• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

The F2 select all army button pretty much revealed to me how shit my army control and command grouping is when I found myself relying on that shit all throughout the campaign.

"I'll group these guys and these guys, send them here, and them there, and---WHAT THE FUCK HALF MY GUYS AREN'T DOING SHIT, FUCK IT F2-A-CLICK."

F2 is very useful but it sucks when you have units positioned somewhere to block/scout and they come back to join your main army.

I got a 5 game win streak and got back into Gold so I was pretty happy. Surprisingly I didn't play any Protoss today. Lets see what happens tomorrow.

profit

Finally got around to watching some replays!!

I have to say, nice job of keeping your workers cranking out. After that first engagement, I thought you were behind but you were able to keep cranking out production and getting your third saturated. Though I will say, as a zerg I always try to keep a spore colony at each base for detection, and so my opponent won't see me leaving my base. He had that observer at your natural for most of the game, so he was always aware when your army left. Those pesky protoss and their sneaky observers...
Hey thanks for watching and commentating!
Yeah for months I had done nothing but focussing on building SCV's thanks to FilterSC. My goal is always about 55 SCV's around the 10 minute mark. It's stopping the SCV production that is mostly a problem in the late game....
And youre right I should get a turret at every base to spot such things.

Have you uploaded a replay yet? I dont think you have, but I could be wrong. If you do, I'll watch is ASAP!

Son1x

I keep getting ladder matches vs. people who are so far beyond me. First a Gold, then a Masters, then a Plat. Stop it, HoTS. Just give me silvers or high bronzes.

Well, it might have to do with the new league distribution. In WoL it was supposedly 20/20/20 for Bronze/Silver/Gold, now its something like 8/12/32. So someone that was silver in WoL is supposedly low Gold.

Well, it might have to do with the new league distribution. In WoL it was supposedly 20/20/20 for Bronze/Silver/Gold, now its something like 8/12/32. So someone that was silver in WoL is supposedly low Gold.

They left silver league at 20 actually and put the 12% from bronze into gold. The main point was to fix up bronze because too many players in bronze weren't really bronze league material anymore. Was a huge difference between top bronze and bottom bronze.

I really binged on the campaign yesterday. I thought I loved WOL campaign, this one is just fantastic. I never really played Zerg so this is making me play it now and I like it. Although it just makes me crave the Protoss expansion pretty damn bad.

Question though for those that beat it. I just
killed the hybrids and I am currently doing that set of missions
how much more is left?

I really binged on the campaign yesterday. I thought I loved WOL campaign, this one is just fantastic. I never really played Zerg so this is making me play it now and I like it. Although it just makes me crave the Protoss expansion pretty damn bad.

Question though for those that beat it. I just
killed the hybrids and I am currently doing that set of missions
how much more is left?

Just the
missions in Dominion space. There are 3 of them and they easily best in the campaign. Get hype.

Berksy

At the lasr part of campaign and i am liking it. Some missions look like training for Blizzard All Stars :D Actually will try to play online this time.

HappyHunting

Neo Member
Figured the Protoss in here would want this too.

Build order for MC's PvT build.

9 pylon
3 chrono nexus
13 gate
14 gas
15 gas
16 pylon
18 cyber /scout
pylon
stalker/warpgate
Mothership core
stalker
2x cb on gate per stalker
Stargate

It's rough but I pulled it from MC's MLG games. you go into 2-3 oracle with a phoenix followup depending on if they are going triple rax or early factory.

I was playing with this exact opening last night as well after those games. Hardest thing is transitioning properly imo. Found that going into Colossus if you kept up Phoneix product is the best route, the phoenix will soak up viking shots. And with no ghosts on the field the composition works... You just need to either kill them or grab a third with your 2-3 coloss push or hold, and go templar... again from what I have seen so far.

J2d

I have been oblivious to some of the changes in hots so I just now noticed vortex is gone. Lets say for arguments sake that we ever get a PvZ that goes beyond ling muta (yes I'm salty, adding insult to injury I also checked out the GSL winners which is fucking sad, fuck the ratio), what is protoss supposed to do nowadays if we ever get to a infestor/brood/swarm army? Or did the infestor changes render it useless to pros?

Tiamant

Yeah, same thing happens to me, as a match progresses the number of resource stalls increases, any way to decrease this amount?

The only solution I've found is to install Razer's Game Booster, there are less stalls and fps seem more stable (still, worse than WoL) but now I see my laptop burns like hell (88ºC) :(

profit

I have been oblivious to some of the changes in hots so I just now noticed vortex is gone. Lets say for arguments sake that we ever get a PvZ that goes beyond ling muta (yes I'm salty, adding insult to injury I also checked out the GSL winners which is fucking sad, fuck the ratio), what is protoss supposed to do nowadays if we ever get to a infestor/brood/swarm army? Or did the infestor changes render it useless to pros?
The Tempest was put in to counter broodlords.

HappyHunting

Neo Member

Tempest/Void/Templar... Unbeatable.

Aylinato

The Tempest was put in to counter broodlords.

Which reminds me that I fooled 3 other people in a 3v3 with hallucinated colosi because of my 8 sentries. They quit as soon as they saw 10 colosi running into their front door. Ahhahahhahahahahaha, they were fake. Good times.

Also some dude went mass locus-producers vs my mass muta/brood lord. I won as he forgot they don't hit air(his ally even went mass Thor and I just remaxxed every time I'd charge in. It was beautiful.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Tempest/Void/Templar... Unbeatable.

swarm host/viper/corruptor works out pretty well from what i've seen.

zone out HTs with locusts, abduct voids with viper, eat whole with corruptor. just makes sure you have a bed of spores to hang out on.

Wunder

http://drop.sc/311069 - TvP Daybreak [Diamond]

Hello!

This was a very fresh TvP I just played on Daybreak, so excuse any lingering rage/anger that may seep into this description. It was a fairly standard game, he defended my drops well and easily, I didn't really do anything with them. Nevertheless we kind of stabilized and maxed out.

Here is where it got bad, you'll see multiple engagements in the late game where we just sort of clash, and I have no idea what to remax on. Is he getting 2x colossi? Templar? Pure Zealot Archon and rushing me? I feel like I have to have 50 of each production building to combat just 2 robos and infinity gateways. Another problem I have is landing good EMPs. The only time I've landed 'sick EMPs' is when a protoss doesn't have an observer and I can sneak in with 6 ghosts and blanket everything. This guy really loves his obs and he catches my ghosts out almost every time, which means I have a tough time EMPing his templar.

Anyway, would love some feedback :)|) on the game. Please don't be too critical as this is just Diamond.

edit: also I really liked his oracle usage.

profit

http://drop.sc/311069 - TvP Daybreak [Diamond]

Hello!

This was a very fresh TvP I just played on Daybreak, so excuse any lingering rage/anger that may seep into this description. It was a fairly standard game, he defended my drops well and easily, I didn't really do anything with them. Nevertheless we kind of stabilized and maxed out.

Here is where it got bad, you'll see multiple engagements in the late game where we just sort of clash, and I have no idea what to remax on. Is he getting 2x colossi? Templar? Pure Zealot Archon and rushing me? I feel like I have to have 50 of each production building to combat just 2 robos and infinity gateways. Another problem I have is landing good EMPs. The only time I've landed 'sick EMPs' is when a protoss doesn't have an observer and I can sneak in with 6 ghosts and blanket everything. This guy really loves his obs and he catches my ghosts out almost every time, which means I have a tough time EMPing his templar.

Anyway, would love some feedback :)|) on the game. Please don't be too critical as this is just Diamond.

edit: also I really liked his oracle usage.
Wunder! Thanks for sharing.
I'll download it when I get home and take a look at it!

That reminds me, we still have to play some TvZ; unless you can find someone who actually plays Zerg.
Hit me up when you are able to play.

Wunder

Wunder! Thanks for sharing.
I'll download it when I get home and take a look at it!

That reminds me, we still have to play some TvZ; unless you can find someone who actually plays Zerg.
Hit me up when you are able to play.

Yeah I've found one or two zerg practice partners, I think I have an opener down... Just need to figure out how to fight Ultralisks.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Game is en route from Amazon. Should be here tomorrow. I've been playing some WoL to get back into the groove of things. I'm really excited man. I hope I can take my game to the next level.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Game is en route from Amazon. Should be here tomorrow. I've been playing some WoL to get back into the groove of things. I'm really excited man. I hope I can take my game to the next level.
Gl Tashi! Keep us updated. Your last WoL rank was gold right?

I was playing with this exact opening last night as well after those games. Hardest thing is transitioning properly imo. Found that going into Colossus if you kept up Phoneix product is the best route, the phoenix will soak up viking shots. And with no ghosts on the field the composition works... You just need to either kill them or grab a third with your 2-3 coloss push or hold, and go templar... again from what I have seen so far.

From what I was seeing if they go 1 rax 1 fact opening you stop at 3 oracle, and immediately go 6 phoenix.

if they open 3 rax you just keep making oracle till you hit 6 then stop oracle production completely.

MC ending up going collisi followup every game he made the phoenix and he went templar almost every game he did not.

T.O.P

Banned
K went from Silver to Gold League, better than i thought

Still, i'm totally lost when it comes to long vs, i just can't keep up with so many things happening on screen and i fuck up my production and strategy pretty easely :(

HappyHunting

Neo Member
From what I was seeing if they go 1 rax 1 fact opening you stop at 3 oracle, and immediately go 6 phoenix.

if they open 3 rax you just keep making oracle till you hit 6 then stop oracle production completely.

MC ending up going collisi followup every game he made the phoenix and he went templar almost every game he did not.

I love new protoss :)

Willectro

Banned
I like this game, but I'm pretty tired of getting decimated in Ranked (bronze at that). I was never all that great (but in WoL I could at least win 30-40% of the time), but 9 times out of 10 when I look at someones profile after the game, they were gold or higher last season. Wtf is that shit? It's a waste of time for both players. Unranked is a completely mixed bag right now. I thought the change of the bronze pool to 8% would've made it pretty easy. The only thing I can thing of is the majority of people who have already picked up HotS are veteran players, and I'm just getting destroyed while they do their placements. Either way, this sucks.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How is everyone enjoying HotS so far?!

I like this game, but I'm pretty tired of getting decimated in Ranked (bronze at that). I was never all that great (but in WoL I could at least win 30-40% of the time), but 9 times out of 10 when I look at someones profile after the game, they were gold or higher last season. Wtf is that shit? It's a waste of time for both players. Unranked is a completely mixed bag right now. I thought the change of the bronze pool to 8% would've made it pretty easy. The only thing I can thing of is the majority of people who have already picked up HotS are veteran players, and I'm just getting destroyed while they do their placements. Either way, this sucks.

If you are low ranked in terms of skill then yes you will get beat up during placements, till the game finds the correct mmr for you. But if you haven't played in forever try the training mode and vs AI till you get the hang of things.

Even the bronze players in WoL got better.

MedIC86

Im not really educated on the pro scene on SC2, but i just read on reddit that cloud stops, now i dont know him or really care for it but in the comments a few people say probarly some foreign players will quit this year because of not being able to keep up with the koreans (as usual since SC1 was released) what do you guys think of this subject?

JLeack

Banned
K went from Silver to Gold League, better than i thought

Still, i'm totally lost when it comes to long vs, i just can't keep up with so many things happening on screen and i fuck up my production and strategy pretty easely :(

Same here. I think it comes with practice.

Jinaar

Really enjoying the single player game. In no rush to finish it and making sure I do all the achievements per mission before moving to the next. This has help me to improve my APM and macro/micro better.

Top Bottom