• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Evilore, god bless his name, has promised a prize in form of a tag to the champion of the tournament.

So... this is your chance to become one of the tagged
Seriously? Fucking amazing!!!
Yoshi, why haven't you signed up for the tournament?

Fuuuuuuuu
Been posting from phone the entire day, will register when I'm on my PC. When is the last day to sign up?

J2d

Evilore, god bless his name, has promised a prize in form of a tag to the champion of the tournament.

So... this is your chance to become one of the tagged
I demand a bronze to gold league tournament so us starcraft peasants have a chance!

V_Arnold

How about some serious random newb questions?

If I put all my hatcheries in ctrl group 5, is there a fast way to switch my between them? I want to be able to inject larvae faster, but right now I hit 5,5 go back to my main base and then have to scroll the screen over to my 2nd and 3rd. Select my queens, hit v, click the hatch... ugh takes forever.

Also, any tips for spreading creep faster? The pros are SOOO freaking good at it, like half of the map in 10 minutes, and I can't even get it spread from my 2nd to 3rd. I know more tumors means faster growth, but how does it not take forever to move all the creep tumors up?

I guess a lot of this just comes down to practice. I'm getting a lot better at teching up and getting upgrades, but still suffer greatly when it comes to switching between controlling my army on the field and building things in my base.

Here is how I work, and it has been working me for 2+ years on MP:

Queens on 0 (all queens!)
All hatcheries on 4
Optional: hatcheries where I am "hiding" them: 5 (so I do not accidentally reveal them by unit spawns going back from there)
W key bind to "switch between base cameras - but does not change your current unit selection

Fast inject with this setup: 0 (select all queens), w (camera on base), v+click in the middle of the screen, w (next base), v+click, w, v+click - repeat until done. Fast and effortless. Back to 4 or 1 (main army/Production, depending on what you want) after you are done.

I use 2 or 3 as casters/Mutalisks with this setup.

Vaporak

So does anyone understand PvP in HotS? I sure as hell don't. I've been getting back into playing and I'm 7-1 vs Terran and 1-5 vs Protoss :(
Anyone with any PvP tips would be greatly appreciated. >.>

Picked this up today and looked at my stats from the last time I played. 4 wins, last match 143 weeks ago...

I really should stick with it longer this time. I get rocked online and give up quickly

Just did my placements for NA and ended up in Platinum. I guess I can officially say that NA Platinum = KR Silver :p

Sounds about right actually. I heard people saying NA masters is like korean diamond so that doesn't really seem unreasonable.

Congrats on the plat. I used to be that back in Wings. Unlikely to make it there this time :(

Man I was having fun playing unranked as random until I went from gold to diamond as zerg on the ladder, now I can't win a damn game as any other race. I should probably put more time into learning builds for the other races but I wish it had separate mmr for each race even if it was only used in unranked. Kind of torn on if I want to push for masters as zerg or learn terran and protoss better first.

Man I was having fun playing unranked as random until I went from gold to diamond as zerg on the ladder, now I can't win a damn game as any other race. I should probably put more time into learning builds for the other races but I wish it had separate mmr for each race even if it was only used in unranked. Kind of torn on if I want to push for masters as zerg or learn terran and protoss better first.

You could offrace on another region. That's what i've been doing

SamuraiX-

My first time ever doing GSTL fantasy.

SamuraiX-

Main Team
2 -
Picon_small.png
Avenge
4 -
Zicon_small.png
BboongBboong
6 -
Ticon_small.png
Bomber
4 -
Ticon_small.png
Dream
2 -
Zicon_small.png
Golden (captain)
6 -
Picon_small.png
MC
4 -
Ticon_small.png
Mvp
6 -
Ticon_small.png
YoDa
2 - Team PRIME

Anti Team
4 -
Picon_small.png
Alicia
5 -
Picon_small.png
Hurricane(Tear)
4 -
Picon_small.png
Tassadar

dat Terran swaaag

The times for the matches are fucking retarded though.

Ketch

Just beat MEDIUM AI for the first time! FLEX.

Here's my strategies so far:

vs. terran build banelings
vs. protoss build roach/hydra

can't loose.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait, so you get placed in divisions (gold, plat etc) in unranked matches?

Ketch

Wait, so you get placed in divisions (gold, plat etc) in unranked matches?

No, I don't think so, it considers your hidden MMR and then you can go back and look at the profiles of the people you played... but it doesn't actually change your standing or label you as gold or whatever.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
what im looking forward to the most after the next expansion is the multiplayer mods using all the single player units for all 3 races....

Slavik81

I'm not exactly fond of the Zerg's new units, but at least Hydras and Ultras are a lot better now.

Ah, that off-creep speed upgrade did look new. And Ultralisks now do their vs. armoured damage against everyone? Cool.

Is there a list of all these changes somewhere?

StayDead

My team for GSTL Fantasy, never done one outside of the Kespa players so I couldn't fanboy it up with SKT players sooo I went with Axiom/Azubu since it's basically new SlayerS.

eSF SKT

Main Team
4 BboongBboong
Ticon_small.png
Dream
Ticon_small.png
Eve
Picon_small.png
[/IMG] First
3 NesTea
Ticon_small.png
Ryung (captain)
Ticon_small.png
SuperNova
Ticon_small.png
YoDa
2 AxiomAcer

Anti Team
Picon_small.png
San
Picon_small.png
Tassadar
Picon_small.png
YongHwa

ghst

thanks for the laugh
My team for GSTL Fantasy, never done one outside of the Kespa players so I couldn't fanboy it up with SKT players sooo I went with Axiom/Azubu since it's basically new SlayerS.

eSF SKT

Main Team
4 BboongBboong
Ticon_small.png
Dream
Ticon_small.png
Eve
Picon_small.png
[/IMG] First
3 NesTea
Ticon_small.png
Ryung (captain)
Ticon_small.png
SuperNova
Ticon_small.png
YoDa
2 AxiomAcer

Anti Team
Picon_small.png
San
Picon_small.png
Tassadar
Picon_small.png
YongHwa

yonghwa on your anti team?

know something i don't?

a3den

Cool, can't access it from work but I'm pumped. I'll probably badly fail despite hours of thinking about my optimal team, just like FPL.

MVP and Keen seem good value for points.

ShaneB

Think I need to concede on replaying through WoL on hard and just get back to normal. I'm so terrible and it's just making me angry when I realize I'm not good at any sort of multitasking. lol It just seems oddly balanced, I'm finding some missions really easy, and others where I'm put against a clock of sorts is where I fall apart. :( Ah well. I'll just go back to normal and think and just get off the rust.

Aylinato

Think I need to concede on replaying through WoL on hard and just get back to normal. I'm so terrible and it's just making me angry when I realize I'm not good at any sort of multitasking. lol It just seems oddly balanced, I'm finding some missions really easy, and others where I'm put against a clock of sorts is where I fall apart. :( Ah well. I'll just go back to normal and think and just get off the rust.

Zerglings, roaches, hydras, queens. You'll be fine we believe in you.

Top Bottom