• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

fanboi

Banned
Yet again it almost fell from the first page...

And now I'm off to horseschool (or whatever its called)... who will take the watch?

Zen

Banned
SO Boxer is now the head coach of Slayers.

"The appointment of BoxeR as the team's playing head coach is the best decision for the team at the present time. For the moment we will operate the team with BoxeR at the helm for this season, and depending on this season's results we will determine whether he will remain as the playing head coach for the subsequent season."

[Note: Cella stepped down as playing head coach of SlayerS a fair while back and became just a regular (playing?) coach.]

I wonder if this means that Boxer might be retiring from regular play. :'(

jasonng

fuck fuck fuck, i won the game and was destroying his main base then internet disconnected.
FML

tumblr_liylt3rAnh1qzsokro1_500.png

Spl1nter

If anyone wants to play some practice games now or later this afternoon that would be awesome. Want to find a build against each race before I start laddering.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
If anyone wants to play some practice games now or later this afternoon that would be awesome. Want to find a build against each race before I start laddering.

You can't handle my Platinum skills.

Q8D3vil

winning is more important then points bro

yeah, i don't give a fuck about points (i quit zvz after all), but its just frustrating to drop games like that after you know the literally won but the other player is just sticking around because there is 0.000001% you might drop :/

gonna be online in 1 hour.

zargle

Forget that I'm terrible because I just got into SC2, but this guy in a ladder match decides the match is over and I've lost, proceeds to tell me I'm a faggot and rages. I build CCs and fly them off to repay his kindness.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41161/Arid%20Plateau%20%284%29.SC2Replay

That is one of the things I miss about playing terran, having the ability to screw someone over if I dont like them by just living forever in the sky.

That is one of the things I miss about playing terran, having the ability to screw someone over if I dont like them by just living forever in the sky.

I was actually going to make one last push and call it a game, but the guy just had to be a big asshole. He raged, I sarcastically told him he was everything I've been missing in my learning SC2 and did the 4 CC salute.

I wouldn't do it to just anyone.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Forget that I'm terrible because I just got into SC2, but this guy in a ladder match decides the match is over and I've lost, proceeds to tell me I'm a faggot and rages. I build CCs and fly them off to repay his kindness.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41161/Arid%20Plateau%20%284%29.SC2Replay

Bwahaha, I fly CCs off all the time, though I actually do go AFK and don't tell them about it so they end up playing a long time with themselves. It's best if they don't suspect anything so they keep macroing for naught.

FoxSpirit

GafCraft Census: how many in here have played the "Teamliquid Multitasking Trainer" and "Darglein Micro Trainer"? Because I have the feeling it's too few.

Count: 1

This census is brought to you by the training map awareness campaign

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yo DeMuslim is the man. His stream is so awesome. He talks about what he's doing while he's playing and then goes over the replay, while giving commentary and answering question. I will gladly sit through commercials for you to get some mo money DeMuslim!

edit: Also, my idea verified. Early gas rather than 2 at a time when Orbital goes up on first command center. 15 food. Orbital, Marine and refinery all within a few seconds.

Striek

edit: Also, my idea verified. Early gas rather than 2 at a time when Orbital goes up on first command center. 15 food. Orbital, Marine and refinery all within a few seconds.

But that has been the normal way since the beginning. You usually go 10depot, 12rax, 13gas, marine+OC when rax is finished. Who told you to ever get both gas at the same time :/

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
But that has been the normal way since the beginning. You usually go 10depot, 12rax, 13gas, marine+OC when rax is finished. Who told you to ever get both gas at the same time :/

lol I keep forgetting I'm the noobie

Team Liquid told me :/

fanboi

Banned
Almost fell from the first page again...!

But this time I have something to say.

Watching CatZ play yesterday against SaSe (ZvP) in some tournament... and dear god his playstyle is so different in a good way.

He 7 pooled, failed, SaSe walled of with cannons and gate. What do you do? Oh, build a proxy hatch outside his walloff and then mass lings and 6-7 spines on the proxy attack and win.

He also utilises drop play all the time.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
lol I keep forgetting I'm the noobie

Team Liquid told me :/
:|

You get double gas after you start your CC and extra rax if you barracks expand. Or you are going 1 base all-in cloack banshee/tank.

Why would you ever need 2 gas so early? Think man!

Almost fell from the first page again...!

But this time I have something to say.

Watching CatZ play yesterday against SaSe (ZvP) in some tournament... and dear god his playstyle is so different in a good way.

He 7 pooled, failed, SaSe walled of with cannons and gate. What do you do? Oh, build a proxy hatch outside his walloff and then mass lings and 6-7 spines on the proxy attack and win.

He also utilises drop play all the time.

I watched those games as well and Sases play was embarrasing. When catz managed to somehow get creep into Sases nat and 3rd preventing him from expanding Sase went DT's. He built like 7 of them and went into catz only exapnsion. There was only 1 spore and fairly minimal defense. Instead of sniping the spore and going to town on everything he tried to snipe the hatch and lost his whole army for free.

He just kept doing incredibly dumb stuff. Considering he has gotten to train in Korea that standard of play was just plain terrible.

fanboi

Banned
I watched those games as well and Sases play was embarrasing. When catz managed to somehow get creep into Sases nat and 3rd preventing him from expanding Sase went DT's. He built like 7 of them and went into catz only exapnsion. There was only 1 spore and fairly minimal defense. Instead of sniping the spore and going to town on everything he tried to snipe the hatch and lost his whole army for free.

He just kept doing incredibly dumb stuff. Considering he has gotten to train in Korea that standard of play was just plain terrible.

Yes, this is correct.

But I think this relates to stress since CatZ build was all over the place and impossible to know what was coming next.

Striek

Catz ZvP is 100% epic cheese and powerful all-ins from what I've seen. Shame theres not much opportunity to mimic it in ZvT or ZvZ or he might he a threatening player.

Meanwhile Sase just took down ForGG 2-0 in the FXOpen Invitational LB...

Top Bottom