• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Jeff-DSA

because terran is the race that you need to keep pressuring the whole game while building more production and producing units in the same time.
basically, you need to macro while microing units.

Not only that, but you're dead if your main gets invaded because they can camp your production facilities. Zerg can mass units from other hatches and Protoss can warp in anywhere. If you've lost your main army and they're near your base, it's over because units come out one at a time and from one location. You have to be far more mindful of that possibility.

FoxSpirit

Not only that, but you're dead if your main gets invaded because they can camp your production facilities. Zerg can mass units from other hatches and Protoss can warp in anywhere. If you've lost your main army and they're near your base, it's over because units come out one at a time and from one location. You have to be far more mindful of that possibility.
At least your units come out from one location, if the oponent is near your nat as Zerg your 3rd and/or 4th are basically cut off from adding to your ball. And if they are in your base it's gg anyway, hurray having your tech buildings sniped. Toss prolly have it best there.
At least Terran can keep looking at their army when they're building new units.
Well, so can I, you can inject via the minimap and all my queens and hatches are hotkeyed.

I wanna give a shoutout to the "teamliquid multitasking trainer" here. Even only on "very easy" if you can do it, your game will improve so much. If I warm up with it, my game is totally different. Scout micro skyrockets. No warm up? Don't look at meeee >.<

I wanna give a shoutout to the "teamliquid multitasking trainer" here. Even only on "very easy" if you can do it, your game will improve so much. If I warm up with it, my game is totally different. Scout micro skyrockets. No warm up? Don't look at meeee >.<

Tried to find a link to that map, where did you grab it from?

Jeff-DSA

At least your units come out from one location, if the oponent is near your nat as Zerg your 3rd and/or 4th are basically cut off from adding to your ball. And if they are in your base it's gg anyway, hurray having your tech buildings sniped. Toss prolly have it best there.

I guess there's advantages each way, but if your main is under siege, you can mass lings from different hatches and at least counter. Protoss has the option to warp in away from danger and counter as well. Once they're on your production as Terran, you're done.

cdyhybrid

Guess I'll go Toss for now. What are the "safe" and easy openings for each matchup I could start off with? I'm probably down to around silver level since all that time off, so I'm basically starting from scratch.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Zerg so OP....they can stack their overlords!

u2i3h.jpg

Jeff-DSA

Dear Zerg players,

After abandoning my attempts to use mech in TvZ, I'd like to apologize to them for the feelings I have expressed that the TvZ matchup was so horrible for Terran in many ways. I'm now seeing how much more manageable the matchup is when mobility is a bit more even.

Yes, I still hate Banelings, but my fear of Mutas has diminished now that I'm using more bio and I'm actually able to track them down.

The composition that is working most for me right now is Marines, (a few) Marauders, Medivac, Tank, 2 Thors, and a handful of Hellions. The Thors help me absorb Bane hits as well as to discourage the Mutas from getting too close to my tanks when my Marines are a bit forward after the Banelings have rolled through.

Infestors are still a problem from time to time, but I'm dealing with them better than I have in the past.

WedgeX

Banned
Dear Zerg players,

After abandoning my attempts to use mech in TvZ, I'd like to apologize to them for the feelings I have expressed that the TvZ matchup was so horrible for Terran in many ways. I'm now seeing how much more manageable the matchup is when mobility is a bit more even.

Yes, I still hate Banelings, but my fear of Mutas has diminished now that I'm using more bio and I'm actually able to track them down.

The composition that is working most for me right now is Marines, (a few) Marauders, Medivac, Tank, 2 Thors, and a handful of Hellions. The Thors help me absorb Bane hits as well as to discourage the Mutas from getting too close to my tanks when my Marines are a bit forward after the Banelings have rolled through.

Infestors are still a problem from time to time, but I'm dealing with them better than I have in the past.

That reminds me.

Beat a zerg who went muta, ling/bane, and hyrda (?!).

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/uploads/repimgs/repimg-33-251668.jpg

I beat a toss somehow!

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/uploads/repimgs/repimg-33-251669.jpg

And got beat by (._.)

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/uploads/repimgs/repimg-33-251670.jpg

Critiques, I need them!

My macro is ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusty, fo sho.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Dear Zerg players,

Distill it down more.
All you need are tanks and marines and some medivacs. Thor only if they have 12+ muta. Why is your Thor tanking bane hits? It's because they are bad. 2 tanks infinity better. Marauders imo are only for timing attacks when they can pick off a few banes. Otherwise: Marines + medivac in their place. Marauders mean you have a tech lab after you've finished combat shield and stim. A few are ok if they have infestors and you stim snipe some.

Basically what I'm saying is well controlled Marine Tank has no need for the other units if handled properly. Also make sure you get double upgrades and start 2-2 immediately along with +1 vehicle attack. Have to constantly be aggressive after Z take's their third and makes sure they can't use it (or kill it before they can). Then just trade until you win.

Mutas are garbage units, just build 2 turrets a base and go kill Zerg.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I feel sad. watching dragon stream while he is listening to old sc1 music. People in chat are asking where the music is from.

-.-''

I feel sad. watching dragon stream while he is listening to old sc1 music. People in chat are asking where the music is from.

-.-''

I love bw music so i felt great watching his stream (especially compared to the garbage music everyone else uses). I probably would have felt the same way if i read the chat though lol.

Striek

Was playing SC2 (obs map, lulz) and my game freaked the fuck out after a game. Picture flashing black, geometry skewed etc. Tabbing to desktop was fine, computer running well. Hope graphics card isn't dying :(

Jeff-DSA

Distill it down more.
All you need are tanks and marines and some medivacs. Thor only if they have 12+ muta. Why is your Thor tanking bane hits? It's because they are bad. 2 tanks infinity better. Marauders imo are only for timing attacks when they can pick off a few banes. Otherwise: Marines + medivac in their place. Marauders mean you have a tech lab after you've finished combat shield and stim. A few are ok if they have infestors and you stim snipe some.

Basically what I'm saying is well controlled Marine Tank has no need for the other units if handled properly. Also make sure you get double upgrades and start 2-2 immediately along with +1 vehicle attack. Have to constantly be aggressive after Z take's their third and makes sure they can't use it (or kill it before they can). Then just trade until you win.

Mutas are garbage units, just build 2 turrets a base and go kill Zerg.

My Marauders are only left over from the early part of the game. I usually push out 2-3 of them to have in my first push to help with the spine crawlers. I don't build them after a few that point. But yeah, I could probably lose the Thors.

Top Bottom