll open one rax reaper and you can either go reapers and pray your opponent isn't going two rax reaper and will kill you or you can go marauders and pray your opponent isn't going one rax reaper...because it has an advantage on you.

TvT seems to be in a pretty bad spot.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Imo marauders shouldn't have tech lab requirement.

EscapingJail, any advice for a Zerg (me) about how to stop such pushes? Defending just about right against such pushes continue to be a mistery to me :p

Same as WoL but there are some extra options now, Like the swarm host can be an effective addon... But yeah I've not really well versed in it since I only do immo sentry allin about 1 out of 20 games.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sooo... the only infantry unit that would require a tech lab is ghosts, and you want reactored mauraders?
Reactored marauders sounds sexy as hell :3

Aylinato

Reactored marauders sounds sexy as hell :3

O god no
Although, if we could have campaign upgrades in MP, then I'd choose yes because then we'd get flying lings. Think of the possibilities!!

O yea, when did siege tech come naturally or is that a team game thing?

duckroll

I was just thinking about how fucking long it takes for Blizzard to release games, and goddamn, Starcraft 2 really is a game which spans this entire generation, and more. Lol.

??? 2003 - Starcraft 2 starts development at Blizzard
Nov 2005 - Xbox360 is released to the market
Nov 2006 - Playstation 3 is released to the market
End 2006 - Starcraft 2 multiplayer engine functional
May 2007 - Starcraft 2 is officially announced
Jul 2010 - Wings of Liberty is released to the market
Mar 2013 - Heart of the Swarm is released to the market
??? 2013 - Playstation 4 will be released to the market
??? 2013 - Next Xbox will be released to the market
???????? - Legacy of the Void will be released to the market

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I was just thinking about how fucking long it takes for Blizzard to release games, and goddamn, Starcraft 2 really is a game which spans this entire generation, and more. Lol.

??? 2003 - Starcraft 2 starts development at Blizzard
Nov 2005 - Xbox360 is released to the market
Nov 2006 - Playstation 3 is released to the market
End 2006 - Starcraft 2 multiplayer engine functional
May 2007 - Starcraft 2 is officially announced
Jul 2010 - Wings of Liberty is released to the market
Mar 2013 - Heart of the Swarm is released to the market
??? 2013 - Playstation 4 will be released to the market
??? 2013 - Next Xbox will be released to the market
???????? - Legacy of the Void will be released to the market

Cant wait for starcraft 3!

RPGCrazied

I don't have the game yet, hope to get it on Monday. Has any secret missions been found? Or is 20 it? How long do those take? I'm not really into mulitplayer so.

farnham

Banned
finished the games.

yay raynor and kerrigan are back together

I don't have the game yet, hope to get it on Monday. Has any secret missions been found? Or is 20 it? How long do those take? I'm not really into mulitplayer so.

my count says 27 missions

i have no knowledge of any secret missions.

Beat the game... Single player had some fun missions but that story... yeesh.

Just started playing multiplayer. Protoss were my least fav before, but holy hell I'm loving the new units and adjustments.

About story: spoilers
Blizzard played the story REALLY safe.
Like, how safe is this plot line? Kerrigan returns to swarm. Revenges on Mengsk. The end.
I actually thought the campaign itself was quite well designed, but the story is so minimal that I'm not sure if we can even see it as "story". It was literally some fun "missions" at best.

SO glad I did normal difficulty campaign (all achievements) first.
You can take all the upgrades with you when you tackle Brutals!!!

For anyone that plans to start campaign, follow this route:

• Normal (optional:all achievements) ->Brutal

JJD

finished the games.

yay raynor and kerrigan are back together

my count says 27 missions

i have no knowledge of any secret missions.

Bu bu but...
they were never together before SC2...they hated each other on SC1 and Brood Wars...
. ;-)

Ok, I need help with Protoss strategy. I start off by making Probes until I hit the supply cap, then I send one to make a Pylon and a Gateway. I've put in enough minerals to make another Gateway, and while I'm at it, make more probes to build an Assimilator and start mining Vespene. The two Gateways are built and I start warping in Zealots. When I get enough, I build a Cybernetics Core and research the Warp Gate. After converting my Gateways, I start putting out Stalkers and more Zealots when I can. Maybe I'll put in a Stargate. It's at this point my opponent comes in and overwhelms me with a huge army. Any tips?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Ok, I need help with Protoss strategy. I start off by making Probes until I hit the supply cap

There are better players than me that can help with the rest, but the first issue I see is this. You want to build your pylon/depot/overload/whatever before you hit the supply cap, in fact try to time it so that you'll hit the cap right as the pylon is finishing.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
anyone having any issues with some of the kerrigan acheivements? I need a few of the individual skill ones to 100% the campaign but I cant seem to make any progress on them, I use her abilities but the scale never goes up in the achievement menu, wondering if im doing something wrong.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
anyone having any issues with some of the kerrigan acheivements? I need a few of the individual skill ones to 100% the campaign but I cant seem to make any progress on them, I use her abilities but the scale never goes up in the achievement menu, wondering if im doing something wrong.

A lot of those have a hidden "In a single mission" qualifier. The number its showing is the highest its attained in a single mission.

Top Bottom