• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

ghst

thanks for the laugh
GSTL in 6 1/2 hours. new game, new studio.

time for ruin to prove himself the bargain of the century.

FluxWaveZ

Sigh,

just my luck. Faced 2 master league players during my placements. Won 3 out of 5 games. Ended up in silver.

It's more fun to climb up the rankings than it is to stay in the same league. If you're really not supposed to be in Silver, then you'll be promoted pretty quickly (I was placed in Silver as well).

Wunder

It's more fun to climb up the rankings than it is to stay in the same league. If you're really not supposed to be in Silver, then you'll be promoted pretty quickly (I was placed in Silver as well).

Yeah I started in Silver. Probably the best time you'll have since you'll get a huge win streak as you work up through gold, plat then diamond. I got promoted twice in two consecutive games from plat to diamond because my streak was going well. Unfortunately you will rarely ever get another streak like that again, unless you intentionally dip your mmr down by losing a bunch of games.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
it's really weird trying to re-learn patience in PvZ, knowing that ultimately i'll always have the best hand if i stick it out.

i've taken to opening phoenix every time because fuck mutas.

Ketch

Played two placement matches.

First one ended up being against an Unranked 1v1 diamond player/3v3 master player. Lost that one pretty bad.... I played like crap anyway, instant supply block at 10 food, late pool late hatch, but then he came with like 50 zerglings and I couldn't do anything anyway.

but then RAWWWRRRR! like a Zergling emerging from the spawning pool I came back with a vengeance and won my next placement match against what turned out to be a gold ranked zerg!

I barely defended his early attack and then barely managed to beat him in the end. Here's the replay: http://drop.sc/312140 When I played WoL I quit because I could never beat anyone above silver... so it feels really good to come back after that huge break and see some improvement. I think I might be getting over the 1v1 anxiety too, which is another awesome feeling.

I know it's super low level, and there's not much to look at, but How should I have defended his early attack? I should have put spines down as soon as my natural went up, and I probably should have had at least another queen... but my micro is terrible my queen got crushed, it felt bad.

Edit: crap I forgot to mention my amazing a-move to win with the roaches. Been watching too much filtersc.

Igaunt35

Neo Member
My GSTL fantasy team

gg no ree

Main Team
2 -
Picon_small.png
AcE
6 -
Ticon_small.png
Bomber (captain)
2 -
Picon_small.png
InCa
4 -
Zicon_small.png
JKS
2 -
Ticon_small.png
SalvatioN
5 -
Ticon_small.png
SuperNova
6 -
Ticon_small.png
YoDa
5 -
Picon_small.png
YongHwa
4 - Team AZUBU

Anti Team
5 -
Zicon_small.png
NAKSEO(Monster)
4 -
Zicon_small.png
Scarlett
4 -
Picon_small.png
TAiLS

We need a GSTL thread, someone mind making one?

Also Keen better win vs Alicia because otherwise I will lose points lol. I love you Axiom-Acer but you need to take one for the sake of my points!

sixghost

I was watching Ret play ZvZ on his stream, and he was doing this trick that I can't figure out. When he was morphing mutas, he was somehow adding the eggs into his muta control group as soon as he morphed them. Can you just do something like ctrl+shift+muta control group number?

Aylinato

I was watching Ret play ZvZ on his stream, and he was doing this trick that I can't figure out. When he was morphing mutas, he was somehow adding the eggs into his muta control group as soon as he morphed them. Can you just do something like ctrl+shift+muta control group number?

Click, shift+number of control group.

Yeah control click the egg icons and it will select only the eggs and not the larva, then shift + control group key to add them.

Ketch

You can add them to the control group while their still in the egg... so as long as your only building one unit type you can just add them to the group right then... so for example:

S, Z, Z, ZZZZZZZ, crtl+1 all the zerglings you just made go to control 1

S, D, Z, Z, ZZZZ, crtl+1 all the zerglings and that one drone go to control 1

If you're wondering about what to buy and considering Proleague, realize that Proleague is only 5 dollars for way more content than either the GSL or GSTL. It's like 6 months of matches or something crazy like that, great value.

Not only that but because the breaks in between matches are as long as the games themselves you get twice as much content!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Jesus. Imagine if the protoss was sandbagging and suddenly forcefielded and stormed the fuck out of those banelings.

eh look at the resources and food count before the battle, even if he eliminated the whole baneling force without losing much, I could just remax in a min lol

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
LOL Talk about deathball armies. That is one lean mean green deathball machine.

How many Banes was that?

Honestly I have no idea...that was like 6+ months ago but if I remember right I only had drones/queens/banelings in that game. :p

Sometimes I just like to troll lower leagues after awhile, its enjoying.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I am sick and fucking tired of playing 250+ APM players when Im sitting in bronze. This is fucking ridiculous. 4 of my last 5 losses have been against players like that.

Edit: And another. Fuck the shitty ass matchmaking in this game.

FluxWaveZ

Aw, what the fuck @ this match of mine. Soon after a loss I suffered from someone even after I predicted their 6-7 Pool because of their freaking username.

ZvT. I see their proxy rax coming. So instead of expanding, I go Pool first and I make lings and banelings for what I guess is an all-in? Thought I did enough damage, but he bounces back and destroys me.

I play too much to be this bad.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Aw, what the fuck @ this match of mine. Soon after a loss I suffered from someone even after I predicted their 6-7 Pool because of their freaking username.

ZvT. I see their proxy rax coming. So instead of expanding, I go Pool first and I make lings and banelings for what I guess is an all-in? Thought I did enough damage, but he bounces back and destroys me.

I play too much to be this bad.

i'm more confused as to why someone in diamond is only building one single marine at a time out of his 4 raxes (+ multiple tech labs) despite having lings/banes in his base and floating 500 minerals.

Slavik81

I am sick and fucking tired of playing 250+ APM players when Im sitting in bronze. This is fucking ridiculous. 4 of my last 5 losses have been against players like that.

Edit: And another. Fuck the shitty ass matchmaking in this game.

What? I don't think I've ever seen a 250APM player on ladder. And I was playing Diamond/Master League players. Everyone was well below 100, IIRC.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait, I didn't know you and Yoshi were a couple.

;)
I wish :(

edit: Speaking of APM, it's completely broken in HotS for some reason. I had 220-250 in WoL, in HotS I can reach 400 :lol

Had my first online game last night, 2 v 2

we won, I'm too good (I suicided my units at every possible opportunity)

Lasted an hour and my APM was just OP.

I'm sure this has already been answered but is there a way I can specifically pick one unit type out and group them together.

I just usually get a hodge podge of an army together and send them in even though it's the wrong thing to do.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Allright, I'm postive my girlfriend has a built in Starcraft radar....
Ever since HoTS came out, I did not play my placement matches because my girlfriend was home everytime; and she has the habbit of starting to talk to me or ask me questions while I'm playing which just fucks up my play.
So today, she was going to drink a coffee with a friend after her classes so I thought to myself "great, finally going to play my matches".
And offcourse during every game she was calling and texting me.... So yeah I played horrible, and got placed in Silver again -_- FFS I was finally starting out of that division!
She doesnt do it on purpose, but damn I'm pretty upset right now, especially since I won 3 of the 5 matches....
Oh well, time to grind the ladder again.

Sorry for the rant, I really just wanted to atleast stay in gold....
Sounds identical to my situation just a couple of months ago.

Bro, make sure to TELL HER THAT STARCRAFT IS IMPORTANT. I've told my girl over and over again how focused I have to be when I play. When she texted me in the middle of a game and I didn't respond back in seconds, she'd think I was mad at her or something. Nowadays she knows that I'm playing a game if I don't respond back immediately.

Tell her before it gets too late and she gets way comfy.

jersoc

so i've been trying out that staircase method and it's been helping pretty decently in my spending so far. just messing around with the AI for now since step 1 is just build lings. but this has been pretty effective against very harder AI. managed to hold a banshee rush with 4 queens and 3 spores even and sent lings to their base to rock their world.

i should play my placement soon. i know i'll get just get in silver anyways so whatever.

profit

Sounds identical to my situation just a couple of months ago.

Bro, make sure to TELL HER THAT STARCRAFT IS IMPORTANT. I've told my girl over and over again how focused I have to be when I play. When she texted me in the middle of a game and I didn't respond back in seconds, she'd think I was mad at her or something. Nowadays she knows that I'm playing a game if I don't respond back immediately.

Tell her before it gets too late and she gets way comfy.

lol man she knows; and RL is more important then a game. I was just a bit ticked of yesterday cause I'm pretty overworked and I have another straight week of 12 hours ahead of me....

Striek

Does anyone else hate how the Oracle was meant to be a good harass unit for Protoss that didn't directly do damage, and it turned out to be an absurdly gimmicky unit that deals damage stupidly fast and dies even stupidly faster.

You can blind counter it easily, and you only get one chance to surprise the opponent and do damge with them in a game.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
GSTL in two minutes, FXO vs. LG-IM

http://www.gomtv.net/live/index.gom?conid=72092

Does anyone else hate how the Oracle was meant to be a good harass unit for Protoss that didn't directly do damage, and it turned out to be an absurdly gimmicky unit that deals damage stupidly fast and dies even stupidly faster.

You can blind counter it easily, and you only get one chance to surprise the opponent and do damge with them in a game.

it wouldn't be so offensive if zerg didn't now have zero tech requirement for spores. such a boneheaded decision.

Against early terran that didn't open factory or doesn't have a Ebay, Oracle is so good.

Top Bottom