• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Was playing SC2 (obs map, lulz) and my game freaked the fuck out after a game. Picture flashing black, geometry skewed etc. Tabbing to desktop was fine, computer running well. Hope graphics card isn't dying :(

My computer/keyboard have just randomly been freezing on me so SC2 is pretty much impossible right now (starting a new job hasn't helped either).

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
My Marauders are only left over from the early part of the game. I usually push out 2-3 of them to have in my first push to help with the spine crawlers. I don't build them after a few that point. But yeah, I could probably lose the Thors.
Why are you attacking into spine crawlers with Marine Marauder?

syllogism

No blizzcon this year

Blizzard Entertainment is proud to announce the 2012 Battle.net World Championship, a major global eSports event featuring some of the best pro-gaming competition in the world. Slated to take place in Asia toward the end of 2012, the Battle.net World Championship will host this year’s StarCraft II and World of Warcraft Arena World Championship tournaments. Blizzard gamers and eSports fans from around the world will be invited to attend and witness some of the most skilled pro players on the planet battle it out for cash and glory.

We’re excited to be showcasing Blizzard eSports on a truly global stage this year. We're also heavily focused on getting Diablo III, Mists of Pandaria, and Heart of the Swarm into players’ hands as soon as possible. In light of our jam-packed schedule, we’ve decided to hold the next BlizzCon in 2013.

More details about the 2012 Battle.net World Championship and BlizzCon 2013, including specific dates and locations, will be coming in the months ahead.
http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/blog/4338369/2012_Battlenet_World_Championship_Event-1_25_2012

Holden

ultron87

I don't really see what they could do to phoenixes besides something crazy like giving them splash or giving them more range that would really make them a threat to an already established muta ball.

Jeff-DSA

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/3599263/Questions_from_the_Community_-25_01_2012#blog

David kim addresses some points the community have brought to him.

TL;DR

Toss whining about muta still, gonna buff phoenix
Toss whining about not winning tournaments still, gonna buff protoss
Terran whining about protoss, not gonna buff them
Bronze terrrans whining about everything, gonna buff them

The only thing I really cared about that he talked about is possibly restoring the EMP to what it was (it's too small right now) and looking at a way to help Protoss deal with Mutalisks.

Q8D3vil

I don't really see what they could do to phoenixes besides something crazy like giving them splash or giving them more range that would really make them a threat to an already established muta ball.

range sounds reasonable since it won't interfere with the viking battle.

jasonng

Are we already forgetting how much of an investment mutas are? You can't outright win a game with a pure mutaball unless you allow the zerg hit 200 supply with it. In that scenario, that's your fault.

Vaporak

The only thing I really cared about that he talked about is possibly restoring the EMP to what it was (it's too small right now).

I honestly don't see how you could possibly come to that conclusion by reading this:
Ghost EMP is Too Weak

We aren’t seeing an issue with EMP in the game currently. Ghosts remain in heavy use vs. protoss, which makes us think they’re still really powerful for cost. The terran race remains competitive and effective, so we’re not planning any buffs at the moment.

Jeff-DSA

I honestly don't see how you could possibly come to that conclusion by reading this:

No, I mean I cared that he brought that up, as in it's a topic that interests me. I didn't say that I was happy with their decision. I wasn't being very clear as I was posting from my cell phone at the time and I was being overly brief.

FoxSpirit

Are we already forgetting how much of an investment mutas are? You can't outright win a game with a pure mutaball unless you allow the zerg hit 200 supply with it. In that scenario, that's your fault.
Yeah, I don't get how mutras are OP vs Toss, aren't cannons and blink stalkers more than enough?? *stealth wish to exploit imba*

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Muta mobility combined with P anti air and combat viability vs stalkers makes them good.

Wouldn't be as big a problem if P's made motherships to counter mass muta. Or the Arbiter was in.
Phoenix imba as shit, fuck buffing them.

So while protoss tournament players aren’t winning as many tournaments, their match to match win percentages in the same tournaments look very solid.
YEAH THAT'S RIGHT TOSS PLAYERS ARE SHIT

I really think the game is greatly balanced for the most part, maybe Terran is wee bit stronger than the other 2 on the highest level of play, but I believe we should experiment with more maps and try to balance the game with that before saying that for sure. Daybreak is probably the best SC2 map yet when it comes to both really entertaining games and very close race winning percentages, so more of that should be good.

Vaporak

Yeah, I don't get how mutras are OP vs Toss, aren't cannons and blink stalkers more than enough?? *stealth wish to exploit imba*

I'd say Mutas are good vs Protoss, but I haven't really seen any serious evidence of them being OP. I do think the Mutas vs Protoss is badly designed compared to Mutas vs Terran though. The amount of resources P has to invest to defend vs Mutas is significantly higher than a T, which just leads to a very boring matchup design.

Aylinato

Muta mobility combined with P anti air and combat viability vs stalkers makes them good.

Wouldn't be as big a problem if P's made motherships to counter mass muta. Or the Arbiter was in.
Phoenix imba as shit, fuck buffing them.

YEAH THAT'S RIGHT TOSS PLAYERS ARE SHIT

Game needs patch, buff Ghost emp range by 1, buff broods(lower build time of tech building)

zargle

I'm ok with this.

As for Mutas, do canons and turrets even matter? Most times 10 Mutas just roll in and kill the static defense off without any losses.

The way I always hear that explained is that the static defenses are there to deter smaller groups and delay the bigger groups so that units can get there.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

boo-man.gif

Top Bottom