• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm back (after 3 days)... what have I missed?

Tntnnbltn

Come now. The only reason some people in this thread don't have 170GB torrents of MLP is because they haven't aired 170GB worth of episodes.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

syllogism

Dooraven said:
That was a great game. Sheth has improved by miles. Funny how a small presence in Korea can do that to you.
Right, I'm sure that week or two helped him a lot :rolleyes:

He lost to DDE earlier quite easily and morrow was playing off race, not that his terran is bad

zlatko

Banned
Ugh. Most of my 20 some games today were ZvZ. Probably 70% ZvZ, 20% ZvP, and then the last 10% goes to T.

I wish Blizzard would give me the option in searching for matches to enable a way that I only get up to 2 in a row of the same match up, at the expense of longer match finding time. I'd be totally cool with that, because I think at one point I did almost 7 ZvZ in a row.

Not to mention this is like the third time in a row now where I motivated myself to play games, and then it's a ZvZ fiesta and I just get mad at the game again. Most of my losses today that weren't ZvZ were 1 base all in/cheese. I hate scouting your 4 gate, cut workers, mass up lings toss in roaches, get some spines, etc and I get rolled. The worst is when you will have enough to hold it off when your reinforcements you are making during the fight show up, then boom one force field keeps you out of the fight, he kills all your workers, expo, and you can't get down as he keeps warping in more units and using more fields until he wants to come up and roll you.

The Terrans I lost to today I felt like I definitely deserved my losses. Not enough scouting, not enough expanding, and sluggish reactions. It sucks that I don't think there was more than 1 game where I wasn't able to get an OL in to check his tech once games were reaching that 8 minute mark or so, but he would die before he see's anything. I'm starting to think I should just always assume banshees and build 2 spore crawlers per base during that time.

And to top it all off my most pissed off moment was losing to some shit Protoss in platinum who proxy 2 gated me on xel naga. I had overlords spread out looking for stupid shit like that too, but he placed it far south behind the bushes. In general I hate Protoss players on ladder, because 9/10 will not fucking expand and will do some form of 1 base all in. Mass void rays off 1 base, 4 gate off 1 base, DT rush off 1 base, you name it they do it.

In summary, probably had 40% win rate if that, and I'm thinking I should just take the game off my hard drive and just stick to spectating. I have little fun when I do convince myself to play. :/

jersoc

I have the opposite problem. I play a lot of ZvP and that's my worst match up. Although I've been getting a lot better. It's mostly my worse because bronze/silver protoss just void ray rush and they all come at different times. Now I pretty much send like 4 OL to scout at different points during the game. I always throw down a quick evo too and 2 queens per base at the start.

But yeah, I play ZvZ very rare and when I do it's just them mass ling all in most of the time. So boring.

Deadman

zlatko said:
Ugh. Most of my 20 some games today were ZvZ. Probably 70% ZvZ, 20% ZvP, and then the last 10% goes to T.

I wish Blizzard would give me the option in searching for matches to enable a way that I only get up to 2 in a row of the same match up, at the expense of longer match finding time. I'd be totally cool with that, because I think at one point I did almost 7 ZvZ in a row.

Not to mention this is like the third time in a row now where I motivated myself to play games, and then it's a ZvZ fiesta and I just get mad at the game again. Most of my losses today that weren't ZvZ were 1 base all in/cheese. I hate scouting your 4 gate, cut workers, mass up lings toss in roaches, get some spines, etc and I get rolled. The worst is when you will have enough to hold it off when your reinforcements you are making during the fight show up, then boom one force field keeps you out of the fight, he kills all your workers, expo, and you can't get down as he keeps warping in more units and using more fields until he wants to come up and roll you.

The Terrans I lost to today I felt like I definitely deserved my losses. Not enough scouting, not enough expanding, and sluggish reactions. It sucks that I don't think there was more than 1 game where I wasn't able to get an OL in to check his tech once games were reaching that 8 minute mark or so, but he would die before he see's anything. I'm starting to think I should just always assume banshees and build 2 spore crawlers per base during that time.

And to top it all off my most pissed off moment was losing to some shit Protoss in platinum who proxy 2 gated me on xel naga. I had overlords spread out looking for stupid shit like that too, but he placed it far south behind the bushes. In general I hate Protoss players on ladder, because 9/10 will not fucking expand and will do some form of 1 base all in. Mass void rays off 1 base, 4 gate off 1 base, DT rush off 1 base, you name it they do it.

In summary, probably had 40% win rate if that, and I'm thinking I should just take the game off my hard drive and just stick to spectating. I have little fun when I do convince myself to play. :/

This sounds alot like me a couple of weeks ago, except with the zvp and zvz ratio reversed. How i fixed it was switch to protoss. You win alot more games and its quite fun to play again, im finding myself actually wanting to go ladder. Once they make zerg fun then I/you can go back to it. In the mean time get your zerg fix from cheering them on in tournaments.

I hope this is the correct forum to post this in but i`m just starting to get back into SC2, and I need some help..badly. If anybody is interesting in helping/beating me please add me to your friends list. ISCAR

I will warn you that playing me is like kicking a small blind slightly retarded puppy.

jersoc said:
I have the opposite problem. I play a lot of ZvP and that's my worst match up. Although I've been getting a lot better. It's mostly my worse because bronze/silver protoss just void ray rush and they all come at different times. Now I pretty much send like 4 OL to scout at different points during the game. I always throw down a quick evo too and 2 queens per base at the start.

If you have 2 queens per base and get your evo chamber than defending void rays should really be easy. You have to make sure you connect up the creep between your bases early. Also be careful not to engage with too few queens only to have a phoenix come in and shit on you.

Deadman said:
This sounds alot like me a couple of weeks ago, except with the zvp and zvz ratio reversed. How i fixed it was switch to protoss. You win alot more games and its quite fun to play again, im finding myself actually wanting to go ladder. Once they make zerg fun then I/you can go back to it. In the mean time get your zerg fix from cheering them on in tournaments.

I love playing zerg right now. Yeah sometimes playing terran can be a little frustrating but it can also be very satisfying (banelines/infestors demolishing marines, or just in general when i kill those dirty terrans ;)).

Deadman

To me its like there are 2 zerg races. The zerg in the first ~10 minutes where you can just die to anything because its hard to scout and aggression is really strong anyway, then theres the zerg after that where you can make a million units and do all kinds of fun stuff. Unfortunately ladder matches dont seem to get to that part very often. Its mostly a blizzard design choice rather than balance, which is why i hope heart of the swarm will change things around.

BigAT

captmorgan said:
I hope this is the correct forum to post this in but i`m just starting to get back into SC2, and I need some help..badly. If anybody is interesting in helping/beating me please add me to your friends list. ISCAR

I will warn you that playing me is like kicking a small blind slightly retarded puppy.
Hop into the GAF chat channel in game, it's a much better place to find someone to practice with (also, you didn't include your friend code digits). The channel name is "NeoGAF".

Is anyone watching the white-ra sen show match? The footage of them talking with gretorp and going to the beach is down right embarrasing.

Just when i thought the NASL and gretorp couldn't sink any lower they go and pull this stunt.

hamchan

AdventureRacing said:
Is anyone watching the white-ra sen show match? The footage of them talking with gretorp and going to the beach is down right embarrasing.

Just when i thought the NASL and gretorp couldn't sink any lower they go and pull this stunt.

And it's a Gretorp solo cast, screw watching it!

hamchan said:
And it's a Gretorp solo cast, screw watching it!

Oh it gets better, the auto cam is back!

Edit: Either that or gretorp is the just spazzing out for no reason.

EviLore said:
I encourage Starcraft-GAF and the other GAF subcommunities to come up with designs representing their respective subcommunity for our NeoGAF t-shirt contest. >$500 in prizes for participants and the shirts will all be at-cost.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=438373

Damn i wish i had some more skill with this sort of thing cause i think that looks like a lot of fun.

I'd probably go for a baneling that looks like the GAF logo.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
EviLore said:
I encourage Starcraft-GAF and the other GAF subcommunities to come up with designs representing their respective subcommunity for our NeoGAF t-shirt contest. >$500 in prizes for participants and the shirts will all be at-cost.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=438373

Sounds like fun.

Time to crack open photoshop and get to work on pony SC2GAF shirts.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
proxyhatch.jpg

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
jasonng said:
Great idea. Still think our shirt design should say "Spl1inter can go to hell" or something of the like.

I was thinking something along the lines of overlaying the NeoGAF logo over the visor of a marine.

EGPQIm.jpg

Another idea is to overlay the logo on the banelings acid sack.

F7Oqvm.jpg

One idea I think would really be nice is to somehow place the GAF logo into the heart of a mothership with the title 'believe.'
fTYZ9m.jpg

Just some random thoughts.

jasonng

Corran pointed it out but we would run into copyright issues if we use sc2 or other IP images (HA SUCK IT PONIES). Don't mind it though, it should encourage more subtle tshirt designs.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
No using the word neogaf, or the logo like that, it's way to ugh

i dont want to be asked every day what it is.

where is drawing sc2 gaf! draw a panda head with pony legs.. and zergling feelers!

HolyCheck said:
No using the word neogaf, or the logo like that, it's way to ugh

i dont want to be asked every day what it is.

where is drawing sc2 gaf! draw a panda head with pony legs.. and zergling feelers!

Agreed, i think it's much better when the shirt is subtle rather than just saying neogaf with the logo.

WedgeX

Banned
What was trying to describe in chat:

Rage:

sc2gaftshirt1.png

Damn you paint! Needs some more talented, photoshop welding, GAFFER work.

Forever Orange:

sc2gaftshirtforeverorange.png

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
jasonng said:
Corran pointed it out but we would run into copyright issues if we use sc2 or other IP images (HA SUCK IT PONIES). Don't mind it though, it should encourage more subtle tshirt designs.
jokes on you, belle eve is an original character

4wKxn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom