• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

V_Arnold

Collosai looking so useless. :/

I do not think so. It is just that without proper stalker support, they are the ONLY threat - of course (Viper+a zerg army 3 times the size that of the P's) can neutralize that. If anything, this match showed how insane they were in WoL where there was no abduct. :(

J2d

Does anyone else hate how the Oracle was meant to be a good harass unit for Protoss that didn't directly do damage, and it turned out to be an absurdly gimmicky unit that deals damage stupidly fast and dies even stupidly faster.

You can blind counter it easily, and you only get one chance to surprise the opponent and do damge with them in a game.
What happened to entombed or whatever the mineral block thing was called?

Vaporak

That razor thin defense from Yoda won him the game. It takes some balls to see that many banelings coming and send out two drops.

Zzoram

How do I get the Mastery achievement on Pitfall? Kill all Dominion buildings on hard before the 5th bile launcher lands. I can't seem to achieve this fast enough.

HappyHunting

Neo Member
Oracles aren't just a "rush out and do as much eco damage early" unit in my opinion.

I'm still slowly getting back into the groove but the two other abilities on this unit are quite useful.

Detection: No need to gg if a banshee with cloak or dt is in your base and you only have a stargate.

Thingie that stick to units and shows their position: I haven't had a chance to use this often, but I can see it's potential on drop management and army positioning. Also not sure if useful but if you plop this down on worker lines... potential to see tech immediately ?

Aylinato

Oracles aren't just a "rush out and do as much eco damage early" unit in my opinion.

I'm still slowly getting back into the groove but the two other abilities on this unit are quite useful.

Detection: No need to gg if a banshee with cloak or dt is in your base and you only have a stargate.

Thingie that stick to units and shows their position: I haven't had a chance to use this often, but I can see it's potential on drop management and army positioning. Also not sure if useful but if you plop this down on worker lines... potential to see tech immediately ?

to be honest the only new units I've used so far have been the mothership core, widow mines, and hellbats.

Other than that I haven't used anything. lol

Wunder

Yeah Revelation will be used in the later stages of the game for sure. It is RIDICULOUS. 60 second scan that sticks to units that you can't dispel??? Wuttttttt

SamuraiX-

I love this the most about it.

Hope this means no more games where someone gets proxy DT'd and they just fucking die because they didn't automatically opt for robo tech.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Why can't I click on a building that's in production and see what it is anymore? I can't even click on enemy units to see what their upgrades are at either. I think I fucked something up in the settings.

HappyHunting

Neo Member
Why can't I click on a building that's in production and see what it is anymore? I can't even click on enemy units to see what their upgrades are at either. I think I fucked something up in the settings.

Go into the gameplay options and check the box that lets you select enemy units.

Spl1nter

Ladder is either broken or dead. Lose 10 games in a row and continue to face plat opponents throughout. Only time I didnt was around game 8-9 were I faced a silver and bronze than back to plat.

HappyHunting

Neo Member
Ladder is either broken or dead. Lose 10 games in a row and continue to face plat opponents throughout. Only time I didnt was around game 8-9 were I faced a silver and bronze than back to plat.

Neither ? 10 days since launch is not enough data for the system to stabalize. You aren't the only player on the ladder, other people's performance is taken into account on who you face as well.

Mr Swine

Banned

Well it's worse for me, lost 25 matches in a row against plat/ high gold :/

Ketch

Well it's worse for me, lost 25 matches in a row against plat/ high gold :/

You're like one of those semi-pro boxers they bring in just to pad the other guy's record.

Glad everyone is doing placements. We should have a placement event/ladder night, where everyone who needs to place or is feeling the ladder anxiety just gets in mumble together while we play.

Aylinato

You're like one of those semi-pro boxers they bring in just to pad the other guy's record.

Glad everyone is doing placements. We should have a placement event/ladder night, where everyone who needs to place or is feeling the ladder anxiety just gets in mumble together while we play.

Everyone can go on mumble at any time. Someday I'll teach you all to add a channel named "just a city boy" and have the description be "born and raised in south Detroit"

I finally played placement matches. I was hoping I get placed into plat. Went 4/5 losses to 2-base voidrays/zealot. Voidrays are so strong now, I scouted and had spores and extra queens up, but I got crushed.

After playin some more games I think I may veto Korhal City it seems too easy for Protoss to turtle up o sky toss, and the ramp it too narrow to try a bust if I want to punish greed.

Also, I think I may just cheese my way into diamond again.

random question:

I have a dv6 7245us laptop with

AMD10-4600M APU quad core 2.3ghz (3.2GHz with turbo boost)
Radeon 7660G APU 3GB dedicated memory
6GB DDR3 RAM

Just wondering what graphical quality settings and FPS it can run..

I know SC2 is more CPU intensive and I'm not expecting it to run on ultra or anything like that. I'm hoping for medium..

random question:

I have a dv6 7245us laptop with

AMD10-4600M APU quad core 2.3ghz (3.2GHz with turbo boost)
Radeon 7660G APU 3GB dedicated memory
6GB DDR3 RAM

Just wondering what graphical quality settings and FPS it can run..

I know SC2 is more CPU intensive and I'm not expecting it to run on ultra or anything like that. I'm hoping for medium..

I can run smoothly on high but I just made the jump to low for competitive play and holy shit it still looks great. Sorry I can't answer your question though :p

I play with everything on the lowest setting but with textures on Ultra and of course native fullscreen resolution and v-sync enabled.

sixghost

Ghost is selected, you want to snipe someone with it, press snipe hotkey and click enemy unit...but you didn't have enough energy to snipe and now you've got the enemy selected instead of your ghost...

That's a stupid tradeoff for not being able to check your opponents upgrades or see what kind of building a protoss is building.

I can run smoothly on high but I just made the jump to low for competitive play and holy shit it still looks great. Sorry I can't answer your question though :p

I play with everything on the lowest setting but with textures on Ultra and of course native fullscreen resolution and v-sync enabled.

Interesting. I'll keep that in mind.

I've been doing some research on this, and some people actually mod the files. Looks a bit confusing. ._.

Heh my gold league division has a WoL GM in second place. Yeah the leagues are still very much provisional at this point..

Any zergs in gold, what sort of early comp do you guys favour vs protoss? say if you scout standard robo stuff, roach/hydra isn't working out for me so well, I know i have bad control but still, so do my opponents..

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Second crash today :(

Is there a way to just start a replay by double clicking on it? Like it was possible in Warcraft 3 and I believe in Brood War (but don't quote me on that one)

Or worst case scenario, can I watch replays while offline? Gonna travel for a bit and will be without internet so watching replays would be great

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Heh my gold league division has a WoL GM in second place. Yeah the leagues are still very much provisional at this point..

Any zergs in gold, what sort of early comp do you guys favour vs protoss? say if you scout standard robo stuff, roach/hydra isn't working out for me so well, I know i have bad control but still, so do my opponents..

Ling, SH, Mutas is what I go for mid game.

f0rk

Lings early on then Swarm Host + Hydra should be coming out just as they try a timing attack. Swarm Host do so much damage.

Top Bottom